Windows 10: “This item was encoded in a format that’s not supported”

Discus and support “This item was encoded in a format that’s not supported” in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I had a question about downloading my video files from google drive. I’m not sure if my question should be posted here but it seems the problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gabriela Brook, Sep 12, 2019.

1. “This item was encoded in a format that’s not supported”

Hello, I had a question about downloading my video files from google drive. I’m not sure if my question should be posted here but it seems the problem is windows refusing to open the file.

I tried to download a video through google photos that was uploaded from my phone via google drive. The download was successful and the file was in an .MOV file as my other successful uploads have been (the other uploads were not done with google photos.) When I went to open the file to see if the quality was preserved, it prompted me to purchase HEVC video extensions for $0.99. If I hit the “not now” option I’m given this error code:

0xc00d5212

With the message:

”This item was encoded in a format that’s not supported.”

This is peculiar to me as I’ve never had this problem opening .MOV files before. The video was recorded with my iPhone, not with a professional camera. I just don’t understand why I can’t open simple iPhone video files. Thank you for any help.

-Gabriela

:)

Gabriela Brook, Sep 12, 2019
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Media format support on WP7

I've been using the MP4 container with the H264 encoding for my videos. I use this format because it seems to be recognized by the widest range of devices I have (WP7/Zune, iOS, iTunes, Android, and the set-top-boxes connected to my TVs). Among other things
    one can use Nero Recode or Handbrake (Handbrake is free) for encoding files using this container and codec. When you converter to WMV it's possible that the file just had a WMV container but a different codec. What software are you using to encode?

|
    http://www.j2i.net | Windows Phone Developer MVP | Software Engineer

Joel Ivory Johnson, Sep 12, 2019
  4. “This item was encoded in a format that’s not supported”

Media format support on WP7

What are the media format supported on WP7?

From the msdn list I found H264 to be supported. I've several media files in mkv format (H.264) and I'm trying to get them on my phone. I converted them to Mp4 but Zune is unable to play these files. I even converted one to wmv so now zune can play this
    but when syncing to phone I get an error (error code belongs to some unsupported codec. C00D002F).

Also what are the file format supported by Zune (does it look for the files with a certain extension or the encode format as well)?

sandeep

Sandeep Singh Rawat, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

“This item was encoded in a format that’s not supported”

1. “This item was encoded in a format that’s not supported” - Similar Threads - “This item was

2. File Format Is Not Supported Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Format Is Not Supported Error: I uploaded some JPEG photos from my iPhone to the new Microsoft photos. Microsoft photos will not open them - I get a message that the file format is not supported. This did not happen to all the JPEG files. What is going on?...
  3. We can't open... It's encoded in MP3 format, which isn't supported. 0xC00D5212

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We can't open... It's encoded in MP3 format, which isn't supported. 0xC00D5212: hi,When I want to play MP3's via the Windows Media Player, I received the following error message: We can't open... It's encoded in MP3 format, which isn't supported. 0xC00D5212. How can I fix it? Plus, playing MP3's in another software will not start....
  4. We can't open... It's encoded in MP3 format, which isn't supported. 0xC00D5212

We can't open... It's encoded in MP3 format, which isn't supported. 0xC00D5212: hi,When I want to play MP3's via the Windows Media Player, I received the following error message: We can't open... It's encoded in MP3 format, which isn't supported. 0xC00D5212. How can I fix it? Plus, playing MP3's in another software will not start....
  5. Encoder problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encoder problems: Encoder problems while streaming poor quality https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encoder-problems/896a7949-06e8-47a3-9073-d1bd090b9635
  6. Music video error 0xc00d36b4, This item is in a format we don’t support

in Windows 10 News
    Music video error 0xc00d36b4, This item is in a format we don’t support: Users get error 0xc00d36b4 in Windows 10 when the built-in media player fails to play a particular video file. In such circumstances, the player skips the current video file and starts playing the next one. Some possible reasons for the error 0xc00d36b4 in Windows 10 include...
  7. Can't play, Choose something else to play. This item is in a format we don't support....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't play, Choose something else to play. This item is in a format we don't support....: I get this error whenever I try and play an mp4 file on my computer, I ran a troubleshooter that told me I needed to pay a dollar for a HEVC Video extension, so I did, and it still doesn't even work!...
  8. This item was encoded in a format that’s not supported (0xc00d5212)

in Windows 10 News
    This item was encoded in a format that’s not supported (0xc00d5212): [ATTACH]Some Windows 10 users have noticed the error code 0xc00d5212 when trying to play […] This article This item was encoded in a format that’s not supported (0xc00d5212) first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Dolby encoding

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dolby encoding: I am running Pinnacle Studio 11 on windows 10. The program loads ok. When dragging a clip onto the time line I am asked to activate Dolby encoding/decoding. Question. How do I do activate this please?...
  10. Encoding a movie

Encoding a movie: Hello Bree, This I owe you: Two weeks ago downloaded "The sound of music" movie, found an Hebrew subtitle, it was in exact sync with the movie. Added the subtitle using "Handbrake". Once I tried to add subtitles with "DVDstyler" but did not like the fonts shape, in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. this item was encoded in a format thats not supported.

2. this item was encoded in a format thats not supported

3. this item was encoded in a format

4. his item was encoded in a format thats not supported.,
  5. encoded in a format not supported means,
  6. what does this mean This item was encoded in a format thats not supported,
  7. this item was encoded,
  8. this item was encoded in a format that,
  9. iphone video item was encoded in a format that is not supported,
  10. iphone this item was encoded in a format thats not supported,
  11. wav this item was encoded in a format that is not supported,
  12. this item was encoded in a format thats not supported 0xc00d obs,
  13. this item was encoded in a format thats not supported error 0xc00d5212,