Windows 10: This keep happening even after I reset explorer! Also thumbnails on media wont display half...

Discus and support This keep happening even after I reset explorer! Also thumbnails on media wont display half... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/porterballs [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/porterballs, Dec 10, 2019.

1. This keep happening even after I reset explorer! Also thumbnails on media wont display half...

/u/porterballs, Dec 10, 2019
  2. jsmin Win User

Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Billb1111 Win User
    Displaying Thumbnails for .jpg files in Windows 10 File Explorer

Thanks for your suggestion.

As "recommended for Windows 10", "Photos" is the default app for "Photo viewer" (.jpg isn't really listed as the file extension in the settings).

Do you have another app you would suggest?

By the way, my photos open and display just fine, the issue is the general absence of thumbnails in File Explorer.

Billb1111, Dec 10, 2019
  4. Dgo47 Win User

This keep happening even after I reset explorer! Also thumbnails on media wont display half...

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

This keep happening even after I reset explorer! Also thumbnails on media wont display half...

1. This keep happening even after I reset explorer! Also thumbnails on media wont display half... - Similar Threads - keep happening reset

2. .png thumbnails displayed as square in the Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .png thumbnails displayed as square in the Windows Explorer: Hi there,-> Windows 11 is cropping the *.png thumbnails in the file Explorer. It doesn't do it for the *.jpg files.This is very annoying: I'm a graphic designer and when I want to replace an existing file with a new version, I don't see the full image as thumbnail but only a...
  3. .png thumbnails displayed as square in the Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .png thumbnails displayed as square in the Windows Explorer: Hi there,-> Windows 11 is cropping the *.png thumbnails in the file Explorer. It doesn't do it for the *.jpg files.This is very annoying: I'm a graphic designer and when I want to replace an existing file with a new version, I don't see the full image as thumbnail but only a...
  4. After I reset windows and choose to keep files this happens.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After I reset windows and choose to keep files this happens.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Zaciars [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m89ipx/after_i_reset_windows_and_choose_to_keep_files/
  5. Thumbnails in Windows Explorer are Not Displayed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thumbnails in Windows Explorer are Not Displayed: I've tried every solution described in this article, but I can't get Windows 10 Edu. 1909 64 bit to display thumbnails in Windows Explorer. "Always show icons, never thumbnails" in Windows Explorer is deactivated. Any help would be appreciated. submitted by /u/-Skybird-...
  6. Pictures not displaying thumbnail previews in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures not displaying thumbnail previews in File Explorer: I recently bought a laptop with Windows 10, having decided to move away from Apple MacBook. This has proven to be a disaster. I use my laptop as I edit photos and graphic design content. However it is proving an impossible task to do this as all of my saved files won't...
  7. BSOD keeps happening even after a fresh install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD keeps happening even after a fresh install: I only face this with a variety of games however some work fine they are the exception, not the rule such as the new Doom. It kept happening so I reinstalled a fresh win10, however, it still happens. Here is the dump....
  8. Thumbnails not displaying in Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails not displaying in Explorer: Thumbnails on my new laptop running Win10 are not displaying in Explorer or editing software. They show briefly after a folder opens and when I use the slider, they show for a split second as the mouse scrolls down. Otherwise only an icon shows....
  9. Explorer not displaying PDF thumbnails, but will display JPEGs

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer not displaying PDF thumbnails, but will display JPEGs: Hey Guys, this is an odd one. I have a new Win10 machine which completely refuses to display thumbnails for PDF file types. I have checked the view settings in explorer, and also the visual effects settings and it looks correct. I have tried using Adobe Reader DC...
  10. Everything reset, even social media?

in Windows 10 Support
    Everything reset, even social media?: Hello, A few hours ago I left my computer to go for tea and when I got back I realized that my icons on my desktop had seemed to have deleted themselves and my wallpaper had reset. A quick look through my files and settings revealed that my WHOLE computer had been reset to...