Windows 10: This keeps popping up every time I try to use my USB stick that I’ve been using for a few...

Discus and support This keeps popping up every time I try to use my USB stick that I’ve been using for a few... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Lil_Rubix_Kube [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lil_Rubix_Kube, Jul 3, 2020.

1. This keeps popping up every time I try to use my USB stick that I’ve been using for a few...

/u/Lil_Rubix_Kube, Jul 3, 2020
  2. Starless. Win User

Windows 10 lock screen popping up while PC in use every few seconds!

Hello

My partner bought a new PC pre-loaded with Windows 10 this week. All looked great until the lock screen began to pop up every few seconds, rendering the PC unusable at times. Sometimes it'll go a few minutes between popping up, but at times it'll keep doing
    it eight or ten times in a row, which is incredibly frustrating. I've seen that Windows apparently has no fix for this as yet?

I've gone and bought a USB flash drive and am in the process of doing a clean install on the PC. I hope this works, but if it doesn't, is there anything else I can do?

Thanks

Starless., Jul 3, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    USB stick previously used as a boot stick for Killdisk not recognized

Try method 2 under Windows 7 8 10 here:
    Free to Remove Readonly Attribute in Windows

Method 2: Clear readonly status with Diskpart

In Windows 10, 8, 7 OS, you are also able to run Diskpart in Command Prompt to clear read-only attribute on any partition on your computer. You can follow the tutorial below:

Step 1. Open Command Line and type Diskpart
    Step 2. Type list disk
    Step 3. Type select disk (disk number)
    Step 4. Type attributes disk clear readonly

This keeps popping up every time I try to use my USB stick that I’ve been using for a few... [​IMG]

Then try Clean

NavyLCDR, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Marc Cai Win User

This keeps popping up every time I try to use my USB stick that I’ve been using for a few...

up/downgrade by using usb stick

Hello, Dan

To address your concern, the official ISO file of Windows 10 media installation should contain the following:

You can obtain the official Windows 10 ISO using the
    Media Creation Tool. For the best suggestions and clear guidelines on how to use the tool, I'm inviting you to check
    this Wiki Article on
    How to Download Official Windows 10 ISO files Using Media Creation Tool.

With regards to your concern about downgrading your Windows 10 to Windows 7, you will be needing to perform a Windows 7 clean installation, since downgrade will not be an option. I hope this
    link will help.

In order to boot from a USB stick, you will need to set the USB as boot priority. The boot options/settings can be found on the BIOS settings. The PC's
    UEFI/BIOS interface will depend on the PC's make and model. The most common way to access BIOS is by pressing F2 key repeatedly while the PC boots up. Some PCs are using the
    ESC key. Try to consider these steps:

1. Once you have reached the BIOS settings, you need to find the
    tab for Boot or Boot setup (Navigate using arrow keys).

2. Under it should show the boot device priority section where you can set the USB drive as primary/priority boot device.

3. Press F10 to save and exit.

For the most accurate step on how you can modify the boot settings of your PC, you may seek an advice from the manufacturer's support site.

Should there be any update, please feel free to hit us back.

Best regards.

Marc Cai, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

This keeps popping up every time I try to use my USB stick that I’ve been using for a few...

1. This keeps popping up every time I try to use my USB stick that I’ve been using for a few... - Similar Threads - keeps popping every

2. Can't use USB stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use USB stick: Hello,I have a problem with USB stick.When I click on its drive letter in Windows Explorer, I am told to insert a disk into USB drive. I can't format it. Disk management says that it is online. What should I do?The problem happens on two computers, with slightly different...
  3. Can't use USB stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't use USB stick: Hello,I have a problem with USB stick.When I click on its drive letter in Windows Explorer, I am told to insert a disk into USB drive. I can't format it. Disk management says that it is online. What should I do?The problem happens on two computers, with slightly different...
  4. Can't use USB stick

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Every time I try to use cortana this happens

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Every time I try to use cortana this happens: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AthleticAlbatross [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ixz715/every_time_i_try_to_use_cortana_this_happens/
  6. Can I still use my USB stick?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I still use my USB stick?: I have just turned my USB stick (128GB) into a recovery drive, can I still save my personal data on it? And it just got formatted to 32GB?! What happens to my 128GB? Kann ich meinen USB Stick noch benutzen?
  7. This keeps popping up every time I use my laptop. How do I stop it from opening by itself?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This keeps popping up every time I use my laptop. How do I stop it from opening by itself?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Lone__-__Wolf [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dr2hy5/this_keeps_popping_up_every_time_i_use_my_laptop/
  8. USB stick in use.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB stick in use.: Have a problem I can't fix for a while now. Whenever I try to format it, make boot disk etc. I get a message that it's in use (by something) no idea what. It can be empty, not formatted, formatted etc. but same thing happens. Otherwise they work fine, I can write to them,...
  9. USB stick in use.

in Windows 10 Support
    USB stick in use.: Have a problem I can't fix for a while now. Whenever I try to format it, make boot disk etc. I get a message that it's in use (by something) no idea what. It can be empty, not formatted, formatted etc. but same thing happens. Otherwise they work fine, I can write to them,...
  10. A White window keeps popping up every few minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    A White window keeps popping up every few minutes: As the title says, I keep getting a white window that pops up around every 5-10 minutes or so. The window is completely blank and is resizable. It stays on my screen for around 10 seconds and then disappears. I attached a picture of a screenshot for you guys to see. I need...