Windows 10: 'this location is currently in use' meaning?

Discus and support 'this location is currently in use' meaning? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; what does the message 'this location is currently in use' mean? I booted Windows 10, version 1803 just now and found this message at the top of my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CarlEberhart, Sep 15, 2018.

1. 'this location is currently in use' meaning?

what does the message 'this location is currently in use' mean?

I booted Windows 10, version 1803 just now and found this message at the top of my display in a round window.

:)

CarlEberhart, Sep 15, 2018

2. Location

Hello Lisa,

One possible cause is that these applications base the location from your Internet Service Provider's IP location. Furthermore, for us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Have you tried setting you default location under Settings? To check, refer to the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + I, then select Privacy.
    • Go to Location. Under Default location, click on
      Set default.
    • Which browser are you using to access the said websites?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Sep 15, 2018
  3. Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 15, 2018
  4. 'this location is currently in use' meaning?

bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

'this location is currently in use' meaning?

1. 'this location is currently in use' meaning? - Similar Threads - 'this location currently

2. What does current channel Broad mean

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does current channel Broad mean: HI I was wondering Sometimes when I push the update button on windows update I get a message saying the following when windows update is up dating the defintions for Windows security antvirus witch is part of windows 11.What I would like to now what does current channel...
  3. What does "Your Location is currently in use" mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does "Your Location is currently in use" mean?: I was online and saw a little white circle on my taskbar. I hovered over it, and it said "Your location is currently in use". I've never seen this notification pop up before, so I got worried. Is it someone trying to locate me or is it the weather status that is located on my...
  4. What does "Your Location is currently in use" mean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does "Your Location is currently in use" mean?: I was online and saw a little white circle on my taskbar. I hovered over it, and it said "Your location is currently in use". I've never seen this notification pop up before, so I got worried. Is it someone trying to locate me or is it the weather status that is located on my...
  5. What does "Your Location is currently in use" mean?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. it says "Location currently in use" but i have my location turned off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    it says "Location currently in use" but i have my location turned off: I installed this software from an unknown website and I ran my antivirus software on the file and it did not find any malware or viruses. I have used it for a day but when I started installing it, I saw a circle with another circle inside it, indicating that my location is...
  7. No location for current applied wallpaper?

No location for current applied wallpaper?: Hi Guys In the past I had this folder...but is now not there? %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\CachedFiles I basically have an image of low res which I set as a tiled background image....I then want to browse that saved tiled image to keep a copy , so that I can deploy to...
  8. Unable to save to current location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to save to current location: My Epson scaner would save the scans in C:\Users\Andrew\Pictures\Scans. So I created a new folder C:\Users\Andrew\Scans, and it worked. Any idea what happened. Anything I can look at. Did a Windows update change something, because this is not the only issue I have had...
  9. Using Cortana to get information related to current location

Using Cortana to get information related to current location: I use Cortana to get information about weather etc. I find this feature very useful. But something has changed and I cannot get this information according to my current location...
  10. Your Location Is Currently In Use

in Windows 10 Support
    Your Location Is Currently In Use: I use windows 10 on my laptop. I have gotten this quite a bit message on the bottom right of my laptop where the icon comes up. Can someone tell me why im getting this message? And most importantly, does it matter? And should i be turning it off? I read that its windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. meaning of computer message location currently in use

2. location is currently in use windows