Windows 10: This might be worthy of tinfoil hat, but I have reason to believe that Windows 10 is...

Discus and support This might be worthy of tinfoil hat, but I have reason to believe that Windows 10 is... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I am the guy who always postpones updates, because I have a lot of things open at the same time and restarting means I have to open them again.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/WillyWankerFagtory, Jan 28, 2020.

1. This might be worthy of tinfoil hat, but I have reason to believe that Windows 10 is...

Hello,

I am the guy who always postpones updates, because I have a lot of things open at the same time and restarting means I have to open them again.

I've started noticing a pattern, that when I skip updates for too long, my PC gets slower and then suddenly it won't wake up from hibernation forcing me to do a hard shutdown, after which it updates.

Is such a thing possible ?

submitted by /u/WillyWankerFagtory
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/WillyWankerFagtory, Jan 28, 2020
  2. trparky Win User

Should I buy Windows 10 Home or Pro?

There are the tinfoil hat wearing nut jobs that believe that Windows 10 is spying on everything that you do. But I tend to dismiss their ideas because they're just crazy. Their tinfoil hats are cutting off proper blood flow to the brain.

trparky, Jan 28, 2020
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    Microsoft's Windows 10 nagware goes FULL SCREEN in final push

I do agree with you, there is too much tinfoil hat conspiracy over W10. However...

You knew there would be a caveat, huh? *Smile This might be worthy of tinfoil hat, but I have reason to believe that Windows 10 is... :)
    The forced upgrade avoidance is only easy for above average users. These upgrades are set up to prey on all those people that have always followed MS suggestion to keep automatic updates on. These are the average people, and they don't have a prayer.

I can't tell you on my one W7 machine I still have the number of times I've caught MS hand on the cookie jar. The only reason I've headed it off at the pass is because my updates are set on manual, and I'm jist anal enough to look up every update in the list.

rtwjunkie, Jan 28, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

This might be worthy of tinfoil hat, but I have reason to believe that Windows 10 is...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

This might be worthy of tinfoil hat, but I have reason to believe that Windows 10 is...

1. This might be worthy of tinfoil hat, but I have reason to believe that Windows 10 is... - Similar Threads - might worthy tinfoil

2. I might have a virus…

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I might have a virus…: So I thought I had a virus because my computer was being really slow and a bit buggy so I ran SFC and DISM and then I restarted my computer after this whenever I turned it back on all my icons on my desktop were completely invisible and only the program name was showing so I...
  3. I might have a virus…

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I might have a virus…: So I thought I had a virus because my computer was being really slow and a bit buggy so I ran SFC and DISM and then I restarted my computer after this whenever I turned it back on all my icons on my desktop were completely invisible and only the program name was showing so I...
  4. I have an old computer of Windows 10 May version i believe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have an old computer of Windows 10 May version i believe: i deleted program files to free up space restarted my computer it goes to lock screen with no way to access anything and i cant download the 64bit file image recovery on my current computer to fix the other one I can only download the 32bit and it wont fix it please help me....
  5. I Believe, I have Virus in Windows Registry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I Believe, I have Virus in Windows Registry: Hi, I think my pc has a virus in explorer.exe HKU\S-1-5-21-2973291222-4259185829-4242739047-165829\ SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\POLICIES\EXPLORER\RUN1...
  6. I have reason to believe my copy of Windows is pirated, how can I completely reset the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have reason to believe my copy of Windows is pirated, how can I completely reset the...: I was today years old when I had noticed something off about my Windows install, in control panel it was listed as a Windows 10 Enterprise install. I have 0 reasons to believe this is on my PC legitimately, so first, I went to CMD and ran slmgr.vbs /rearm in hopes this would...
  7. I believe I have been scammed....

I believe I have been scammed....: A year ago, I fell for a scam by someone that I met online. This person informed me that I had a number of corrupt files on my laptop and that he and his team would be able to rid of them. As well, I was "sold" on signing up for a year on their technical services. The...
  8. I Believe , I have Infected with Trojan

I Believe , I have Infected with Trojan: Hello, I need help to get rid of the -several times asked I guess- $recycle.bin trojan I tried with Hitman Pro, McAfee, and creating a batch file and nothing before I am asked "how do I know it is a trojan?" very simple, I cant access several folders, such as: My...
  9. I believe , I have been hacked

I believe , I have been hacked: I have an email from myself apparently, my router has been hacked and all my data will be sent if I don't pay what should I do [Original Title: hacked] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-believe-i-have-been-hacked/1d887f62-a9d3-4564-aea7-4f6a1b34c016
  10. I believe, I have ransomware

I believe, I have ransomware: I'm being chased by a ransom ware virus that claims that my computer is randomly sending out my account number and other information. I just got this computer from a repair shop without any protection so I need the best blocker that won't also block any authorized content as...