Windows 10: this morning my computer goes to sleep every 3 minutes

Discus and support this morning my computer goes to sleep every 3 minutes in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; As of this morning my computer goes to sleep every 3 minutes. I have everything on "never" The screen saver setting is set on "none" Is there anyway... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jimaz, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Jimaz Win User

this morning my computer goes to sleep every 3 minutes

As of this morning my computer goes to sleep every 3 minutes. I have everything on "never"
    The screen saver setting is set on "none"
    Is there anyway to stop this from happening?

:)

Jimaz, Aug 17, 2015
  2. WaltMaken Win User

My Windows 10 desktop doesn't stay in Sleep mode since the last large update

I've had Windows 10 on my desktop since last fall. Until the latest major Windows 10 update, whenever I would put it into Sleep mode, it stayed in Sleep mode until I took it out of Sleep mode. Now, after that major Windows 10 update, while I can still
    put it into Sleep mode, it will not stay in Sleep mode, but rather goes into a mode that requires the new entry of my PIN. Before the update, it never went into the mode to require a new entry of my PIN. How can I set it to stay in Sleep mode? It's ok to require
    a new entry of the PIN, but I don't want it coming out of Sleep mode until I bring it out of Sleep mode.

WaltMaken, Aug 17, 2015
  3. Computer doesn’t power down on Sleep.

The only solution I have found to keep the PC in sleep mode is to put my hard wired ethernet modem in
    stand-by mode before using the sleep command in Windows 10. The options for sleep mode settings in Windows 10 make no sense at all. All of the provided options for delayed activation of sleep mode cause a wake
    up within minutes of timed delay to activate sleep mode if the ethernet modem is left active.

Dan_White_14424, Aug 17, 2015
  4. UKMedia Win User

Hi

When you say it is going to sleep, is that all of the PC, the display or something other? Can you be more specific please and also complete your system specs? *Smile

UKMedia, Aug 17, 2015
  5. Jimaz Win User
    The PC and the display go to sleep. It was fine yesterday

Windows 10 64bit

Jimaz, Aug 17, 2015
  6. UKMedia Win User
    If you search for Power Options>Edit Plan Settings>Change Advanced power settings, check these settings and let me know.

UKMedia, Aug 17, 2015
  7. Jimaz Win User
    Sleep is on never..Hibernate is on never

Jimaz, Aug 17, 2015
  8. magilla Win User

I have a similar problem. I have changed settings and told the computer to sleep after 30 minutes. It still sleeps in about 3 minutes. I have changed all the settings I can find to change, adjusted the sleep time, told it never to sleep, etc but it still sleeps and I have also told it not to require a password on waking up; it insists on my password. I am thinking it must be related to something in the registry and I don't know what or where to find what to hack! Any Ideas???? I think it has something to do with the settings that HP used in setup but cannot be sure. The computer was upgraded from Windows 7

magilla, Sep 6, 2015
  9. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Sep 6, 2015
  10. soobell Win User
    I had same problem until this morning when I posted a query about it on here. Then - embarassingly - found an answer in another thread, so I'm just passing on CaesarMagnus's tip: apparently, if you switch on using the 'Power' button, rather than the mouse, it stops the (rather maddening) 'sleep after 2 minutes' idleness' syndrome. Don't know why, but it's worked for me this morning my computer goes to sleep every 3 minutes :) So just posting here in case it helps anyone else.

soobell, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. this morning my computer goes to sleep every 3 minutes - Similar Threads - morning computer goes

2. Computer wakes from sleep automatically every morning

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer wakes from sleep automatically every morning: Hello,every morning at 5:26 my computer wakes up from hibernation. But I'm not sure why this happens. I tried:> powercfg -devicequery wake_armedNONE>powercfg -lastwakeWake History Count - 1Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 0I looked at Task Scheduler Library, but there...
  3. Computer wakes from sleep automatically every morning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer wakes from sleep automatically every morning: Hello,every morning at 5:26 my computer wakes up from hibernation. But I'm not sure why this happens. I tried:> powercfg -devicequery wake_armedNONE>powercfg -lastwakeWake History Count - 1Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 0I looked at Task Scheduler Library, but there...
  4. Computer wakes from sleep automatically every morning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows crashing every morning after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crashing every morning after a few minutes: This has started happening since last 1 week. I don't recollect installing any new programs that could have initiated this. After starting my PC for the first time in the day, it keeps crashing after a few minutes. Sometimes, it happens multiple times in a day within few...
  6. every mornig my computer goes to sleep, but sleep is off

every mornig my computer goes to sleep, but sleep is off: then start it starts and it's go direct to sleep and so on windows version 2020h2 19042.804 Sven Åke https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-mornig-my-computer-goes-to-sleep-but-sleep/86ada91d-c344-4641-9d18-43ad1ee24f43
  7. Laptop goes to sleep every 30 minutes even when active.

Laptop goes to sleep every 30 minutes even when active.: Hi My laptop has recently started going to sleep exactly every 30 minutes even when I'm active ie. moving the mouse, typing, watching a video etc. I know it's exactly every 30 minutes because event viewer tells me. In event viewer, it gives the error as Event 506,...
  8. Computer is on every morning?

Computer is on every morning?: Microsoft Community I have a Lenovo T14 Gen 1 that is running Windows 10, version 2004. I started noticing that my laptop is on every morning. I initially thought that maybe it was getting hung up when shutting it off in the evening but that doesn't seem to be an issue. It...
  9. BSOD every time my computer goes to sleep?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD every time my computer goes to sleep?: My computer has been getting BSOD every time it goes to sleep for the last month and I don't know what to do. I have updated drivers, but nothing seems to work. I attached a MSinfo export and the last three minidumps. There were no changes made to the computer the day the...
  10. Pc Goes up every morning with mistakes?

Pc Goes up every morning with mistakes?: i have set 3 days the problem when i turn on the pc every morning that it shows me an error nehmich = video memory management internal but really only in the morning it restarts after that and works as usual after that i have no idea where it could come from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1809 - enable sleep mode