Windows 10: This Network location thing suddenly popped up, and I've never seen something like this on...

Discus and support This Network location thing suddenly popped up, and I've never seen something like this on... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Mhystri [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jxhijo/this_network_location_thing_suddenly_popped_up/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mhystri, Nov 19, 2020.

1. This Network location thing suddenly popped up, and I've never seen something like this on...

/u/Mhystri, Nov 19, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

add a network location windows 10

Hi Erich,

Adding a network place in Windows allows you to access FTP, Windows file shares, and some HTTP servers directly in My Network Places, without having to use an FTP client.
    To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages when you tried adding a network location?
    • Are you trying to add a network location or map a network drive?

Meanwhile, if you're adding a network location, we suggest that you follow these steps below about adding a network location:

• Open This PC in File Explorer, click on the Computer tab, click on the
      Add a network location button in the ribbon.
    • Click on Next in the Add Network Location wizard.
    • Click on Choose a custom network location, and click on
      Next
    • Type the address of the website, FTP site, or network location you want to add, and click on
      Next.
    • If you are allowed to log on anonymously to this network location, click on
      Next
    • Type a name you want for this network location in This PC, and click on
      Next
    • If you are not allowed to log on anonymously to this network location, then uncheck the
      Log on anonymously box, enter the user name for the network location, and click on
      Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • If you could not log on anonymously to this network location, you will see a
      Log On As
      dialog prompting you to enter the user name and password for this network location. Check the
      Save password box if you do not want to be required to type the user name and password every time you access this network location. Click on
      Log On when finished.
    • The network location will now open.

If you're mapping a network, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to map a network drive.

Let us know if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 19, 2020
  4. This Network location thing suddenly popped up, and I've never seen something like this on...

Network card not showing

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things

• Are you using router?

• Are you getting any error message?

Is you are using router then I suggest you to reset the router and check if the issue persist.

Also I suggest you to update the Network Adapter driver. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+X key on your desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate Network drivers, expand, right click and click
      on Update.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

This Network location thing suddenly popped up, and I've never seen something like this on...

1. This Network location thing suddenly popped up, and I've never seen something like this on... - Similar Threads - Network location thing

2. Weird flicker I've never seen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird flicker I've never seen: Hi I recently tried to reset my pc and it has never been able to the last three time but this last time it crashed. Now I get this weird flicker every second and it seems to reset my screen and reverse any actions. EX: I login while it's flickering soon enough I'm on a new...
  3. Weird flicker I've never seen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird flicker I've never seen: Hi I recently tried to reset my pc and it has never been able to the last three time but this last time it crashed. Now I get this weird flicker every second and it seems to reset my screen and reverse any actions. EX: I login while it's flickering soon enough I'm on a new...
  4. Weird flicker I've never seen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I've never seen it, before?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've never seen it, before?: My computer is a, Dell laptop.Running windows 10And for some reason, I get this message?I've never seen it, before?Is this something, to do with my rights?What do I, have to do. To, fix it?Thanks, for reading . . . Jerry...
  6. I've never seen it, before?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I've never seen it, before?: My computer is a, Dell laptop.Running windows 10And for some reason, I get this message?I've never seen it, before?Is this something, to do with my rights?What do I, have to do. To, fix it?Thanks, for reading . . . Jerry...
  7. I've never seen it, before?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. External HDD recognized as system I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HDD recognized as system I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS!: This is crazy.. Ok so I reset my computer not too long ago, and I must've had my external drive plugged in because now my computer sees it as a system drive. I literally have 2 different versions of "Download, Documents, etc" and things get moved, deleted, and messed with...
  9. External HDD recognized as system I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS!

in Windows 10 Support
    External HDD recognized as system I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS!: This is crazy.. Ok so I reset my computer not too long ago, and I must've had my external drive plugged in because now my computer sees it as a system drive. I literally have 2 different versions of "Download, Documents, etc" and things get moved, deleted, and messed with...
  10. External HDD recognized as system I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HDD recognized as system I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS!: Hey guys, so I reset my computer recently. I had my external harddrive plugged in when windows was being installed. Now it wont do certain things without being connected, and I can't access certain files (even files like Documents, Pictures, etc). For some reason it'll still...