Windows 10: This notebook seems to keep trashing itself and needing a reboot.

Discus and support This notebook seems to keep trashing itself and needing a reboot. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; These symptoms are similar to my old machine, so I am putting it down to an inherent windows 10 fault. Have you heard anything? is there a fix coming?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Owen N, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Owen N Win User

This notebook seems to keep trashing itself and needing a reboot.

These symptoms are similar to my old machine, so I am putting it down to an inherent windows 10 fault. Have you heard anything? is there a fix coming?

I am running Steam , OneDrive image, Thunderbird, Google Chrome. Is it related to the "snap right" flaw in creating and renaming new folders?

Fault symptoms are: websites don't display properly, start menu gets screwed up sometimes-it looks like it has stolen the quick-launch bars setup;

and entry fields on the browser and save-files screens don't work.

:)

Owen N, Nov 22, 2020
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Need permission to move folder to Trash

I can't move a folder to the Trash because it says I need permission but under Properties there are three owners (System, myself and my email account [the last one is listed as owner] and each has full access afaik, how can I proceed? P.S. It is a private computer.

surfer2938, Nov 22, 2020
  4. This notebook seems to keep trashing itself and needing a reboot.

Cortana - notebook icon missing

I cant find a search bar next to start which means I dont see cortana setting or the notebook is important to me to have on my taskbar nothing is where it says iit is WHY

I need help also

set up and on my taskbar, I need help getting all tbis

LORI SHITES1, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

This notebook seems to keep trashing itself and needing a reboot.

1. This notebook seems to keep trashing itself and needing a reboot. - Similar Threads - notebook seems keep

2. My notebook PC keeps getting muted by itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My notebook PC keeps getting muted by itself: I've tried every solution on the internet but my laptop's audio keeps on getting muted on its own. I don't know what went wrong but the last thing I did before all this started was updating my Windows 10. I don't know if it is because of Windows update which I did the...
  3. Firefox reboots by itself, twice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firefox reboots by itself, twice: Hi, From two months ago, every time I open windows, my firefox browser reboots twice. It does not give any error message and when it reboots it goes back to the home page. I removed all extensions, then I updated the browser and the Graphic Card, in vain! And from 3 days...
  4. PC shuts down and reboots by itself

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC shuts down and reboots by itself: Hello guys! Recently i ran into a pretty unusual problem with my pc. My computer will run for some timesometimes 5 minutes sometimes a few hours and then randomly shut down with the shutting down screen from windows 10.After it shuts down, it reboots itself and continues to...
  5. laptop computer reboots by itself

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop computer reboots by itself: I can successfully shut down the computer in the morning but when I shut down in the afternoon it reboots by itself. I can shut it down 2 or 3 times and it reboots each time. The only way I can shut it down successfully is by pressing the power button...
  6. PC Crashing and rebooting by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Crashing and rebooting by itself: I get the The bugcheck was: 0x00000139 0x0000000000000003, 0xfffffe0e0fadf4f0, 0xfffffe0e0fadf448, 0x0000000000000000. error, can't find the reason for it. Always it's while playing P3d. I am posting my Memory.dmp file though not sure why it's so heavy, maybe cause I have...
  7. Why did W10 reboot itself?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why did W10 reboot itself?: Hi, I run a game server on my computer and I was shocked when I got home and saw no running application on my computer, like it had rebooted itself. So I searched on Google to try and find out what caused it to reboot and found this in the event log at precisely 9:00:00 PM,...
  8. Performance Settings reset itself on Reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Performance Settings reset itself on Reboot: what ever changes i do in performance settings (Advance System Settings -> Performance) especially visual settings, the changes not getting saved. Its getting reset to default on system reboot. Help needed. 19948
  9. PC Just rebooting itself

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Just rebooting itself: OK so a few weeks ago my PC screen would go off and the oc would reboot. There is no rhyme or reason to it. I am not watching videos or doing anything that would cause it to crash. I am getting an event error 10016 The application-specific permission settings do not grant...
  10. Need permission to move folder to Trash

in Windows 10 Support
    Need permission to move folder to Trash: I can't move a folder to the Trash because it says I need permission but under Properties there are three owners (System, myself and my email account [the last one is listed as owner] and each has full access afaik, how can I proceed? P.S. It is a private computer. 95743