Windows 10: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions while opening drives

Discus and support This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions while opening drives in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you see This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on […] This article This operation has been cancelled due to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 27, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions while opening drives

WinClub, Oct 27, 2020
  2. chermesh Win User

This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions

I've updated my win10 to the anniversary update and faced a problem, when I hit a link in MS Outlook 2010, the following message appears:

This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions

I run a search on the net, set my browser, firefox ver. 50.0.3 64 bit as default browser, MS Outlook 2010 as my default mail program, but nothing changed.
    I tried registry corrections suggested in https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/310049/hyperlinks-are-not-working-in-outlook

but the problem stayed.

What else can I do?

chermesh, Oct 27, 2020
  3. NMI
    NMI Win User
  4. This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions while opening drives

Operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect

Hi All

I logged on as Administrator on a PC and did a change in group policy to allow certain programs to run for users.

My thinking was that this will not affect the Administrator Account.

Now I want to go back to group policy but then I get the message Operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect.

In fact the message appears for all applications that I did not include in the list.

Help needed in getting to undo this setting.

Thanks

Martyn

MartynCoomber, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions while opening drives

1. This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions while opening drives - Similar Threads - operation has been

2. "Restrictions: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Restrictions: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this...: I am the admin. Haven't made any group policy changes since install of the OS a month ago because another update corrupted the OS completely for the 3rd time in a few years and verified it wasn't my AV software. No new installations on my part, just Windows updates. I will...
  3. "Restrictions: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Restrictions: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this...: I am the admin. Haven't made any group policy changes since install of the OS a month ago because another update corrupted the OS completely for the 3rd time in a few years and verified it wasn't my AV software. No new installations on my part, just Windows updates. I will...
  4. "Restrictions: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. operation has been cancelled due to restrictions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    operation has been cancelled due to restrictions: I was trying to see my devices in my computer, opening the device manager, and appeared this weird error, so I tried looking in the Internet and tried to solve it, but I can't open gpedit and some other programs. I have other user which isn't an administrator, and I was able...
  6. operation has been cancelled due to restrictions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    operation has been cancelled due to restrictions: I was trying to see my devices in my computer, opening the device manager, and appeared this weird error, so I tried looking in the Internet and tried to solve it, but I can't open gpedit and some other programs. I have other user which isn't an administrator, and I was able...
  7. operation has been cancelled due to restrictions

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Issue "Restrictions: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on...

Issue "Restrictions: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on...: I have some issues with my windows. One of them is this restrictions. When i open "Power Shell", "Change folder and search option", and some program, there will notice "Restrictions: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please...
  9. Operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect

Operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect: Hi All I logged on as Administrator on a PC and did a change in group policy to allow certain programs to run for users. My thinking was that this will not affect the Administrator Account. Now I want to go back to group policy but then I get the message Operation has...
  10. This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions

in Browsers and Email
    This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions: I've updated my win10 to the anniversary update and faced a problem, when I hit a link in MS Outlook 2010, the following message appears: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions I run a search on the net, set my browser, firefox ver. 50.0.3 64 bit as...