Windows 10: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions

Discus and support This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've updated my win10 to the anniversary update and faced a problem, when I hit a link in MS Outlook 2010, the following message appears: This... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by chermesh, Sep 6, 2017.

1. chermesh Win User

This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions

I've updated my win10 to the anniversary update and faced a problem, when I hit a link in MS Outlook 2010, the following message appears:

I run a search on the net, set my browser, firefox ver. 50.0.3 64 bit as default browser, MS Outlook 2010 as my default mail program, but nothing changed.
    I tried registry corrections suggested in https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/310049/hyperlinks-are-not-working-in-outlook

but the problem stayed.

What else can I do?

:)

chermesh, Sep 6, 2017

2. "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." when opening certain drives' labels.

Hi David,

For better assistance, we'd like to get the following information:

• Which version & build of Windows are you running?
    To find out what version of Windows you are running:

• Press the WindowsKey + R.
    • A box will pop up in the bottom left side of the screen. Type winver
      and then press Enter.
    • Another box will open that will tell you what version of Windows you're running and what the build is. Please post both the version number and the build number.
    • Did you make any changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?

Meanwhile, you can run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to
    repair missing or corrupted system files, then let us know the result.

We look forward to your response.

Kerwin Lee, Sep 6, 2017
  3. Davide3i Win User
    "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." when opening certain drives' labels.

Hi to everybody.

Since a few months I'm having an annoying problem with my Windows 10 installation.

I can't simply open drives (either HDD or USB ones) labelled with the letters J:\ and K:\ from the File Explorer.

When I try to do that, the infamous "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." message is appearing.

However I'm the system administrator and, moreover, I can access drives characterized by those labels simply using the Command Prompt.

This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions [​IMG]

So, when I use a USB drive, first of all I need to change its label to just another one and then I'm able to use it.

Any hints about how to solve this issue?

Thank you.

Davide3i, Sep 6, 2017
Thema:

1. This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions - Similar Threads - operation has been

2. Error Outlook 2010 This operation has been cancelled due to restrictio

in Browsers and Email
    Error Outlook 2010 This operation has been cancelled due to restrictio: In Outlook 2010 I click on a link from an email and I get the message This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. I tried changing to Chrome as default from Edge, but no solution. This problem only happened after I updated to 1809. I...
  3. Error Outlook 2010 This operation has been cancelled due to restrictio

in Windows 10 Support
    Error Outlook 2010 This operation has been cancelled due to restrictio: In Outlook 2010 I click on a link from an email and I get the message This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. I tried changing to Chrome as default from Edge, but no solution. This problem only happened after I updated to 1809. I...
  4. This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please...: I have been checking for a fix on this for a couple of months now. (I am getting this error when attempting to open a hyperlink in Excel/Word). I have seen no solutions that work for me. I have been through the routines and all the registry keys that have been suggested....
  5. Fix DRIVER UNLOADED WITHOUT CANCELLING PENDING OPERATION Error

in Windows 10 News
    Fix DRIVER UNLOADED WITHOUT CANCELLING PENDING OPERATION Error: [ATTACH] The DRIVER UNLOADED WITHOUT CANCELLING PENDING OPERATION bug check error has an error value of 0x000000CE. This means that a driver failed to cancel pending operations before unloading. Some of the driver files that may be giving rise to this error [...] This post...
  6. operation cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. contact your system...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    operation cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. contact your system...: This is what I get when I try and access a link within an email or invite including work invites to join webinars. This has only started last few days....
  7. account has been disabled

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    account has been disabled: hi, just bought a new dell with windows 10. During the point when you enter your new password and have to reenter the password the screen went haywire with flashing colours, it would not stop, so i turned the computer off. So i never got to set a password. So now when i...
  8. Calendar has been corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar has been corrupted: Following the November update (not necessarily caused by it) my Desktop calendar has become drastically corrupted. Among the symptoms are: it closes frequently, it will not let me edit or delete entries, it has replicated past entries in large numbers which I am not able to...
  9. Cannot remove dead devices: "Operation Cancelled due to ...."

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot remove dead devices: "Operation Cancelled due to ....": have a new install desktop Windows 10 Pro. Sharing printers around the LAN. There are two devices that it picked up on the net that are phantoms: the printers no longer exist, were attached to another windows machine that no longer lives. When I try to 'remove device" I get...
  10. Can't Access 'Change Folder and Search Option' Operation Restricted

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Access 'Change Folder and Search Option' Operation Restricted: Hi, I can't access to Change folder option in Windows 10 File Explorer. Gives Error : “This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.” [img] 91408