Windows 10: This PC boots up on the wrong account

Discus and support This PC boots up on the wrong account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; This PC was set up new with an MS account. In time I turned to a local account. Now I'm back to an MS account. At logon, there are 3 accounts showing... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by jackdashack, Jun 25, 2021.

1. This PC boots up on the wrong account

This PC was set up new with an MS account. In time I turned to a local account. Now I'm back to an MS account. At logon, there are 3 accounts showing in the bottom left. My name with my profile photo, Administrator, and my name slightly different with no profile photo. I suspect that 3rd is the local account I'd created? It's booting up on that local account I suspect, the 3rd mentioned and says the password is wrong. I have set the setting that says no one needs to use a password. But, still, it's the wrong account booting up and the password is wrong. Can I delete accounts? Maybe that 3rd on

:)

jackdashack, Jun 25, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 25, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 25, 2021
  4. This PC boots up on the wrong account

Wrong account linked to computer

Hello,

Thank you for your reply,

I would suggest you to enable default administrator account by going into recovery options.

You might have to boot from the installation media and go to command prompt. Follow the instructions on Windows 10 Software Download page to create media:
    Windows 10 herunterladen

After creating the media, boot the computer from the medium and then try the following steps to go into command prompt in Windows 10.

• Contact the computer manufacturer to know on how to change the boot order of the computer. You will have to change the boot device to CD/DVD drive and then boot from the Windows 10 installation disk.
    • In the “Windows Setup” dialog box that appears, set the Time and currency format, Keyboard or input method and the language to install and then click “Next”.
    • Click on “Repair your computer” from the lower left corner.
    • From the “Choose an option screen”, click on “Troubleshoot”.
    • Click “Advanced Options” in the “Troubleshoot” screen.
    • In the “Advanced Options” screen, click “Command prompt”.
    Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:

net user administrator /active:yes

Once default administrator account is enabled try to create a new user account and check.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type
    net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Please reply us back after performing the steps. We would be happy to assist you further on the issue.

Ashish Sondhi, Jun 25, 2021
Thema:

This PC boots up on the wrong account

1. This PC boots up on the wrong account - Similar Threads - boots wrong account

2. My pc boots up with the wrong ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc boots up with the wrong ssd: I built my pc and installed a 1tb ssd and downloaded windows 11 on the 1tb ssd then I bought a 2tb ssd. When I installed the new 2tb ssd I removed the old 1tb ssd and installed windows on the new 2tb then I plug back the old 1tb ssd. I have both on my pc now. I turn on my pc...
  3. My pc boots up with the wrong ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc boots up with the wrong ssd: I built my pc and installed a 1tb ssd and downloaded windows 11 on the 1tb ssd then I bought a 2tb ssd. When I installed the new 2tb ssd I removed the old 1tb ssd and installed windows on the new 2tb then I plug back the old 1tb ssd. I have both on my pc now. I turn on my pc...
  4. Logging in on the wrong user on boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging in on the wrong user on boot up: I logged in into my microsoft account on my brother's PC, but now whenever he boots up, it automatically logs in on my account and says that it's the pc's administrator, we aren't able to switch accounts and now he's stuck with my microsoft account on the administrator user,...
  5. Logging in on the wrong user on boot up

Logging in on the wrong user on boot up: I logged in into my microsoft account on my brother's PC, but now whenever he boots up, it automatically logs in on my account and says that it's the pc's administrator, we aren't able to switch accounts and now he's stuck with my microsoft account on the administrator user,...
  6. Logging in on the wrong user on boot up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. The wrong account pops up on my screen when i boot up. How to delete the wrong account

The wrong account pops up on my screen when i boot up. How to delete the wrong account: When i boot into windows 10 the wrong account pops up and i have to select my real account. How do i get rid of the wrong account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-wrong-account-pops-up-on-my-screen-when-i-boot/73c3af9e-79b6-4223-b6a0-ee1d980a1ac9
  8. The wrong account pops up on my screen when i boot up. How to delete the wrong account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The wrong account pops up on my screen when i boot up. How to delete the wrong account: When i boot into windows 10 the wrong account pops up and i have to select my real account. How do i get rid of the wrong account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-wrong-account-pops-up-on-my-screen-when-i-boot/73c3af9e-79b6-4223-b6a0-ee1d980a1ac9
  9. The wrong account pops up on my screen when i boot up. How to delete the wrong account

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. PC set up with wrong Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC set up with wrong Microsoft account: Hi, My mum was trying to set up her new computer (Windows 10) and created a Microsoft account (not local). Then she realised that she could not log on to the computer and from what I could gather (I'm helping her remotely as I'm working overseas), I believe that she must...