Windows 10: This pc can't be upgraded to WIN10

Discus and support This pc can't be upgraded to WIN10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Last few days, my pc gets updates prompt, but always freezes and failed to complete the update when I activated the update. So I had to forced restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LEEFH33, Jun 27, 2019.

1. LEEFH33 Win User

This pc can't be upgraded to WIN10

Last few days, my pc gets updates prompt, but always freezes and failed to complete the update when I activated the update. So I had to forced restart it and PC undoing the changes made.

I don't know what is this issue.

This problem now re-appears after more than one year. Updates could not be complete & screen just froze.

I had to do a clean reinstall WIN vis a thumb-drive.

Anyone knows what's going on & give me a hand?

Thank you.

This pc can't be upgraded to WIN10 4b07bfa3-a0bc-4612-991e-0f8a06aad318?upload=true.jpg

This pc can't be upgraded to WIN10 306fdaa2-e05d-44f9-8793-c07e62293e18?upload=true.jpg

This pc can't be upgraded to WIN10 65d34e7c-96b7-49e5-b09c-6cdc665f595f?upload=true.jpg

:)

LEEFH33, Jun 27, 2019
  2. AddRAM Win User

win 10 upgrade asking for product key

Just try it through Windows update, you shouldn`t have any issues.

Excellent question Navy, that`s probabaly why. If not then, as suggested, just use the Media Creation Tool and choose upgrade this PC in Step 3.

Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums

AddRAM, Jun 27, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 27, 2019
  4. dkwong55 Win User

Win7 to Win10 upgrade issue ... 0xC1900101-0x30017 and then 0x40017

hi, Andre,

yes, i think my note did say that i already created the bootable ISO on a DVD and started the Win10 upgrade from there. i already contacted the vendor and he gave me a list of Win10 drivers, suggested the bootable ISO upgrade method but did not recommend
    a new BIOS update.

My PC is a ZOTAC CI320none with an Intel processor running a licensed Win7 Home Premium SP1.

dkwong55, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

1. This pc can't be upgraded to WIN10 - Similar Threads - can't upgraded WIN10

2. Installing upgraded WIn10 on new PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing upgraded WIn10 on new PC?: Im in the process of buying new components to build a new pc, its been at least 10 years since my last rebuild so out of the loop a little but wanted to know the process of installing WIN 10 on the new PC. My old pc had Win7 then the free upgrade came out and im now on...
  3. can't upgrade to 2004 update in my win10 pc

can't upgrade to 2004 update in my win10 pc: hello i bought a new computer of BMAX company who comes with win10 build in. i tried to upgrade to the 2004 update but the tool say "this pc can't be upgraded to windows 10. your pc isn't supported yet on this version of windows 10..." some ideas to solve it?...
  4. Can't upgrade from Win10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't upgrade from Win10 Home to Pro: I have Windows 10 Pro on my HDD. I bought a new SSD today and I install Windows 10. When I logged in with my Microsoft account It says "Windows 10 Home Single Language" under Activation Tab. How can I use my existing Windows 10 Pro key on my New SSD? Have a nice day!...
  5. Upgrading win10

Upgrading win10: Created new install after failure. Everything was fine until the upgrade to 1909. Now on startup, the first start screen shows but the second does not. When I click and get the PIN screen the field is grayed out and will not take the pin....
  6. Win10 Upgrade - PC Start Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 Upgrade - PC Start Issue: Had an automatic Win10 upgrade yesterday. This morning Laptop still worked. Then stopped working and started automatic recover and PC diagnostic. Not able to get it working again. Tried to uninstall Updates without success via Advanced Options. Had a possible same issue...
  7. Can't align icons after upgrade to Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't align icons after upgrade to Win10: Just upgraded from Win8.1. I have a very specific way of aligning my icons (by that I mean everyone says it's very messy but it's perfect for me), and after upgrading I can't align my icons. When I try to move any icon, the whole desktop rearranges, and I can't arrange it my...
  8. Win10 upgrade on old PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 upgrade on old PC: Okay, here's one out of left field for you guys. I have an Intel Pentium 4 Northwood sl6wk (Yes I am aware that Jesus owned a computer running the same) It meets all the Win10 requirements with flying colors though and is a very fast CPU even by today's standards. I...
  9. win10 upgrade

win10 upgrade: Me hi, i would like to upgrade one of our business pc s which run win7 pro to win10 in order to test and verify if some of the 3rd party apps which we use will run properly. we have office including access on the computer. how do i get the win 10 download and how do i get the...
  10. Upgrade WIN10?

Upgrade WIN10?: I have installed Win10. I got Win10Home 32 bit. I'm pretty sure I had 64bit Win8.1 but it's gone now so I can't check. Is it possible to upgrade to Win10 Pro 64bit? John 22961