Windows 10: This PC can’t be upgraded to Windows 10? Here’s the workaround!

Discus and support This PC can’t be upgraded to Windows 10? Here’s the workaround! in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft has changed the way it will install the latest Windows 10 May 2019 Feature Update on Windows 10. Windows 10 Setup will now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 25, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

This PC can’t be upgraded to Windows 10? Here’s the workaround!

WinClub, Apr 25, 2019

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Apr 25, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 25, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

1. This PC can’t be upgraded to Windows 10? Here’s the workaround! - Similar Threads - can’t upgraded Here’s

2. Can’t upgrade windows edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t upgrade windows edition: So I installed windows 8.1 pro on my pc but I can’t activate windows because I don’t have a key for 8.1 pro. I have a key for 8.1 home but when I try to switch the edition I keep getting this error...
  3. +++FAMILY SAFETY DEFINITIVE WORKAROUND+++ PARENTS, CHILDREN, WINDOWS DEVELOPERS, ENTER HERE!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    +++FAMILY SAFETY DEFINITIVE WORKAROUND+++ PARENTS, CHILDREN, WINDOWS DEVELOPERS, ENTER HERE!: Parents, children, Windows developers, I've found the easiest way to bypass Microsoft Family Safety restrictions, both total block app or temporal limits.If a program is listed in Family Safety restrictions and you want to run it, all you have to do is open Task Manager.Once...
  4. I can’t upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can’t upgrade to windows 10: hey right now my windows version is 7 ultimate 64 bit and i wanna upgrade it to windows 10 without deleting my apps or any data. i use my hard drive to boot the windows 10 installation and when i get to the point that asks me upgrade install windows... and custom install...
  5. Windows 10 2004 bugs: Here's Microsoft's workaround for Storage Spaces file corruption

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 2004 bugs: Here's Microsoft's workaround for Storage Spaces file corruption: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dirk414 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hklgpb/windows_10_2004_bugs_heres_microsofts_workaround/
  6. Apps Unexpectedly Blurry? Here's a Workaround

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps Unexpectedly Blurry? Here's a Workaround: There is an apparent bug in recent versions of Windows that causes some desktop apps to appear blurry when they should not be. This issue is visible when your desktop scaling is set to something other than 100% or 200%. What seems to be happening is that Windows is applying...
  7. Error: This PC can’t be upgraded to Windows 10 while doing in-place upgrade

Error: This PC can’t be upgraded to Windows 10 while doing in-place upgrade: Hello All, Im in the process of updating our win 7 machines to Win 10 using the media creation tool. For the most part im being successful. However, every now and then Im getting an error saying "This PC cant be upgraded to Windows 10". [ATTACH] Now I've had this on a...
  8. Windows 10 activation workaround?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation workaround?: Hi, had previously free upgraded win7 to 10....I then cloned that drive to a larger drive....my motherboard recently fried so upgraded that, now my windows 10 is not activated my question is, if I were to reinstall 7 on the original smaller drive then upgrade again to 10...
  9. Found a workaround to the painfully slow upgrade to 10049.

Found a workaround to the painfully slow upgrade to 10049.: Many people, including myself, have been facing a problem when upgrading to the latest Windows 10 build, 10049. There is a bug in which the install program downloads all available language packs when it is running. Upon reboot, on the "circle with percentage" screen,...
  10. Upgrading to Windows 10? Here are the supported paths

in Windows 10 News
    Upgrading to Windows 10? Here are the supported paths: At the WinHEC conference in China, Microsoft has announced several new details about the release of Windows 10, including that all pirated copies of Windows can be upgraded for free. If you are wanting to upgrade to Windows 10, take a look at the matrix below, as it outlines...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. this pc cant be upgraded to windows 10

2. this pc cant be upgraded to windows 10 bypass

3. this pc cant be pgraded to windows 10

4. this pc cant be upgraded to windows10