Windows 10: This PC can't run Windows 10

Discus and support This PC can't run Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am having a problem trying to upgrade to Windows 10. I got a message that came back saying the hard disk controller isn't supported. I'm not sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gudzilla, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Gudzilla Win User

This PC can't run Windows 10

I am having a problem trying to upgrade to Windows 10. I got a message that came back saying the hard disk controller isn't supported.
    I'm not sure if this will be a permanent situation or if I can change something to enable the upgrade. I'm not really sure where the controller is located. On the HDD itself or in the PC. I am using a laptop that originally came with Vista. The machine had two hard disk drives built in. After eventually upgrading to Windows 7, I replaced one of the original drives, and replaced it with a SSD. It improved the speed and performance greatly. If the upgrade problem is with the SSD I would think it compatible. The SSD is a fairly recent model: SanDisk SDSSDP064G ATA
    I would appreciate any help I could get.

:)

Gudzilla, Aug 8, 2015

2. this app can't run on this pc windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to run application due to compatibility issue. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As a basic troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run the program in compatibility mode and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

Please follow the below steps:

1) Right click on the Program.

2) Click on Properties.

3) Click on Compatibility tab.

4) Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to contact the developer for further assistance on compatibility issue.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to

help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 8, 2015
  3. This app can't run on this pc ( Windows 10 )

Same issue here, can't uninstall it, I'm trying with Revo but I'm afraid it destroy my PC

Lot of DT stuff on Registry, I don't know if deleting them will make my system work again, because I have 2 virtual drives created with DT Pro...so...

I don't know what to do!

Veronica_Gorosito, Aug 8, 2015
  4. rive0108 Win User

HDD's today have the controller built into them. Upgrade your Hard Drive

rive0108, Aug 8, 2015
  5. I wouldn't rush to upgrade your hard drive. It could be related to the SATA controller on the motherboard. Might be as simple as enabling AHCI if it isn't already. Or that it just isn't supported, SATA 1 or something? Too bad it doesn't give a little more info?

alphanumeric, Aug 8, 2015
  6. bobkn Win User
    I presume it's the laptop's SATA controller.

If you have posted your system specs, I can't see them in Chrome for Android. (I'm away from my desktops at the moment.)

bobkn, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. This PC can't run Windows 10 - Similar Threads - can't run

2. I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...: I'm trying to do this because my settings app continuously crash when I try to open it, and opening it through the search bar don't work neither, I was told to try the DSIM cleaning method, but I need admin/elevated commands to do so, which again I can't get it without the...
  3. I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...: I'm trying to do this because my settings app continuously crash when I try to open it, and opening it through the search bar don't work neither, I was told to try the DSIM cleaning method, but I need admin/elevated commands to do so, which again I can't get it without the...
  4. I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...: the problem is the 50 million years to ge to the enter password pagethen the 50 million years to open the **** picutre to get the **** bar you the password inthen the **** 50 milllion years to "load in"then **** milllion years for the all the icons and tool bar to show...
  6. update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...

update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...: the problem is the 50 million years to ge to the enter password pagethen the 50 million years to open the **** picutre to get the **** bar you the password inthen the **** 50 milllion years to "load in"then **** milllion years for the all the icons and tool bar to show...
  7. update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Microsoft Store can't running

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store can't running: My PC is Windows 10, but every time i run Microsoft Store, it couldn't run properly. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-cant-running/3c506c41-017a-41a4-8762-bb230e91628f
  9. Microsoft Store can't running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store can't running: My PC is Windows 10, but every time i run Microsoft Store, it couldn't run properly. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-cant-running/3c506c41-017a-41a4-8762-bb230e91628f
  10. Microsoft Store can't running