Windows 10: This PC > Documents Leads to OneDrive folder

Discus and support This PC > Documents Leads to OneDrive folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My main documents folder is routing me to the OneDrive folder even after unlinking OneDrive from my computer completely. I tried going through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CAEtter, Aug 4, 2021.

1. CAEtter Win User

This PC > Documents Leads to OneDrive folder

My main documents folder is routing me to the OneDrive folder even after unlinking OneDrive from my computer completely. I tried going through Properties and Location to restore the default location of this folder, to no avail. Instead I'm getting an error that says, "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access is denied." There is nothing in either folder at the moment the one at C:\Users\myname\Documents or at C:\Users\myname\OneDrive. What am I doing wrong here? I just want to be able to store my items on my HD rather than my OneDr

:)

CAEtter, Aug 4, 2021

2. This PC leads to the OneDrive folder.

Hi Lance,

There are different factors as to why the default location of the documents and pictures folder on your computer is defaulting to OneDrive. One possible reason is that you setup OneDrive as the default save location of your files. For us to resolve your
    concern, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer and from the left-hand panel select the
      Documents
      folder from the list.
    • After selecting the Documents folder, right click on it and select
      properties from the list.
    • Select the Location tab, and click on the Restore Default button. (see screenshot below)

This PC > Documents Leads to OneDrive folder 13fa8ffd-5e67-4c83-ace3-0aec740681c2.png
    • Select OK and if prompted to create a folder at the default location, click on
      Yes.
    • If you get a prompt to move all files from the old location to the new default location, click on
      Yes.

Once complete the folder properties windows will close by itself and folder should not be using the default location. Take note that these steps apply to the different folder in your computer.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Aug 4, 2021
  3. Micah Bat Win User
    Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Since the only folder that has incorrect file path is the Documents folder under This PC, we would suggest you do the same steps provided above. However, do it in your Documents folder under This PC. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click This PC
    • Right-click on Documents
    • Click Properties
    • Click Location
    • Click Restore Default
    • Click Apply
    • Click OK
    Also, we would like to inform you that "winhelponline.com" is not associated with Microsoft.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Aug 4, 2021
  4. This PC > Documents Leads to OneDrive folder

This PC leads to the OneDrive folder.

The folders the you see on This PC are linked to your
    OneDrive
    account, therefore when you open the folder or file, the path automatically routes to OneDrive. To prevent this from happening, we suggest that you unlink your
    OneDrive account by following the steps provided in the previous post. Once you're done, you can then sign back in and change the path of your
    OneDrive folder.

NOTE: OneDrive can sync only with folders on a drive formatted with the NTFS file system, which is most commonly a hard disk drive on your computer, or an external hard disk drive. Portable storage, such as USB flash drives
    or solid state memory drives, use a different file system and won't sync with OneDrive.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Aug 4, 2021
Thema:

This PC > Documents Leads to OneDrive folder

1. This PC > Documents Leads to OneDrive folder - Similar Threads - Documents Leads OneDrive

2. Documents folder turned into OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder turned into OneDrive: I used to have a yellow manila folder under the blue cloud in File Explorer that was called Documents and was part of my OneDrive, and a text file symbol folder under the My PC in File Explorer that was called Documents and saved to my hard drive. I switched to a new...
  3. Documents folder turned into OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents folder turned into OneDrive: I used to have a yellow manila folder under the blue cloud in File Explorer that was called Documents and was part of my OneDrive, and a text file symbol folder under the My PC in File Explorer that was called Documents and saved to my hard drive. I switched to a new...
  4. Onedrive Documents folder moved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive Documents folder moved: Good afternoonHaving purchased a laptop in addition to my desktop setup, I have set it up with access to my onedrive files. During the process the 'Documents' folder moved to become a subfolder of e-mail attachments. Step 1 - panic everything is gone. Step 2 - oh it's still...
  5. Onedrive Documents folder moved

Onedrive Documents folder moved: Good afternoonHaving purchased a laptop in addition to my desktop setup, I have set it up with access to my onedrive files. During the process the 'Documents' folder moved to become a subfolder of e-mail attachments. Step 1 - panic everything is gone. Step 2 - oh it's still...
  6. Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive

Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive: I activated OneDrive to add my university's OneDrive folder to File Explorer. In doing so, my primary user folders Documents, Pictures, Music, Videos, etc. were moved there as well. In attempting to reverse this all returned excluding the Documents folder, persisting in its...
  7. Documents folder replaced by OneDrive documents in This PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents folder replaced by OneDrive documents in This PC: I am setting up a new installation of Windows 10 Pro v.1809. When I opened Windows Explorer, under This PC, the usual Documents folder has been replaced by OneDrive Documents. I have not done anything to cause this - it was somehow a result of the installation. Below is...
  8. Documents and Pictures on This PC are showing the OneDrive folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents and Pictures on This PC are showing the OneDrive folders: Hello. I am new to the forums and I just bought a brand new Lenovo G51 laptop less than a week ago. It is a nice computer and the only problem I have with it is that when I signed in to OneDrive it shows under "This PC" the Documents, Pictures folders from OneDrive instead of...
  9. OneDrive documents folder and the real documents folder.

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive documents folder and the real documents folder.: I didn't find an answer to this exact question. Windows 10 Home 1511 x64 clean install. In the left pane of File Explorer there is a Documents folder which points to my OneDrive folder and contains almost nothing (just a few folders that programs created). Under my username...
  10. Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive: Hi everybody, Hopefully someone can help with this annoying issue. At some point shortly after installation I changed the Location of my Documents folder, so it may reside within the OneDrive user folder. Shortly thereafter I released this was not what I wanted, given...