Windows 10: This PC Drive space image

Discus and support This PC Drive space image in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all windows 10 no longer shows a visual representation of drive space in this pc anyone know how to get this back! I really liked being able to open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by joerolando2701, Sep 21, 2015.

1. This PC Drive space image

Hi all windows 10 no longer shows a visual representation of drive space in this pc anyone know how to get this back! I really liked being able to open my computer and just see my drive space by the icon.

:)

joerolando2701, Sep 21, 2015

2. Capacity of external system image hard drive

If you use the Create a System Image tool in Control Panel/System and Security/Backup and Restore (Windows 7) then you need storage space equal to the size of the data on the drive. If you look at the
    This PC screen, right click on the source drive's blue bar and choose properties. The space used is the number you need on the target drive.

This PC Drive space image [​IMG]

Only one image made with the Create a System Image tool can be saved on a target drive (the image uses the name of the computer as seen in the System page). To save more than one requires a different target drive or changing the computer's name.

Cbarnhorst, Sep 21, 2015
  3. How to move pagefile to another disk? (Windows keeps using C: disk instead of another)

If your hard drive is so short of space, moving the page file isn't the solution, quite frankly. Time for a bigger hard drive.

That is true

he can create a system image of OS, and restore image to another larger drive with that image.

I will also agree that 1GB to 2GB transferred to another drive to save space is really nonsense. If you are so low of space, yes use a bigger drive for OS.

This seems like Deja Vu on another similar post couple weeks ago.

The truth is that if you have a newer PC with 12GB RAM or more installed, you do not even need a pagefile. I would always have one by choice at 64MB min and 2000MB max but this was created many moons ago because PC's did not have enough to run anything really
    with installed RAM.

seahawks65, Sep 21, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

This PC Drive space image

Hello Joe, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Double check your view settings for This PC to make sure they are set to this below to see if that helps.

View -> Tiles

Sort by -> Name (Ascending)

Group by -> Type (Ascending)

If that doesn't help, then resetting all folder views back to default using the tutorial below should.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Sep 21, 2015
  5. perfect worked great still trying to figure it all out thanks.

joerolando2701, Sep 22, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

This PC Drive space image

1. This PC Drive space image - Similar Threads - Drive space image

2. Hard Drive space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive space: I have a 128GB SSD Windows 10 home version 22H2 Build 19045.4291 and my programs are installed on.However I am losing fee space on a daily bases, current only 7..0 GB free.Checked Windows folder and have 2 folders SoftwareDistribution 945mb and another...
  3. Should Create a Disk Image save free space on a drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should Create a Disk Image save free space on a drive?: Why is it that when I create a disk image of ssd C drive in Windows 7 the size is close to the whole disk 110 GB rather than just the used part which is 80 GB?This is even when the process says "The backup could take up to 80 GB of disk space".Thanks for any advice....
  4. Should Create a Disk Image save free space on a drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should Create a Disk Image save free space on a drive?: Why is it that when I create a disk image of ssd C drive in Windows 7 the size is close to the whole disk 110 GB rather than just the used part which is 80 GB?This is even when the process says "The backup could take up to 80 GB of disk space".Thanks for any advice....
  5. C drive space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive space: Hello .My C drive is an ssd 476 GB.At Monday the capacity was 290 GB.I deleted the latest restore points and the capacity went up to 300GB.Also i activated the weekly scheduled optimization for C drivebut i am thinking wasn't necessary and for my second internal hddmainly for...
  6. Hard drive space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive space: My C: Drive is Highlighted,+but full,and i cannot add anything to it.... I have an E: Drive that shows over 931 GB of space,but it is Grey-Not highlighted...seems to be dormant....How do i activate it/add to it ? Thanks John R....
  7. space on PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    space on PC: Hi there my space on my PC is nearly full and I am trying to see where I can delete stuff to make space - last time someone went through for me and they found somewhere that was quite hidden which housed some downloads I had from Netflix. I suspect the same problem may be...
  8. drive space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    drive space: I tried doing a factory reset on my HP Stream laptop but I got a screen that said I needed to free up space. I am not tech savvy so I have no idea how to do this or what it is I need to delete. Please help....
  9. Can't uncompress an image, not enough space?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't uncompress an image, not enough space?: I've downloaded a 128GB image that I plan to put on an SD card. It is compressed using rar. I'm attempting to move the file from the rar one of my spare drives but it won't decompress properly. I keep getting an error stating there is not enough space on the drive. Again, the...
  10. W10: Cannot create system image and save it to storage spaces drive?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    W10: Cannot create system image and save it to storage spaces drive?: Hello. I'm trying to create a system image (Control Panel\System and Security\Backup and Restore (Windows 7) -> Create a system image), however my storage spaces drive is not listed in the available selection to save the image to. Why is that and what can do about that?...