Windows 10: This PC File under Desktop

Discus and support This PC File under Desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This PC File holds many downloaded files which I already saved. Should be clearly out and deleting periodically all the files in This PC File?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WBOR49, Dec 19, 2020.

1. WBOR49 Win User

This PC File under Desktop

This PC File holds many downloaded files which I already saved. Should be clearly out and deleting periodically all the files in This PC File?

:)

WBOR49, Dec 19, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Dec 19, 2020
  3. Windows 10 missing desktop files

Hi Adriane,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

• Did you do a clean installation of Windows or upgrade to Windows 10?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you can find your desktop files.

• Open This PC.
    • Double click on C: drive.
    • Open Users > double click on your user name.
    • Open Desktop and check if you can find missing files.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 19, 2020
  4. This PC File under Desktop

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

This PC File under Desktop

1. This PC File under Desktop - Similar Threads - File under Desktop

2. How come desktop is under desktop???

in Windows 10 Customization
    How come desktop is under desktop???: How come desktop is under desktop??? why???? two desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-come-desktop-is-under-desktop/7b3d7b9e-21f1-435e-b101-8ef49dea88c1
  3. How can I link Desktop under OneDrive and Desktop under This PC of Windows10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I link Desktop under OneDrive and Desktop under This PC of Windows10?: I am using Windows 10. Now the contests in OneDrive > Desktop and the contents of This PC > Desktop are different.I want to share the contensts of these folders. The contents of these folders are identical on other computers. I started to do as follows:Right- Click on Desktop...
  4. How can I link Desktop under OneDrive and Desktop under This PC of Windows10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I link Desktop under OneDrive and Desktop under This PC of Windows10?: I am using Windows 10. Now the contests in OneDrive > Desktop and the contents of This PC > Desktop are different.I want to share the contensts of these folders. The contents of these folders are identical on other computers. I started to do as follows:Right- Click on Desktop...
  5. How can I link Desktop under OneDrive and Desktop under This PC of Windows10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. This PC is under DESKTOP in My Files tree view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This PC is under DESKTOP in My Files tree view: Hi, can someone help me fix this, please? It's pretty bugging me a lot. Why is this so? I know 100% this is NOT part of an update or something, and it isn't enjoyable. It's been like that since day one. I've been using this PC. I saw a similar thread made years ago, but now...
  7. This PC is under DESKTOP in My Files tree view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This PC is under DESKTOP in My Files tree view: Hi, can someone help me fix this, please? It's pretty bugging me a lot. Why is this so? I know 100% this is NOT part of an update or something, and it isn't enjoyable. It's been like that since day one. I've been using this PC. I saw a similar thread made years ago, but now...
  8. Dead Links Under Desktop in File Explorer but not on Desktop

Dead Links Under Desktop in File Explorer but not on Desktop: Windows 10.0.19041 Build 19041I have a bunch of dead links on File Explorer. These links don't show up on the desktop, and also don't show up in "C:\Users\<user>\Desktop"How do I remove them? Nothing in the context/right-click menu appears to help. I added these links a long...
  9. No Desktop under This PC in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Desktop under This PC in File Explorer: Greetings. So, I have no desktop under This PC when I go into File Explorer. Where did this go? Wouldnt it normally be there?? My shortcuts are syncing with Google Drive too. Please advise....
  10. Duplicate Files under This PC

Duplicate Files under This PC: Hello I accidentally set my downloads folder to be a duplicate of My Documents. Does anybody know a way to fix it so that it targets my downloads folder. Without both of the shortcuts being altered as when i edit it i also changes the folder for documents. Here are so images...