Windows 10: This Pc folder same name and everything

Discus and support This Pc folder same name and everything in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [IMG]i need help they are all the same folder to the same destination and it won't change I need help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BlayneAbts, Aug 13, 2019.

1. This Pc folder same name and everything

This Pc folder same name and everything [​IMG]i need help they are all the same folder to the same destination and it won't change I need help

:)

BlayneAbts, Aug 13, 2019

2. Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Aug 13, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Aug 13, 2019
  4. This Pc folder same name and everything

change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

This Pc folder same name and everything

1. This Pc folder same name and everything - Similar Threads - folder same name

2. Two folders with exactly the same name, location but different contents and subfolders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two folders with exactly the same name, location but different contents and subfolders: Hi, I don't know how this happened, but somehow I have two folders with the same name, same address/location but entirely different contents. [ATTACH] Because of this Windows completely bugs out when you try to move either of these folders. I can change the contents...
  3. User name under C is not the same as the Account name

User name under C is not the same as the Account name: We recently bought my husband a new computer. We put in his name, which is Collins as the account name. However, when I go to the C drive his user name shows up as Colli. Is there a way to Change that....
  4. Multiple folders of same name and same files inside in my d: and can not delete

Multiple folders of same name and same files inside in my d: and can not delete: Hi, I just bought Microsoft Surface pro 6 and wanted to do some partition. I was changing location of a few files and at the end of it, I see there are 4 music folders created in my d: and I can not delete, rename and combine them in one. I am not a very technical person. I...
  5. How to merge several same name files on PC

in Windows 10 Support
    How to merge several same name files on PC: I am not sure how it came about, but I have two desk top icons and other files. when clicked on, each icon shows a file with different contents. Is there a way to merge the files without losing some of the contents. [img] 132500
  6. All files changed to same name

All files changed to same name: This refers to the following link, which has been locked for comment: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-files/file-names-changed-in-1-folder-to-the-same-name/edc4bc91-3283-4921-89ac-3c98a2a13f96 The person who replied is wrong to an extent. If...
  7. User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders"

in Windows 10 Customization
    User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders": I have a problem with my User Folder. Actually the User Folder name is fine, but when you add the Folder on the desktop (with the option on Personalize + Themes) it changed it's name to "Folders" I've tried creating new users, but every new user I create, no matter how...
  8. Change folder name in This PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change folder name in This PC: Hi, I just upgrade windows 10 from windows 7 and I'm customizing some default folder to match my settings in my windows 7. I got a little problem and it's really annoying me. Here is the screenshot of my This PC [img] as you can see, I change the windows default...
  9. Multiple files with same name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple files with same name: Here's one that is a total mystery to me: The last couple of days I have been working on a file made with MS Word. It was a letter that I have been working of for a couple of days. I edited and changed the file several times and put it in two different folders. I wasn't sure...
  10. EVERYTHING is bugged ... Same for you ?

in Windows 10 Support
    EVERYTHING is bugged ... Same for you ?: Does anybody else feel like EVERYTHING is bugged in the new 10074 build ? I mean, starting from the StartMenu, going to the Settings Application, Opening up software, closing software, restarting your PC, logging in to your PC, Windows Explorer, installing software. Am I...