Windows 10: This PC folders have merged and cant change it back.

Discus and support This PC folders have merged and cant change it back. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just finished installing my SSD and moving things around. When i tried to make my This pc files folder location my Hardrive instead of my SSD they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Asian_Boi10, Oct 23, 2020.

1. This PC folders have merged and cant change it back.

I just finished installing my SSD and moving things around. When i tried to make my This pc files folder location my Hardrive instead of my SSD they all merged (is what i think happened) and they were all names videos then photos and now downloads has been renamed to 3D objects and i cant change it back. Any help is appreciated and any questions regarding more info on whats happening would be great.

submitted by /u/Asian_Boi10
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Asian_Boi10, Oct 23, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Add or Remove Folders from This PC in Windows 10  

Without changing the owner and permissions of the keys in steps 1 and 2, the .reg files will not be able to fully merge, and those keys will not be changed. Those keys are responsible for the folders showing in the navigation pane if you open the folder pinned to Quick access or Start list.

Brink, Oct 23, 2020
  3. Jason Win User
    WIndows 10, copy/merge folder dialog option backwards?

Steps to Reproduce

• Set Windows Explorer Options to "Hide folder merge conflicts" unchecked
    • Create a folder called folderA
    • Create a folder called folderB
    • Copy folderA to folderB
    • Move folderA to folderB

Actual

• Nothing happens

Now try this:

• Set Windows Explorer Options to "Hide folder merge conflicts" checked
    • Create a folder called folderA
    • Create a folder called folderB
    • Copy folderA to folderB
    • Move folderA to folderB

Actual

• The merge dialog appears

QUESTIONS:

• Shouldn't setting "Hide folder merge conflicts" to be unchecked mean that the dialog should appear, rather than the opposite?
    • If there is a merge conflict, is is normal for it to fail silently?

Jason, Oct 23, 2020
  4. mrgeek Win User

This PC folders have merged and cant change it back.

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

This PC folders have merged and cant change it back.

1. This PC folders have merged and cant change it back. - Similar Threads - folders merged cant

2. This PC photos merged with Documents folder and cant seperate nor change back to normal,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This PC photos merged with Documents folder and cant seperate nor change back to normal,...: I was trying to move documents and photos source onto my hard drive instead of taking up space on my SSD. However, they somehow combined and I have tried changing the location, however, once I change one, the other immediately switches to the same place. I can't change it...
  3. This PC photos merged with Documents folder and cant seperate nor change back to normal,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This PC photos merged with Documents folder and cant seperate nor change back to normal,...: I was trying to move documents and photos source onto my hard drive instead of taking up space on my SSD. However, they somehow combined and I have tried changing the location, however, once I change one, the other immediately switches to the same place. I can't change it...
  4. Cant merge partitions on win11

Cant merge partitions on win11: I dual boot my win11 with kali linux, but then i run out of space on linux partition and i do not find any use of kali so i just format the kali partition and i want to merge it back to the C: partition but i cant.Can somebody help? I try everything, in MiniTool Partition...
  5. Cant change back to default theme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change back to default theme: I am on a business computer and systems administrator has blocked changing themes. I picked a high contrast color and personalized it to make it better. After i realized the high contrast wouldnt be good for duties of the job, I wasn't able to change it back to the "none"...
  6. Cant change back to default theme

Cant change back to default theme: I am on a business computer and systems administrator has blocked changing themes. I picked a high contrast color and personalized it to make it better. After i realized the high contrast wouldnt be good for duties of the job, I wasn't able to change it back to the "none"...
  7. Merge Document Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Merge Document Folders: Runing Win 10 1909 I have the normal Documents folder in Local Disc C:\users/owner/documents. I also have created a Documents folder in another drive E. I want to move the content on E to the other Documents folder. What is the correct procedure so I don't lost any links to...
  8. My user folder(s) have merged with the "User" folder???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My user folder(s) have merged with the "User" folder???: I just got a 2TB HDD to go along side my 500GB SSD, started moving folders like "Documents" and "Pictures" over to the HDD, but realized that it was merging the folders I was moving with the folders I was moving them into. Then i successfully moved "Videos" back to my SSD but...
  9. Merging folders and files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Merging folders and files: I have recently installed windows 10. I have 3 hard drives and move and update many files and folders between the drives. Windows 10 wont let me do this. What am I doing wrong ?...
  10. Merging files and folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Merging files and folders: I thought I might number my steps to make it less confusing, I hope so anyway. I'd started using OneDrive to store folders until I ran out of space. Then I started using Google Drive, so I moved my files over until I saw that DropBox was promoting a lot of space for free....