Windows 10: 'This PC' folders point to onedrive

Discus and support 'This PC' folders point to onedrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have just upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 on a new PC. I did not understand the Onedrive facility, but now see it is of limited use as my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BillMcDougall1, Feb 19, 2020.

1. 'This PC' folders point to onedrive

Hello,

I have just upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 on a new PC.

I did not understand the Onedrive facility, but now see it is of limited use as my internet is very slow indeed and u[ploading takes forever = my internet gets killed. I have now switched it off.

However, it was somehow switched on when I set up the machine and the folders in 'This PC' point to Onedrive , not my local PC. Clearly this is not useful.

I have tried to change the location, on the Documents folder for example, but a dialogue comes up preventing this.

How to I get out of this muddle? Help!

Thanks,

Bill

:)

BillMcDougall1, Feb 19, 2020
  2. John Vil Win User

OneDrive Issues- This PC Documents disappeared but still remains on OneDrive

Hi,

If your files are still showing in OneDrive, you may still get them back in the This PC folder by configuring the settings of OneDrive. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click on the OneDrive (blue/whitecloud) icon located in your taskbar.
    • Click Settings.
    • On the Account tab, select Choose folders.
    • At this point, you will have the option to choose which file you would like to sync and appear in the This PC folder. Select which files you want and click
      OK.

Let us know the results.

John Vil, Feb 19, 2020
  3. This PC leads to the OneDrive folder.

Hi Lance,

There are different factors as to why the default location of the documents and pictures folder on your computer is defaulting to OneDrive. One possible reason is that you setup OneDrive as the default save location of your files. For us to resolve your
    concern, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer and from the left-hand panel select the
      Documents
      folder from the list.
    • After selecting the Documents folder, right click on it and select
      properties from the list.
    • Select the Location tab, and click on the Restore Default button. (see screenshot below)

'This PC' folders point to onedrive 13fa8ffd-5e67-4c83-ace3-0aec740681c2.png
    • Select OK and if prompted to create a folder at the default location, click on
      Yes.
    • If you get a prompt to move all files from the old location to the new default location, click on
      Yes.

Once complete the folder properties windows will close by itself and folder should not be using the default location. Take note that these steps apply to the different folder in your computer.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Feb 19, 2020
  4. 'This PC' folders point to onedrive

Really weird situation with my OneDrive Folder on PC.

I recently moved my OneDrive folder from my User folder to my D: drive. I went through the unlink process then signed in again. The location shown was in my User folder. I specified my D drive as the new location and syncing completed with no problems. My OneDrive folder pointed to my D drive.

Now the weird situation. On my Quick Access menu in file manager I have my User Folder pinned to it. In the list of folders I have a OneDrive folder. This points to my OneDrive folder on my D Drive. However, if I display my User folder any other way and with any other File Manager type program my OneDrive folder does not show up. Even booting into Linux can't find it. It is only via Quick Access do I see the OneDrive folder in my User folder.

It's almost as if the 'weird' folder is some sort of Junction Point, Symlink, etc. but all my utilities that display this sort of info does not list it as any sort of link. Where the heck is this folder coming from? It certainly isn't a real folder so I suspect it might be something created in the Registry. Also I confirmed it does not take up any space just as a Junction Point does. All my files are on my D drive.

Everything works fine. I am just curious why the OneDrive folder in my User folder only shows up in my Quick Access list. Also, if I delete the OneDrive folder from my Quick Access list it will also delete it on my D drive.

Any thoughts on this situation. I am baffled by it. *Banghead
    'This PC' folders point to onedrive [​IMG]

'This PC' folders point to onedrive [​IMG]

The first screenshot is from my Quick Access list. The second is from my User Folder in File Manager.

streetwolf, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

'This PC' folders point to onedrive

1. 'This PC' folders point to onedrive - Similar Threads - 'This PC' folders

2. Onedrive and This PC folder sync

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive and This PC folder sync: I have Windows 10 and just moved to Onedrive in order to sync my files to the cloud like I did with iDrive. My goal is to ensure all the files and folders in the Documents folder and Desktop are backed up automatically whenever they change. Boom!Unfortunately, when I change...
  3. Onedrive and This PC folder sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive and This PC folder sync: I have Windows 10 and just moved to Onedrive in order to sync my files to the cloud like I did with iDrive. My goal is to ensure all the files and folders in the Documents folder and Desktop are backed up automatically whenever they change. Boom!Unfortunately, when I change...
  4. Onedrive and This PC folder sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. This PC > Documents Leads to OneDrive folder

This PC > Documents Leads to OneDrive folder: My main documents folder is routing me to the OneDrive folder even after unlinking OneDrive from my computer completely. I tried going through Properties and Location to restore the default location of this folder, to no avail. Instead I'm getting an error that says, "Can't...
  6. Removal of OneDrive folder from PC

Removal of OneDrive folder from PC: Since I no longer needed OneDrive on one of my Windows PCs I "uninstalled" OneDrive. I would now like to delete the OneDrive user folder from the C: drive on that PC - it's contents appear to be corrupted so it is impossible to just delete the folder. Is there any way to...
  7. OneDrive: Can't stop syncing folders - how to stop pointing essential folders to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneDrive: Can't stop syncing folders - how to stop pointing essential folders to OneDrive: Must have done a mistake while setting up my new PC, because Desktop, Documents and Pictures got linked to OneDrive rather than being local to the PC (all marked with little cloud). Tried unchecking the folders to stop syncing them, but got a message that I couldn't stop...
  8. How to Resolving This PC System Folder Points to Another System Folder

How to Resolving This PC System Folder Points to Another System Folder: I see some people having the same problem as I am today, such as "My Windows 10 Desktop and Documents Folder got mixed up", "Desktop folder now named Downloads", but I didn't find a clear answer, and after some attempts, I finally found the solution. Here's an example of the...
  9. Resolving This PC System Folder Points to Another System Folder

Resolving This PC System Folder Points to Another System Folder: I saw some people running into the same problem, such as "My Windows 10 Desktop and Documents Folder got mixed up", "Desktop folder now named Downloads", but I didn't find a clear answer, and after some attempts, I finally found the solution. Here's an example of the...
  10. 'This PC' pictures folder is connected to OneDrive.

in Windows 10 Support
    'This PC' pictures folder is connected to OneDrive.: When I open file explorer, in the 'This PC' tab there is downloads, documents, videos, etc... All of them have the locationC:\Users\<my name> However with pictures it is C:\Users\<my name>\OneDrive In order to find my real pictures folder I have to go to Windows C >...