Windows 10: This PC Folders

Discus and support This PC Folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have recently discovered that the Pictures folder and only the Pictures folder under 'This PC' is pointing to my Onedrive folder that I do not use. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stuart Holland, May 14, 2020.

1. This PC Folders

I have recently discovered that the Pictures folder and only the Pictures folder under 'This PC' is pointing to my Onedrive folder that I do not use. I never knowingly changed it to do this and want to change it back to point to my Users/name/Pictures folder but can't. Is there any way to do this as it doesn't seem an unreasonable thing to want to do especially as all my other folders under This PC point to the relevant Users/name/ version rather than the Onedrive version.

:)

Stuart Holland, May 14, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Micah Bat Win User
    Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Since the only folder that has incorrect file path is the Documents folder under This PC, we would suggest you do the same steps provided above. However, do it in your Documents folder under This PC. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click This PC
    • Right-click on Documents
    • Click Properties
    • Click Location
    • Click Restore Default
    • Click Apply
    • Click OK
    Also, we would like to inform you that "winhelponline.com" is not associated with Microsoft.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, May 14, 2020
  4. mrgeek Win User

This PC Folders

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, May 14, 2020
Thema:

This PC Folders

1. This PC Folders - Similar Threads - Folders

2. Importing images from SD Card into Date Taken new folders using new so called Updated...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Importing images from SD Card into Date Taken new folders using new so called Updated...: Why has Microsoft made importing photos from sd card so difficult? New Photos and Photos Legacy does not allow you to import into new folders with criteria Date Taken. This has really slowed down my work flow. Nothing in Settings and no Advanced Settings to amend import...
  3. Importing images from SD Card into Date Taken new folders using new so called Updated...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Importing images from SD Card into Date Taken new folders using new so called Updated...: Why has Microsoft made importing photos from sd card so difficult? New Photos and Photos Legacy does not allow you to import into new folders with criteria Date Taken. This has really slowed down my work flow. Nothing in Settings and no Advanced Settings to amend import...
  4. Folders within Windows just moving mouse highlights quite a few items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders within Windows just moving mouse highlights quite a few items: Windows 11 23H2 22631.3527 Oem version.I have been noticing this alot as of late but when I open a folder and move my mouse over items within that folder quite a few items will highlight. I have not clicked my mouse anywhere on that screen, I'm not doing a select all, just...
  5. Folders within Windows just moving mouse highlights quite a few items

Folders within Windows just moving mouse highlights quite a few items: Windows 11 23H2 22631.3527 Oem version.I have been noticing this alot as of late but when I open a folder and move my mouse over items within that folder quite a few items will highlight. I have not clicked my mouse anywhere on that screen, I'm not doing a select all, just...
  6. File Explorer folders and/or tabs are not restored after I restart my computer. This is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer folders and/or tabs are not restored after I restart my computer. This is...: I tried all the fixes suggested online, but nothing helps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-folders-andor-tabs-are-not-restored/b66f1254-4f39-400f-81bd-f8b32b7e2112
  7. File Explorer folders and/or tabs are not restored after I restart my computer. This is...

File Explorer folders and/or tabs are not restored after I restart my computer. This is...: I tried all the fixes suggested online, but nothing helps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-folders-andor-tabs-are-not-restored/b66f1254-4f39-400f-81bd-f8b32b7e2112
  8. Compressing parent container of a .vscode folder will ignore it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Compressing parent container of a .vscode folder will ignore it.: Hello everyone,as I was compressing my code project parent folder named Project that contains:- Folder: .vscode- Folder: bin- Folder: lib- Folder: source- File: README.mdI soon noticed that the folder named .vscode was ignored. As this one contains the launch.json and...
  9. Compressing parent container of a .vscode folder will ignore it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compressing parent container of a .vscode folder will ignore it.: Hello everyone,as I was compressing my code project parent folder named Project that contains:- Folder: .vscode- Folder: bin- Folder: lib- Folder: source- File: README.mdI soon noticed that the folder named .vscode was ignored. As this one contains the launch.json and...
  10. Compressing parent container of a .vscode folder will ignore it.