Windows 10: “This PC” hanging when I try to open it. Says “working on it…”

Discus and support “This PC” hanging when I try to open it. Says “working on it…” in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Well, since last update, I've been having this problem. I actually had it in the past and suddenly, it stopped. But looks like now it has come again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RogellParadox, Jan 26, 2019.

1. “This PC” hanging when I try to open it. Says “working on it…”

Well, since last update, I've been having this problem. I actually had it in the past and suddenly, it stopped.

But looks like now it has come again to haunt me. What happens is, after I log in, after maybe one hour or so, and then try to open "This PC", it hangs, saying "Working on it". Even if I stop the process and start it again, it doesn't work.
    It's incredible how I have been having bugs like these, taskbar bugs, green ribbon of death etc. since I started used W10. I passed more or less one year (2015) with all these bugs together. Each time Microsoft sent an update, a problem gone away, but a new one was created.Looks like it's happening again.

The strangest thing is that DISM Restore Health, SFC Scannow etc. never present anything wrong with my W10. Anyone can help me out with this problem?

“This PC” hanging when I try to open it. Says “working on it…” [​IMG]

:)

RogellParadox, Jan 26, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. “This PC” hanging when I try to open it. Says “working on it…” :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 26, 2019
  4. “This PC” hanging when I try to open it. Says “working on it…”

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

“This PC” hanging when I try to open it. Says “working on it…”

1. “This PC” hanging when I try to open it. Says “working on it…” - Similar Threads - “This PC” hanging

2. I am trying to install qbasic and I installed the file and when I try to open it, it says...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to install qbasic and I installed the file and when I try to open it, it says...: Please clear my doubt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-install-qbasic-and-i-installed-the/e335c3a9-307b-449e-86c0-d01828375675
  3. When trying to open certain things on PC it says "terminated unexpectedly"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When trying to open certain things on PC it says "terminated unexpectedly": When I try to open things on my computer, it says that it terminated unexpectedly. I've tried looking up how to fix it and everything says to open up the registry editor or services.msc, but the problem is the same problem happens to those, so I can't fix it and its getting...
  4. Pc hanging when opening a 10gb+ folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc hanging when opening a 10gb+ folder: Last year I moved many photos I have taken from my phone to my pc as it's more than 10gb. My PC was able to load the folder that time, there was no problem at all.. Now I can't open it. Whenever I try to open my RAM usage peaks to 99. I cleared all my games and there is...
  5. when i try to open a file it says parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    when i try to open a file it says parameter is incorrect: i cant open a 2019 tax file it says incorrect parameter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-open-a-file-it-says-parameter-is/54b096fd-8909-432b-847c-c35da55c204b
  6. Computer hangs when I try to open a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer hangs when I try to open a file: Recently my Windows 10 computer started hanging when I try to open a file. For example, in Word I click Open and immediately an empty navigation window opens. EMPTY! And the application says Not Responding if I try to click anything else. The empty window persists for 30...
  7. Is there any other way to open it? I updated my pc and when I tried to open the pc. It says...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any other way to open it? I updated my pc and when I tried to open the pc. It says...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/notareddituser23340 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jmkq4p/is_there_any_other_way_to_open_it_i_updated_my_pc/
  8. When I try to open %appdata% it says access is denied

When I try to open %appdata% it says access is denied: I know why just don't know how to fix it Earlier I had changed %USERPROFILE%\AppData to %USERPROFILE%\Application Data in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders It was to fix something where I couldn't access network...
  9. Trying to download a .jar , when I open it, it says application not found.

Trying to download a .jar , when I open it, it says application not found.: I am on windows 10, I havent had problems downloading .jar before, I have the latest java and I am fully updated. Im a bit of a computer noob so any help is great....
  10. Explorer hangs when trying to open share

Explorer hangs when trying to open share: I am trying to access a share on my desktop computer from my laptop. I can connect to the share and the share appears on the left hand side in Explorer, but Explorer hangs a lot when I try to get into the share or do other operations such as changing a folder name. Sometimes...