Windows 10: "This PC" icon keeps moving up+right on the desktop everytime I restart/turn on the...

Discus and support "This PC" icon keeps moving up+right on the desktop everytime I restart/turn on the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/nukvnukv [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nukvnukv, Aug 9, 2020.

1. "This PC" icon keeps moving up+right on the desktop everytime I restart/turn on the...

/u/nukvnukv, Aug 9, 2020
  2. qubit Win User

Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

That's because your resolution is changing each time. To test, try setting to 1024x768, arrange a couple of icons and then restart the PC. As long as the resolution after startup is still 1024x768, then the icons won't move. Trust me. *Wink "This PC" icon keeps moving up+right on the desktop everytime I restart/turn on the... ;)

qubit, Aug 9, 2020
  3. techguy31 Win User

I see. I was using a 23" monitor before and the highest resolution was below 1080p so I guess windows remembers that monitors resolution right? I have tried de.das.dude suggestion, but everytime I turn off the computer after arranging the icons it goes back to misarranging the icons.

techguy31, Aug 9, 2020
  4. techguy31 Win User

"This PC" icon keeps moving up+right on the desktop everytime I restart/turn on the...

Hi,
    So I have a minor problem. I have my computer connected to a receiver and then to a tv. The problem I am facing is that everytime I arrange the desktop icons; the next time I turn my computer back on it just gets messed up. Why is this? Does this happen to you when you connect it via receiver to tv? This only happens when I connect it this way. I don't have this problem when I am connecting straight from pc to tv.

Thanks.

techguy31, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

"This PC" icon keeps moving up+right on the desktop everytime I restart/turn on the...

1. "This PC" icon keeps moving up+right on the desktop everytime I restart/turn on the... - Similar Threads - icon keeps moving

2. Desktop icons keep moving after turning on pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons keep moving after turning on pc: Hello I have a problem with my desktop iconsI use 2 monitors and i discover it is because of that If i use only one i would not have this problemI use 2 monitors because it helps much with a work and other things on pcBut its very annoying every time my pc turn on icons just...
  3. Desktop icons keep moving after turning on pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons keep moving after turning on pc: Hello I have a problem with my desktop iconsI use 2 monitors and i discover it is because of that If i use only one i would not have this problemI use 2 monitors because it helps much with a work and other things on pcBut its very annoying every time my pc turn on icons just...
  4. Desktop icons keep moving after turning on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Desktop icons keep moving after restart on win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons keep moving after restart on win 10: Hello 1 day ago i turned my pc on and i realized my icons are not the same as they are before. I use 2 monitors and some of icons are on one monitor some are on secondI dont know why or how it happend. I remember i updated my graphic driver and i think after that it started...
  6. Desktop icons keep moving after restart on win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons keep moving after restart on win 10: Hello 1 day ago i turned my pc on and i realized my icons are not the same as they are before. I use 2 monitors and some of icons are on one monitor some are on secondI dont know why or how it happend. I remember i updated my graphic driver and i think after that it started...
  7. Desktop Icon keep moving

Desktop Icon keep moving: My desktop icon keep moving and I unable to keep them still, I tried the method right- click then select desktop unable to select desktop * * [ATTACH] Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers in the Microsoft Community forum. Contact...
  8. Desktop icon keeps Moving/Resetting after restart.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icon keeps Moving/Resetting after restart.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/wholesomenthusiast [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jhbjv1/desktop_icon_keeps_movingresetting_after_restart/
  9. Desktop Icons keep moving

Desktop Icons keep moving: So this has been an ongoing problem for me for months at this point. Every time I restart or shut down my computer my desktop icons rearrange in a way that I did not set. I have gone through many of the common fixes and have had success temporarily fixing it through some...
  10. Desktop Icons Keep Moving

Desktop Icons Keep Moving: Hello, Every time my screen goes black, because it has been 15 minutes (screensaver setting) or I wake it from Sleep Mode, all of my icons are moved to the other side of the screen. I just find this really annoying to move them back to the order I had them. Is there a...