Windows 10: This PC icon label incorrect on start menu

Discus and support This PC icon label incorrect on start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone, Windows 10 Pro has just performed a 'feature update' to version 1809. I have managed to sort through most of the problems over the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MatthewHousehouse, Apr 20, 2019.

1. This PC icon label incorrect on start menu

Hello everyone,

Windows 10 Pro has just performed a 'feature update' to version 1809. I have managed to sort through most of the problems over the past 3 hours but I'm stuck on one where the This PC icon on the start menu has changed to computer (1). Only the icon shows the change, the windows all show This PC. I can rename it to but it doesn't change the label on the start menu.

I have done a few searches but have not come up with anything yet.

Any ideas appreciated!

This PC icon label incorrect on start menu d4f1c80a-884b-4c50-bf7c-11037b946e32?upload=true.png

:)

MatthewHousehouse, Apr 20, 2019
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Apr 20, 2019
  3. psyko12 Win User

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

This PC icon label incorrect on start menu prob.jpg

psyko12, Apr 20, 2019
  4. psyko12 Win User

This PC icon label incorrect on start menu

@oil: That's what I did, but unfortunately it's different, it should be like "Internet" and should have the icon of FireFox.

So.. Remove the icon via Start menu properties, uninstall FF (again) and install?

psyko12, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

This PC icon label incorrect on start menu

1. This PC icon label incorrect on start menu - Similar Threads - icon label incorrect

2. Icons for items recommended by the start menu are displayed incorrectly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons for items recommended by the start menu are displayed incorrectly: The recommended item icons in the start menu are showing errors as shown in the image. Some image files are displayed correctly, some are displayed incorrectly; document images are displayed incorrectly; some compressed files will be displayed as folder icons. But in...
  3. Icons for items recommended by the start menu are displayed incorrectly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons for items recommended by the start menu are displayed incorrectly: The recommended item icons in the start menu are showing errors as shown in the image. Some image files are displayed correctly, some are displayed incorrectly; document images are displayed incorrectly; some compressed files will be displayed as folder icons. But in...
  4. icons only in start menu and no labels

in Windows 10 Customization
    icons only in start menu and no labels: How do I restore the text labels to the icons in the start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-only-in-start-menu-and-no-labels/76a9a283-7215-4c51-bfb3-bf469fc88410
  5. Icon labels

Icon labels: I want to set ALL icon labels (including desktop icon labels) to a larger size and bold. How is this done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-labels/c82b5ade-b36c-4c52-9fb6-7c23f9cf22ae
  6. Start Menu Full Text Labels instead of Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Full Text Labels instead of Icons: Hi, I just installed Windows 10 and have been watching some youtube videos and tutorials about it. During some of the videos I noticed the start menu was different to mine. So I was wondering how do I enable full texted labels instead of just the icons when I click the start...
  7. Start Menu tiles, center app/icon text/label

Start Menu tiles, center app/icon text/label: Does anyone know how to get the text in the tiles to center, like the icons? [img] 115908
  8. Start Menu - How do I change Title/Label and Icon?

Start Menu - How do I change Title/Label and Icon?: I have Pinned a few sites to the start menu using Microsoft Edge. My problem is that all of them have the same "E" edge (internet explorer) icon. So unless I keep them at large size, or remember in what order they were pinned/arranged, I have no clue which pin is for which...
  9. anniversary update no text labels start menu icons e.g. file explorer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    anniversary update no text labels start menu icons e.g. file explorer: Since the anniversary update, I have no text labels start menu icons e.g. file explorer... Also the pinned icons no longer appear as a single column, now shows as three columns I know I can click on the top icon with the 3 bars to display the text, but would like it...
  10. Start menu with full labels

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu with full labels: Hello guys, How do I re-enable the labels in Start Menu? I want to be easier for me to acces the 'Power' Button, but with the new interface, it is annyoing (not to talk about that cascade of shortcuts I do not need :|) I need it to be so by default, I do not want...