Windows 10: This PC icon won't open

Discus and support This PC icon won't open in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Brand new Dell Inspiron 17 3793 with Windows 10 Home Build 19042. I have set up my User account and transferred all my files from the old laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ron6962, May 7, 2021.

1. Ron6962 Win User

This PC icon won't open

Brand new Dell Inspiron 17 3793 with Windows 10 Home Build 19042. I have set up my User account and transferred all my files from the old laptop. Suddenly, I cannot get This PC icon on the home screen to open. It flashes an empty This PC screen for just a second, then goes back to the home screen. All other icons work, including Windows Explorer, Recycle, etc.. I can enter C: in the search bar on the home screen to see what is on the C drive, or D: to see what is on the external drive, but I don't understand why This PC is not working. I have searched everywhere and cannot find anything directly related to this issue...so any help is appreciated.

:)

Ron6962, May 7, 2021
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, May 7, 2021
  3. my n97 won t charge or connect

when i put a usb on my n97 it won t charge when i put on the computer it won t say nokia pc suite or else it not reading the usb cannot work on my phone plz hel

karim71---01, May 7, 2021
  4. This PC icon won't open

windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 7, 2021
Thema:

This PC icon won't open

1. This PC icon won't open - Similar Threads - icon won't open

2. PC's Apps Won't Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC's Apps Won't Open: Almost all the apps of this laptop including the Microsoft Store, Videos, Mail , Photos, and Get Help won't work at all. I made a repair on the PC removing all apps and now this happens....
  3. PC's Apps Won't Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC's Apps Won't Open: Almost all the apps of this laptop including the Microsoft Store, Videos, Mail , Photos, and Get Help won't work at all. I made a repair on the PC removing all apps and now this happens....
  4. PC's Apps Won't Open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC won't open.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC won't open.: I had a problem with Windows not starting after reset. The last thing I did was to update and restart Windows but it tells me to reset my device so the update will go through. So I did that. During reset I choose to keep my files. However, after that my PC won't start...
  6. Update icon won't open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Update icon won't open: In my windows 10 pc when i go to settings the update icon won't open give me a solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-icon-wont-open/12fcf8fc-a4ca-4612-a0c8-297b1d24ef84
  7. Desktop icons won't open programs, taskbar will.

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons won't open programs, taskbar will.: Hello; This is a new build for my daughter. Version Build 19041. Initially, icons opened files with no problem. After a couple of restarts, none will work. If I pin any of them to the taskbar, they open just fine. Same goes for opening them from the start menu. Of course,...
  8. No desktop icons, start menu won't open, Taskbar won't open, task manager won't open,...

No desktop icons, start menu won't open, Taskbar won't open, task manager won't open,...: It's all in the title. When I login, there are no desktop icons. If I click a few times the screen will flash and go back to how it was. Clicking on the Taskbar results in the same thing. I've tried opening task manager by ctrl Alt delete and by ctrl shift escape, but it...
  9. My Start icon won't open

My Start icon won't open: New Dell Inspiron 15 5000 computer. The start button was working until yesterday, now it won't open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-icon-wont-open/3707957e-8214-4c0b-b8cf-8573efa9eded
  10. .jpeg images won't open, strange icon

in Browsers and Email
    .jpeg images won't open, strange icon: Hey everyone, So I recently tried to open a .jpeg image that I downloaded from google images to make it my computer wallpaper. But for some strange reason, the icon for it is just a blank icon with a couple of cogs on it. Whenever I try to open the file, it immediately...