Windows 10: "This PC" is linked to One Drive for Documents and Pictures, and I don't want that.

Discus and support "This PC" is linked to One Drive for Documents and Pictures, and I don't want that. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I could use some help here. For my new Windows 10 laptop, the "This PC" folders for Documents and Pictures are accessing One Drive. I do not want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JeffMaccaglia, Jul 26, 2019.

1. "This PC" is linked to One Drive for Documents and Pictures, and I don't want that.

I could use some help here.

For my new Windows 10 laptop, the "This PC" folders for Documents and Pictures are accessing One Drive. I do not want this. I want them to access my local user folders for those items.

I cannot redirect them to the user folders. For Pictures, it says I cannot redirect:

For Documents, I don't even have that option. My folder Properties looks like this:

Actually, I do not want One Drive at all. I really would like to just have everything tagged to my local user accounts, and not One Drive. I think Microsoft should make One Drive as a default be an option that a user can enable for those wanting it, not one that we need assistance to remove.

:)

JeffMaccaglia, Jul 26, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Micah Bat Win User
    Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Since the only folder that has incorrect file path is the Documents folder under This PC, we would suggest you do the same steps provided above. However, do it in your Documents folder under This PC. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click This PC
    • Right-click on Documents
    • Click Properties
    • Click Location
    • Click Restore Default
    • Click Apply
    • Click OK
    Also, we would like to inform you that "winhelponline.com" is not associated with Microsoft.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Jul 26, 2019
  4. "This PC" is linked to One Drive for Documents and Pictures, and I don't want that.

Documents in "This PC" not linked to C drive

I know this issue has been raised before but I am not clear on the solution. On a Win 10 laptop I have hid/disabled One drive but the Documents in "This PC" still points to the One drive location. If I go to the properties for the documents in This PC
    and select "Restore Default" the location changes from One drive to what I want - C:Users/name/docs but of course when I select apply/ok it tells me "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same position that can't be redirected. Access denied".
    Surely there must be a simple way to re-link the documents in This PC to the documents in the C:Users folder?

GordonBlack2, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

"This PC" is linked to One Drive for Documents and Pictures, and I don't want that.

1. "This PC" is linked to One Drive for Documents and Pictures, and I don't want that. - Similar Threads - linked Drive Documents

2. I want to add musics documents downloads pictures tab to this pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to add musics documents downloads pictures tab to this pc: I changed the documents downloads music pictures videos folders to another partions to when im on windows 10 i updated to windows 11 i cant see these tabs in this pc in wndows 11...
  3. I want to add musics documents downloads pictures tab to this pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to add musics documents downloads pictures tab to this pc: I changed the documents downloads music pictures videos folders to another partions to when im on windows 10 i updated to windows 11 i cant see these tabs in this pc in wndows 11...
  4. I want to remove my desktop, pictures, downloads, documents from one drive folder on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to remove my desktop, pictures, downloads, documents from one drive folder on my...: I have managed to remove my desktop and downloads folders from one drive by going to properties => locations tab and clicking restore default, but when I try it for my documents folder and pictures folder, I get an error: Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the...
  5. I want to remove my desktop, pictures, downloads, documents from one drive folder on my...

I want to remove my desktop, pictures, downloads, documents from one drive folder on my...: I have managed to remove my desktop and downloads folders from one drive by going to properties => locations tab and clicking restore default, but when I try it for my documents folder and pictures folder, I get an error: Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the...
  6. One drive syncing Documents, Pictures and Desktop automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One drive syncing Documents, Pictures and Desktop automatically: I enabled onedrive in my pc windows, as it waqs disabled for some time. Some minutes later onedrive started to sync automatically the folders describes above! And worse, it seems that that is no straightforward way to disable this.Total nonsense. They don't even know if I...
  7. One drive syncing Documents, Pictures and Desktop automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive syncing Documents, Pictures and Desktop automatically: I enabled onedrive in my pc windows, as it waqs disabled for some time. Some minutes later onedrive started to sync automatically the folders describes above! And worse, it seems that that is no straightforward way to disable this.Total nonsense. They don't even know if I...
  8. One drive syncing Documents, Pictures and Desktop automatically

9. don't want to utilize one drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    don't want to utilize one drive: i do not want my files on onedrive. how do i get them off and back onto "my pc"? when i try manually move them, i get this message "there is not enough space on one drive......"...
  10. Documents and pictures file location set to one drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Documents and pictures file location set to one drive: So my documents and pictures are at the location of c/user/username/onedrive i want to change it to just c/user.username i have unlinked onedrive from pc and unistalled i have tried restore default and it wont let me as it says you cant move a folder thats in the same...