Windows 10: This PC is "Working on it" after boot but ok after restart

Discus and support This PC is "Working on it" after boot but ok after restart in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 Windows 10 PCs one Pro one Home Edition, both version 20H2 both share the same strange behavior. When switched on in the morning selecting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by George#COSWORTH, Apr 9, 2021.

1. This PC is "Working on it" after boot but ok after restart

I have 2 Windows 10 PCs one Pro one Home Edition, both version 20H2 both share the same strange behavior.

When switched on in the morning selecting "This PC" displays partial information, drive icons show as the piece of paper symbol, sometimes nothing at all in the main window or sidebar. All the while the green progress bar trundles across the top of the window and the message is "Working on it". This situation does not resolve itself though all local drives are available to the command window and the network file server can be pinged by name. Internet access is unaffected.

A restart of each PC resolves the situation until the next power cycle. After the restart everything in the Quick Start window and all the drives 9 local & 4 network are immediately available with no hint of the green bar.

It is irritating to have to restart the PCs immediately after switch on & sign in. How can I fix this?

:)

George#COSWORTH, Apr 9, 2021

2. MY PC has just statred to restart even during Boot and after boot, Please help.

if you want to change any setting just do it step by step so you know what might happen when your pc restart again and again

micropage7, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 9, 2021
  4. swat354 Win User

This PC is "Working on it" after boot but ok after restart

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

This PC is "Working on it" after boot but ok after restart

1. This PC is "Working on it" after boot but ok after restart - Similar Threads - Working boot restart

2. PC boots no display after force restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC boots no display after force restart: This has happened a couple times now. I force shutdown, force "restart anyway" with background process and when it boots back up there's no display. Last time this happened, I managed to boot into bios when I used a different monitor. This time around it's not working, after...
  3. PC boots no display after force restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC boots no display after force restart: This has happened a couple times now. I force shutdown, force "restart anyway" with background process and when it boots back up there's no display. Last time this happened, I managed to boot into bios when I used a different monitor. This time around it's not working, after...
  4. Bluetooth driver not working after PC restart.

Bluetooth driver not working after PC restart.: My Bluetooth driver seems to be have issues or be disabled after restarting my PC. Every time I restart or power on, I have to uninstall the Intel Wireless Bluetooth from Device Manager, then scan for hardware changes, then it works as before. Can anyone help as to why this...
  5. Bluetooth driver not working after PC restart.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth driver not working after PC restart.: My Bluetooth driver seems to be have issues or be disabled after restarting my PC. Every time I restart or power on, I have to uninstall the Intel Wireless Bluetooth from Device Manager, then scan for hardware changes, then it works as before. Can anyone help as to why this...
  6. PC Keeps restarting after boot into windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Keeps restarting after boot into windows: So just recently after when windows had a bad install on my SSD and i wiped and reinstalled windows, my computer out of nowhere keeps restarting and sometimes will load into Automatic Repair, i don’t know if this is either a windows problem or a hardware problem, but it keeps...
  7. PC Keeps restarting after boot into windows

PC Keeps restarting after boot into windows: So just recently after when windows had a bad install on my SSD and i wiped and reinstalled windows, my computer out of nowhere keeps restarting and sometimes will load into Automatic Repair, i don’t know if this is either a windows problem or a hardware problem, but it keeps...
  8. Mic No Longer Working After Restarting PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic No Longer Working After Restarting PC: Basically I had BM800 and it nolonger works on one of computers after I restarted this morning. I hooked it up to my phone through some cables and that works but it doesnt work on my PC.. and when it does. I have to be screaming into it....
  9. PC won't boot up after restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC won't boot up after restart: PC stuck on boot when I restart it, and because of that, I need to shut down my PC from the button. I can't update my PC because of that and it giving me an error 0xc1900101 - 0x20017. How to fix it. Thank you...
  10. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE‎ ok after a restart always

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE‎ ok after a restart always: Hi! My Windows 10 computer gives DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE some minutes after start, and then re-starts and then works perfectly for ever, until next restart. I save switched off the Power save for some devices as advised by some users on the net. How can I diagnose this?...