Windows 10: "This PC" My Documents folder pointing to One Drive and Cannot Change

Discus and support "This PC" My Documents folder pointing to One Drive and Cannot Change in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Not sure how it happened, but now both the One Drive - My Documents and the This PC - My Documents shortcuts in the file explorer both point to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Papabear706, Jan 6, 2019.

1. "This PC" My Documents folder pointing to One Drive and Cannot Change

Not sure how it happened, but now both the One Drive - My Documents and the This PC - My Documents shortcuts in the file explorer both point to the "One Drive" My Documents folder. AND apparently that setting was backed up to One Drive, because my new PC now has that setting after I signed in to my Microsoft account.

How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance

:)

Papabear706, Jan 6, 2019

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jan 6, 2019
  3. Micah Bat Win User
    Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Since the only folder that has incorrect file path is the Documents folder under This PC, we would suggest you do the same steps provided above. However, do it in your Documents folder under This PC. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click This PC
    • Right-click on Documents
    • Click Properties
    • Click Location
    • Click Restore Default
    • Click Apply
    • Click OK
    Also, we would like to inform you that "winhelponline.com" is not associated with Microsoft.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Jan 6, 2019
  4. CP2009 Win User

"This PC" My Documents folder pointing to One Drive and Cannot Change

Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Thank you for the quick response, Micah.

My documents are already being saved to 'This PC only'.

The Documents folder in the libraries is correct (local drive).

The Documents folder in the quick access area is correct (local drive).

The only thing that is incorrect is the documents folder under 'This PC'?

Also is 'winhelponline.com' affiliated with Microsoft?

Thanks again

CP2009, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

"This PC" My Documents folder pointing to One Drive and Cannot Change

1. "This PC" My Documents folder pointing to One Drive and Cannot Change - Similar Threads - Documents folder pointing

2. The Folder Name of One of my OneDrive Folders has changed to "Documents"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Folder Name of One of my OneDrive Folders has changed to "Documents": In Windows, the name of one of my OneDrive folders is showing as Documents intead of its folder name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-folder-name-of-one-of-my-onedrive-folders-has/38637d49-dc70-4fcb-8d27-cd505f175a0d
  3. folders pointing to one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    folders pointing to one drive: Sometime over the last week on my old laptop, the documents folder has been pointed to the same one on my onedrive such that all of the contents are now in the onedrive documents folder.Last time I had this problem I was asked to upload a section of my registry.At some point...
  4. folders pointing to one drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    folders pointing to one drive: Sometime over the last week on my old laptop, the documents folder has been pointed to the same one on my onedrive such that all of the contents are now in the onedrive documents folder.Last time I had this problem I was asked to upload a section of my registry.At some point...
  5. folders pointing to one drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My documents folder in Windows Explorer points to a one drive folder

My documents folder in Windows Explorer points to a one drive folder: When I got a new laptop, OneDrive hijacked my folders. Itsoon reached it’s limit as my pictures are quite large. I have tried hard to eliminate OneDrive, there are plenty ofbetter cloud storage and back-up options for me. I followed some advice about pointing the...
  7. Prevent one drive folder to point to library

Prevent one drive folder to point to library: i have win10 pro Uninstalled one drive I DO NOT want my libraries to be in "c:\users\me\onedrive\documents" i want it to be in "c:\users\me\documents " I tried re-pointing using manage folders and setting default save location. But the icons in the navigation pane do...
  8. Documents folders in "Quick Access", "One Drive" and "This PC"

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents folders in "Quick Access", "One Drive" and "This PC": Hi I have recently updated to the creator version My files end up in unintended destinations. When I click in the documents tab in the sidebar of the documents screen, it takes me to a “Documents” folder that appears in “One Drive” group. Any files that I send from my...
  9. Sync a folder not in Documents to One Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Sync a folder not in Documents to One Drive: I have a folder not in my user/documents folder that I would like to sync to One Drive. So far, I've not been able to figure out how to do that. Actually the folder is not on the C: drive but on D:. I really need some help. Thank you. 89308
  10. My Documents not pointing to correct folder

in Windows 10 Support
    My Documents not pointing to correct folder: Hello, Not sure where to post this query so aplogies if this is in the wrong place. History: Two weeks ago after an update, my WIn 10 laptop wouldn't boot (black screen with flashing underscore cursor). Finally managed to resolve the issue and get the PC to boot into...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows10 documents in This PC is not pointing to My Documents

2. relationship between one drive and computer

3. my documents folder is now called downloads so i have two download folders why

4. cannit change the folder for this pc documents,
  5. documents in one drive and some not windows,
  6. restore my documents folder to my pc get rid of one drive folder,
  7. user folders pointing to one drive,
  8. documents folder under this pc is pointing to one drive