Windows 10: This PC Properties not available from Windows Explorer

Discus and support This PC Properties not available from Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On my desktop is an icon for "This PC". Right clicking it & choosing Properties opens the control panel/systems. I right clicked the icon & chose "Pin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by phrab, Aug 31, 2019.

1. phrab Win User

This PC Properties not available from Windows Explorer

On my desktop is an icon for "This PC". Right clicking it & choosing Properties opens the control panel/systems. I right clicked the icon & chose "Pin to Quick access", which it did. However, when I right click "This PC" in Explorer under Quick access/frequent folders OR click it in the navigation pane, I get a message "The properties for this item are not available."

Is this normal or am I missing something? (I suppose both could be true*Confused)

:)

phrab, Aug 31, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 31, 2019
  3. jjmwjr366 Win User
    Microsoft Properties

Hi Greg,

I followed your Task Manager steps and restarted the computer but the issue was still there.

Then I went to the first link you suggested and saw the options available. I elected to go to Microsoft Support to see if they had any File Explorer options available and they did. I downloaded the Mighty File Explorer. Using it, I checked the Properties
    of the external drive in question and it was able to see and list the size of the folder correctly! Thank you for your time. This solves the issue.

If you see a need for me to explore the other recommendations that you gave, let me know.

Thanks again!

jjmwjr366, Aug 31, 2019
  4. This PC Properties not available from Windows Explorer

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

This PC Properties not available from Windows Explorer

1. This PC Properties not available from Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Properties available Explorer

2. Solving "The Properties for This Item Are Not Available”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Solving "The Properties for This Item Are Not Available”: Right click and alt-enter on drives gives this error. But folders and files did respond to right click, and alt-enter.What is the underlying fault and how do I solve it?...
  3. Solving "The Properties for This Item Are Not Available”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Solving "The Properties for This Item Are Not Available”: Right click and alt-enter on drives gives this error. But folders and files did respond to right click, and alt-enter.What is the underlying fault and how do I solve it?...
  4. Solving "The Properties for This Item Are Not Available”

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Copy properties from properties window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy properties from properties window: Hi, is there any way to copy data from such or similar windows? I need them in any editable format, like xls, csv, word, whatever. I mean similar to "Member of" section [ATTACH]...
  6. No icons available in a shortcut's properties window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No icons available in a shortcut's properties window: Trying to change the icon of a shortcut I made. There are no icons available when I go to the Properties menu other than the blank paper one it already has. I remember there were hundreds last time I needed to do this, how do I actually change the icon? submitted by...
  7. File Explorer ThisPC "The properties for this item are not available"

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer ThisPC "The properties for this item are not available": Windows 10 machine. In File Explorer, when I right-click "ThisPC" and select "Properties", I'm now getting ther error message "The properties for this item are not available". I am aware of no recent changes that would cause this. I have done everything suggested in the...
  8. The Properties for This Item Are Not Available

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The Properties for This Item Are Not Available: When I right click items in the 'devices and drives' section of my computer I get the error, "The properties for this item are not available". I am still able to get properties on the folders, it seems to be just the devices and drives. I have checked health, completed...
  9. Properties in Explorer damaged?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Properties in Explorer damaged?: Explorer will not show Properties for Folders, only for Files (Windows 10 1803). Has done earlier but not anymore. Shows the Desktop instead. What´s wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/properties-in-explorer-damaged/169b3b49-e5dd-4d8c-95a2-500de38c6cce"
  10. The RAM and Processor shows not available in My PC properties

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The RAM and Processor shows not available in My PC properties: The properties of My PC shows that the processor and RAM as not available. I tried the workaround of enabling the Windows Mangement Instrumentation service. It still shows as not available. I cannot format my PC currently as I am having some important work at hand. Will...