Windows 10: This PC renamed to Computer (1) after Windows 10 Update

Discus and support This PC renamed to Computer (1) after Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]There have been reports that the name This PC folder name was changed to computer (1) after upgrading to a newer build of Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 2, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

This PC renamed to Computer (1) after Windows 10 Update

WinClub, Jul 2, 2019

2. Renaming the Computer...

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to rename the computer name as below and check if the issue persists.

Here’s how to rename the computer on Windows 10:

• Click on the Search icon in the taskbar Search icon;
    • Search Rename this computer and click on the result;
    • Click Change;
    • Rename the computer and then click OK to save.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 2, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

1. This PC renamed to Computer (1) after Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - renamed Computer Update

2. Rename Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rename Computer: I'm using Surface Laptop Go 2. I have my Microsoft account logged in. I want to rename my PC but the button is unclickable. I tried running administrator and restart but not thing change.Is there another way or maybe something needs to be checked?...
  3. Rename Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rename Computer: I'm using Surface Laptop Go 2. I have my Microsoft account logged in. I want to rename my PC but the button is unclickable. I tried running administrator and restart but not thing change.Is there another way or maybe something needs to be checked?...
  4. Pc won’t start at all after renaming computer windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc won’t start at all after renaming computer windows 10: I just upgraded my motherboard and cpu and finally got things running again after a bumpy ride. I was checking whether I could upgrade to W11 and learned I needed to have TPM. Before I shut down to go look at uefi settings I saw the change computer name function and decided...
  5. Pc won’t start at all after renaming computer windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc won’t start at all after renaming computer windows 10: I just upgraded my motherboard and cpu and finally got things running again after a bumpy ride. I was checking whether I could upgrade to W11 and learned I needed to have TPM. Before I shut down to go look at uefi settings I saw the change computer name function and decided...
  6. Pc won’t start at all after renaming computer windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. windows 10 keeps renaming PC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows 10 keeps renaming PC: every couple of days windows seems to rename my PC then of course windows is no longer activated and i have to go through activation again. I only notice when the activation watermark appears once activated its fine for a couple of days then same again. any thoughts...
  8. Renaming This PC (aka My Computer)

in Windows 10 Support
    Renaming This PC (aka My Computer): I would like to use a different name instead of This PC so that in the path it looks like (new name)>Local Drive>... How can I edit it and is it safe? 144140
  9. Apps not working after windows 10 update !!!!!!!!!!!1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps not working after windows 10 update !!!!!!!!!!!1: Please help no apps are working after windows 10 update on Jan 20. 2019!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-not-working-after-windows-10-update-1/f09ee0e8-8fa8-4fc6-aea3-f1e71218375b
  10. "This PC" renamed to "computer (1)"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "This PC" renamed to "computer (1)": So out of nowhere typing in "this PC" has brought up the name "computer (1) Anyone know why this is and what I can do to revert it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-pc-renamed-to-computer-1/4951e64b-1440-42bd-8bb4-cbe61c07a028

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why did this pc change to computer (1)