Windows 10: "This PC" renamed to "computer (1)"

Discus and support "This PC" renamed to "computer (1)" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So out of nowhere typing in "this PC" has brought up the name "computer (1) Anyone know why this is and what I can do to revert it back?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Luke♥, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Luke♥ Win User

"This PC" renamed to "computer (1)"

So out of nowhere typing in "this PC" has brought up the name "computer (1)

Anyone know why this is and what I can do to revert it back?

:)

Luke♥, Jan 12, 2019

2. Renaming the Computer...

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to rename the computer name as below and check if the issue persists.

Here’s how to rename the computer on Windows 10:

• Click on the Search icon in the taskbar Search icon;
    • Search Rename this computer and click on the result;
    • Click Change;
    • Rename the computer and then click OK to save.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 12, 2019
  4. amd5750m Win User

rename inf

I have a 7670m 1gb driver crimson legacy, how to rename my 7670m (which in driver detects as 7600m) to 8670m?

I am something new in this I would appreciate it if you would give me all the steps since I am very interested

I use win 7

his is what I try to do but not rename these files

Does someone have a step for newbies?

this is more or less the idea in the link

16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

amd5750m, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

1. "This PC" renamed to "computer (1)" - Similar Threads - renamed computer

2. How to batch rename multiple files while keeping the sorting order

in Windows 10 Support
    How to batch rename multiple files while keeping the sorting order: Pretty hard to explain what I wish to do in a clear title... Hello ! I'll explain with an example, files names will sound silly but I'm sumplifying the issue. I have a folder called "test", in this folder I have 3 images (.jpg). One image is the picture of the number "1"...
  3. Sorry, we couldn't find your file. Is it possible it was moved, renamed or deleted?...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sorry, we couldn't find your file. Is it possible it was moved, renamed or deleted?...: i save my .docx file in my desktop then close it . then when i try to open it in the recent that message shows. i tried to search it on local disk C: but i couldn't find it [ATTACH]...
  4. I need to change or Rename the folder C:\Users\<name> to C:\Users\<Mywish> . I'm using...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need to change or Rename the folder C:\Users\<name> to C:\Users\<Mywish> . I'm using...: Please Give me the details to rename the users name in C drive to my wish. Currently I only have one user and I have admin privileges. What steps I need to follow. ?...
  5. renaming folders

renaming folders: I cannot rename folders with the usual right click method. When I right click and try to rename, I get 2 messages: 1) "Can't find the specified file." Then when I x out of that message, I get: 2) "The file or folder does not exist." I can rename the folder by going to the...
  6. Default Downloads and Pictures folders are getting mixed up, renamed, combined

Default Downloads and Pictures folders are getting mixed up, renamed, combined: Hi all, I recently made the switch from Mac to Windows, and so far so good—I got a Dell Inspiron 5680 and am loving it. I bought the computer with a small SSD and a large HDD, and to free up space on the SSD I want to move the default Libraries folders to the HDD. I...
  7. Windows has renamed files and folders into another language

Windows has renamed files and folders into another language: I have recently purchased a new computer and when buying it I always reset to get a fresh install. The issue is that it keeps re-naming folders in my one drive and my pc into what looks like Dutch. 6 years ago I used a computer I bought in the Nederlands that I used for two...
  8. Windows 10 Photo Folder Scrolling and Photo Renaming

Windows 10 Photo Folder Scrolling and Photo Renaming: When i scroll through my photo folders to the most recent it keeps jumping back to the oldest folder row! It's like there is a specific dwell time you are allowed before it goes back. When i try to rename a photo if it doesn't jump out of rename mode the changed text doesn't...
  9. Renaming desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Renaming desktop: At some point my desktop got renamed Temporary Burn Folder. How do I change it back to Desktop? Right clicking does not allow change name. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/renaming-desktop/9ad7eafb-534d-4db9-bad3-3def12c3bf88
  10. How to rename login screen login prompt

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to rename login screen login prompt: I have a computer that has a duplicate "Other User" login prompt. We have a global policy that puts four login options ,but the issue isn't getting corrected after I run ggpupdate /force. The prompts should say: Other User Password Local or Domain Account Smart Card...