Windows 10: "This PC" renamed to "computer (1)"

Discus and support "This PC" renamed to "computer (1)" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So out of nowhere typing in "this PC" has brought up the name "computer (1) Anyone know why this is and what I can do to revert it back?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Luke♥, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Luke♥ Win User

"This PC" renamed to "computer (1)"

So out of nowhere typing in "this PC" has brought up the name "computer (1)

Anyone know why this is and what I can do to revert it back?

:)

Luke♥, Jan 12, 2019

2. Renaming the Computer...

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to rename the computer name as below and check if the issue persists.

Here’s how to rename the computer on Windows 10:

• Click on the Search icon in the taskbar Search icon;
    • Search Rename this computer and click on the result;
    • Click Change;
    • Rename the computer and then click OK to save.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 12, 2019
  4. amd5750m Win User

rename inf

I have a 7670m 1gb driver crimson legacy, how to rename my 7670m (which in driver detects as 7600m) to 8670m?

I am something new in this I would appreciate it if you would give me all the steps since I am very interested

I use win 7

his is what I try to do but not rename these files

Does someone have a step for newbies?

this is more or less the idea in the link

16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

amd5750m, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

1. "This PC" renamed to "computer (1)" - Similar Threads - renamed computer

2. Edge Browser will not rename folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge Browser will not rename folder: I have posted about this problem before. So here goes again. I am in 1903 version, but it does not make a difference what version I am in, the edge browser cannot rename a folder and add a web site to that folder when I am in the "add favorites or reading list" This can't...
  3. Office 2016 - PST Deleted - 3 new PST files created - I want to rename

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 - PST Deleted - 3 new PST files created - I want to rename: I have Office 2016 Home and Business. I recently discovered on 7/2 that my 3 PST files for my 3 email accounts had been deleted. I lost all my contact email address and emails that were associated with Outlook. I had help from HP (bought computer from them) with creating new...
  4. Windows 10 v1809 known issue using Account CSP for renaming devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 v1809 known issue using Account CSP for renaming devices: When enrolling devices through Autopilot, you can create an Autopilot deployment profile and configure the “Apply device name template” setting to create a device name for Windows 10 1809 and higher devices at initial startup. [ATTACH] We’ve discovered a bug in this...
  5. This PC renamed to Computer (1) after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 News
    This PC renamed to Computer (1) after Windows 10 Update: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]There have been reports that the name This PC folder name was changed to computer (1) after upgrading to a newer build of Windows 10. This also got reflected on the Desktop icon, Windows Search results, every shortcut created, and [...] This post This PC...
  6. renamed file keep resetting it's name back when i move it to a different folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    renamed file keep resetting it's name back when i move it to a different folder: For example I start with two folders on the desktop "[group X(artist A)] sunset(tokyo)" and "picture gallery" and I do the following: 1. rename "[group X(artist A)] sunset(tokyo)" to "ArtistA - sunset" 2. drag a drop the "ArtistA - sunset" folder into the "picture gallery"...
  7. Rename start menu item Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rename start menu item Windows 10: I have installed different versions of an application but they all appear as "ABC application". How can I can name each one uniquely ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rename-start-menu-item-windows-10/db44fa34-1d71-4466-b7b9-94644bb88dc5
  8. Can't rename any folder (error 0x80004005)

Can't rename any folder (error 0x80004005): Hi, I recently ran into a problem. When I try to rename any folder on my drive or in an external USB, an error "0x80004005" pops up and says: 'An unexpected error is keeping you from renaming the folder. If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to...
  9. Unable to rename/delete folder in OneDrive that has name problems

Unable to rename/delete folder in OneDrive that has name problems: Hi all, I recently allowed the Windows update to v1903 and all looked OK, except I know have a c:\users\xxxxx.000 directory (where xxxxx is the user name). Anyway, while trying to ensure everything was OK with OneDrive, somehow I managed to create a directory call "desktop "...
  10. Computer Freezes if when renaming a file and the file is open.

Computer Freezes if when renaming a file and the file is open.: With my Windows 7 and renaming files, if I left the file open while renaming, windows would send a pop-up letting me know that it couldn't do it and then I would close the file and click "Try Again". Windows 10 doesn't give me a warning pop-up and just totally freezes my...