Windows 10: This PC takes forever to Populate (Display) Folders and Drives

Discus and support This PC takes forever to Populate (Display) Folders and Drives in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 20H2, (OS Build 19042.1110) When I open "This PC" no folders or drives display until the progress bar has reached the end or close to it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mb300e, Jul 16, 2021.

1. mb300e Win User

This PC takes forever to Populate (Display) Folders and Drives

Windows 10 20H2, (OS Build 19042.1110) When I open "This PC" no folders or drives display until the progress bar has reached the end or close to it. This can take several minutes. Is there something I need to fix or adjust to stop this happening?

:)

mb300e, Jul 16, 2021

2. This PC folder assignments.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to create all the folder you want to add to D drive and then mark them to show in libraries. You can pin it under Library in Windows file explorer by following the below given steps:

• Right click on desired folder that is to be displayed under library.
    • Click on show in Library and click on the folder under which it is to be displayed.
    Hope this answers your query. Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jul 16, 2021
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused This PC takes forever to Populate (Display) Folders and Drives :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well This PC takes forever to Populate (Display) Folders and Drives :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jul 16, 2021
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Jul 16, 2021
Thema:

1. This PC takes forever to Populate (Display) Folders and Drives - Similar Threads - takes forever Populate

2. creating a shared folder takes forever

in Windows 10 Gaming
    creating a shared folder takes forever: HiI am trying to create a shared network folder on one of our office PCs, but the process is taking forever. It is not complete yet and has taken 1 hour so far.How i did itcreate a new folderright click and go to properties and under sharing tab click shareThe i just click...
  3. creating a shared folder takes forever

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    creating a shared folder takes forever: HiI am trying to create a shared network folder on one of our office PCs, but the process is taking forever. It is not complete yet and has taken 1 hour so far.How i did itcreate a new folderright click and go to properties and under sharing tab click shareThe i just click...
  4. Downloads folder taking forever to load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads folder taking forever to load: Hello, I've been having a problem with my downloads folder ever since I got a new laptop.I've tried everything, I optimized it for general items, put it on read only, and the problem still occurs over and over....
  5. Downloads folder taking forever to load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads folder taking forever to load: Hello, I've been having a problem with my downloads folder ever since I got a new laptop.I've tried everything, I optimized it for general items, put it on read only, and the problem still occurs over and over....
  6. Downloads folder taking forever to load

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. This PC takes forever to Populate (Display) Folders and Drives

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    This PC takes forever to Populate (Display) Folders and Drives: Windows 10 20H2, (OS Build 19042.1110) When I open "This PC" no folders or drives display until the progress bar has reached the end or close to it. This can take several minutes. Is there something I need to fix or adjust to stop this happening? 182625
  8. Restoring PC is taking forever

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring PC is taking forever: I started a system restore yesterday at 5pm and it i still "finalizing file restore.". What do I do? This is taking way too long. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-pc-is-taking-forever/191c807f-d1ff-4bff-aaeb-9c99a03fac5b
  9. Pc taking forever to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc taking forever to load: Hey i need help i havent used my pc in about a month now im tryibg to use it and its stuck in the sign in/ put a pin/password and it wont go to the desktop screen if i am able to put a pin it taking forever loading and stop for some reason idk what to do...
  10. PC taking forever to boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC taking forever to boot.: My PC has been taking a long time to boot. Whenever I press the power button, the power light blinks and the loading screen appears as usual, but it remains for a long time(the dots circling screen). I have waited for apmost hours but it doesnt start. I have to firce atop it...