Windows 10: "This photo couldn't be displayed" when I try to open pictures on OneDrive

Discus and support "This photo couldn't be displayed" when I try to open pictures on OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Created September 20, 2019 by NATALIA1040 When I try to open these pictures on my One Drive,I get this error message.I just get this message on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NATALIA1040, Sep 21, 2019.

1. "This photo couldn't be displayed" when I try to open pictures on OneDrive

• Created September 20, 2019 by NATALIA1040

When I try to open these pictures on my One Drive,I get this error message.I just get this message on my Moto G7 Power, not on my pc .How do I delete these off my cell? It won't let you move them,open,or delete them.

"This photo couldn't be displayed" when I try to open pictures on OneDrive 4da6f863-7348-4574-9472-f12119124a78?upload=true.png

* Original title: error message

:)

NATALIA1040, Sep 21, 2019
  2. SagiSal Win User

OneDrive pictures display in Explorer

I am having difficulty viewing photos stored on OneDrive using Explorer in Windows 10 on my laptop. I can see them listed in 'Details' view but when I switch to any of the 'Icons' views they all display as the default image for a picture that is not possible
    to be displayed. 'Open with...' works fine but I want to see the images in Explorer when I am working with them. Thanks in advance for any help.

SagiSal, Sep 21, 2019
  3. wallace99 Win User
    Problem with location of Pictures library after making pictures available on OneDrive

Thanks Rhina

I did what you suggested but it ended up making OneDrive the Pictures library. This may have something to do with the way i originally moved the Pictures folders to OneDrive. I probably should explain:

Because there already was a (fairly empty) Pictures folder under OneDrive (automatically set up I think when transferring a few Ipad photos to PC via OneDrive) I had moved the top level Pictures folders into D/users/myname/OneDrive rather than moving
    the Pictures folder itself. This was probably a bit stupid but I subsequently moved the top level Pictures folders into that pre-existing Pictures folder on OneDrive and that's how we got to where we are today.

To continue after that diversion. Following the restore you suggested, the pictures folder under Libraries was still wrong but it looked a lot better ie it was no longer offering me a choice of locations for Pictures folders and, instead was just showing
    me all the top level folders for what it (wrongly) thought was the Pictures folder. But it was still not appearing directly under This PC.

My next step was to go into Properties option for Libraries/Pictures. Here I simply added the correct location D/users/myname/OneDrive/pictures and deleted the location D/users/myname/OneDrive which at that time was the current location.

So, on the Positive side:

• Libraries/Pictures now shows what I would expect ie my top level Pictures folders

But, on the negative side:

• Pictures still does not appear under This PC, unlike Documents, Videos, Music etc
    • in the Photos app, if I go to Folders option, it shows the folder as OneDrive, not OneDrive/Pictures even though, if i go into "choose where to look" it is correctly showing OneDrive/Pictures as the location. Obviously i can still get to the photos I need
      but it's an extra unnecessary step
    That's where i am currently.

wallace99, Sep 21, 2019
  4. "This photo couldn't be displayed" when I try to open pictures on OneDrive

Photo App displaying deleted folder pictures on Windows 10.

Hi Mike,

The above issue might have occur due to the following reasons:

• Photos stored on OneDrive
    • Duplicate of the picture file saved on the computer.
    • Corrupted/missing app files & folders.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Do you have duplicates of the deleted picture stored on the PC?
    • Have you stored the deleted picture folder on OneDrive?

If you have saved a copy of deleted picture folder on the computer, the photos will be displayed if
    Linked duplicates option is switched to On status in
    Photo app.

Method 1: Follow the steps below to disable
    Linked duplicates option from Photo app and check if the issue is resolved.

• Open Photo app and click on Settings or
      gear icon from the left bottom corner of the app window.
    • From the right side panel, check if Linked duplicates option is switched to
      On status. If yes, slide the bar to Off and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persists, run
    Windows apps troubleshooter to check if the any of the app files are missing or corrupted.

In many cases, the Windows Store will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, this tool can automatically identify and fix some problems
    with apps and the Store.

Write to us with the status of the Photo app displaying deleted pictures on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

"This photo couldn't be displayed" when I try to open pictures on OneDrive

1. "This photo couldn't be displayed" when I try to open pictures on OneDrive - Similar Threads - photo couldn't displayed

2. Pictures subfolder not shown in OneDrive Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pictures subfolder not shown in OneDrive Photos: Hi All!I've created subfolder in Pictures folder on OneDrive and put some photos there. But these photos are not visible neither in Photos OneDrive Web app, nor in Photos Windows app.All other subfolders in Pictures folder are shown in both places - in Photos app in Windows...
  3. First picture opens when I open other pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    First picture opens when I open other pictures: I have windows 11 on my laptop. When I want to open several pictures / photos consecutively, the first picture I opened pops up behind all the consecutive pictures I open afterwards. And it's getting on my nerves. It wasn't always like this. Any thoughts of how to disable...
  4. First picture opens when I open other pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    First picture opens when I open other pictures: I have windows 11 on my laptop. When I want to open several pictures / photos consecutively, the first picture I opened pops up behind all the consecutive pictures I open afterwards. And it's getting on my nerves. It wasn't always like this. Any thoughts of how to disable...
  5. Uploading pictures to OneDrive with Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uploading pictures to OneDrive with Photos app: Hello,I’m new here as used Mac most of my life, many things still not 100% clear. I’ve just noticed that Photos app on Windows 10 is logged in to OneDrive account. I just wondering, can it backup my photos from albums on it to the cloud? Or the only way is to upload photos...
  6. Uploading pictures to OneDrive with Photos app

Uploading pictures to OneDrive with Photos app: Hello,I’m new here as used Mac most of my life, many things still not 100% clear. I’ve just noticed that Photos app on Windows 10 is logged in to OneDrive account. I just wondering, can it backup my photos from albums on it to the cloud? Or the only way is to upload photos...
  7. OneDrive Photo Icons will not display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Photo Icons will not display: When I access my photos in my User Account>Pictures, the icons for my photos are thumbnails, a small version of the photo itself as it should be. However, when I access photos on my OneDrive from my Windows 10 Pro Desktop, the photos do not show up as thumbnails, but just...
  8. Photos app randomly hangs when opening a picture

Photos app randomly hangs when opening a picture: Since a week or so, when double-clicking any picture on my PC associated with the Photos app, the app sometimes starts blank and I can't do anything but close it. It then takes about 5 seconds before I can try and open the picture a 2nd time which then succeeds and the Photos...
  9. OneDrive Not Opening Photos

OneDrive Not Opening Photos: Hi all, I can not open most of my photos that I have saved in OneDrive. These are hidden photos, but when I click on them, nothing happens. Any ideas? Cheers....
  10. Onedrive Photos app runtimerbroker Pictures

Onedrive Photos app runtimerbroker Pictures: There is already a good post about it but it is locked and the solution doesn't satisfy me. Problem: Everytime OneDrive is starting up it adds the user folder "My Pictures" to the Location in the Photos app. The above solution was to uninstall the photos app via a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive the photo couldnt be displayed

2. one drive the photo could not be displayed

3. onedrive the photo couldnt be displayed android

4. onedrive the photo could not be displayed,
  5. the ohoto couldnt be displayed onedrive