Windows 10: This product is licensed to Windows User?

Discus and support This product is licensed to Windows User? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After upgrading to Windows 10 I was checking the version to compare to my other Win 10 computer and this is what I saw. Wondering why it says this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by bru, Jul 21, 2016.

1. BRU
    bru Win User

This product is licensed to Windows User?

After upgrading to Windows 10 I was checking the version to compare to my other Win 10 computer and this is what I saw. Wondering why it says this product is licensed to "Windows User"? On my other Windows 10 computer it shows my name first and then below it it says "Windows User". Like this:

Name
    Windows User

Why is my name not shown as the Windows user on this computer when it is shown on the other? I use a local account with my first name on both computers. And BTW both computers are the same version.

:)

2. cana---01 Win User

Is this product snobbery or is no one willing to help?

I'm sure someone must have a little bit of advice or guidance that they could give regarding an earlier post about a nokia 5800. Go on, give me a bit of help, please!

cana---01, Jul 21, 2016
  3. A few questions about licenses and product keys..

Hi Donutterz,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

No it will not tell the product key is already in use if you have upgraded windows 8 from same product key for one pc license because it is the product key which you used for upgrade of windows 10 from your windows 8 .

If you will use same product key to downgrade different system then it will show you " the product key is already in use" because it is the product key for one pc license.

I want to inform you can use a product key for one computer it depends on version of windows operating system and also license of operating system.

If you have OEM license then you will be able to use 1 product key only for 1 Pc which you bought from manufacturer.

If you are using volume license so you can use 1 product key in many computers.
    To know about licensing follow the below link:

Windows 10 Licensing | Microsoft Volume Licensing

Hope this helps.
    Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Jul 21, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Jul 21, 2016
  5. BRU
    bru Win User
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    I don't really know what determines if you get Windows User there or the first username of the first account you create. I have two computers both running build 14393 Insider Preview, 64-bit pro version. One computer says "John", the other computer says "Windows User". Both of these computers started with clean installs of Windows 10 performed by me and both of the first user accounts created on them were local accounts with the username "John".

NavyLCDR, Jul 21, 2016
  7. BRU
    bru Win User
    A Windows quirk no doubt. Not the first or last I will see I am sure. Thanks for your input. I'll have to rein in my OCD tendencies on this one and just live with the difference.

edit: misspelling.

Thema:

1. This product is licensed to Windows User? - Similar Threads - product licensed User

2. Why Licensed products become Unlicensed Product?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Licensed products become Unlicensed Product?: I downloaded all the Microsoft upates yesterday. Today, my licensed Microsoft Word and Excel all became unlicensed product and cannot be opened. What happened? My computer is running Windows 10. And My softwares are 2019....
  3. Why Licensed products become Unlicensed Product?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Licensed products become Unlicensed Product?: I downloaded all the Microsoft upates yesterday. Today, my licensed Microsoft Word and Excel all became unlicensed product and cannot be opened. What happened? My computer is running Windows 10. And My softwares are 2019....
  4. Why Licensed products become Unlicensed Product?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows License #/Digital Product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows License #/Digital Product key: Hello there,I have 2 different hard drives that have sentimental files on them I was asked by the owners to retrieve the files. However, both of them seem to require a windows update to be able to do anything with the files. I am only capable of accessing these drives by...
  6. Windows License #/Digital Product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows License #/Digital Product key: Hello there,I have 2 different hard drives that have sentimental files on them I was asked by the owners to retrieve the files. However, both of them seem to require a windows update to be able to do anything with the files. I am only capable of accessing these drives by...
  7. Windows License #/Digital Product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Licensing and product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Licensing and product key: Hey i have a question, if i download and install the windows 10 may 2019 update and install it, do i need a product key to continue the update process? My current windows version is Windows 10 Pro 1709....
  9. license product expired

license product expired: so first of all, im sorry im bad at english because english not my first language, here's my problem i bought the laptop second hand and im pretty sure that the person who sold it to me didnt gave me the box or anything and i cant find the activation code for my license...
  10. Windows 8/10 product licenses

Windows 8/10 product licenses: I have three copies of windows 8/8.1 and have installed them on three PC’s some time ago. Over time hardware has failed and been replaced as well as upgraded to windows 10, but only with two of the three licenses. I’m now replacing the third machine and I want to know how...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. liscenced to windows user?