Windows 10: "This Program Cannot be Run in DOS Mode" NOT a Windows exe

Discus and support "This Program Cannot be Run in DOS Mode" NOT a Windows exe in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to run Rise of the Robots and many other DOS games using DOSBox for the first time in a long time, but it keeps telling me "This Program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GSUser43, Nov 27, 2022.

1. GSUser43 Win User

"This Program Cannot be Run in DOS Mode" NOT a Windows exe

I'm trying to run Rise of the Robots and many other DOS games using DOSBox for the first time in a long time, but it keeps telling me "This Program Cannot be Run in DOS Mode" why?! What's pissing me off is that I was able to run them before but now for some reason I cannot.Just FYI, back then when I ran a DOS exe directly not from DOSBox, Windows used to give me a message in a blue box saying:This App Can’t Run on Your PCExactly like this:https://www.easeus.com/images/en/screenshot/todo-backup/guide/this-app-cant-run-on-your-pc.pngThe only DOS games that I can run now are the ones

:)

GSUser43, Nov 27, 2022

2. USB drive will not run exes.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you in solving the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if you have installed any Antivirus in the Laptop.

I suggest you to run the program in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persist.

• Right click on the “.exe” file of the program and select properties.
    • Under Compatibility tab, check the option for “Run in Compatibility mode”.
    • Select the Operating System from the drop down list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 27, 2022
  3. Expression screen capture not working with Win 10

Hi Scott,

I suggest that you run the program in the compatibility mode and check. Follow the steps :

Find the .exe that runs the program and then...

• Right click on the exe
    • Click on Properties
    • Click the Compatibility tab
    • Tick the box labelled Run this program in compatibility mode for
    • Select the version of Windows that this application was designed to run on

Check if the program now runs smoothly.

Vinod Archak, Nov 27, 2022
  4. "This Program Cannot be Run in DOS Mode" NOT a Windows exe

Windows 10 driver issue Asus tablet EEE Slate B121

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response.

I suggest that you install the drivers in the compatibility mode and check. Follow the below steps.

Find the file that installs the drivers and then...

• Right click on the exe
    • Click on Properties
    • Click the Compatibility tab
    • Tick the box labelled Run this program in compatibility mode for

• Select the version of Windows that this application was designed to run on

Vinod Archak, Nov 27, 2022
Thema:

"This Program Cannot be Run in DOS Mode" NOT a Windows exe

1. "This Program Cannot be Run in DOS Mode" NOT a Windows exe - Similar Threads - Program Cannot Run

2. My DOS program no longer will run.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My DOS program no longer will run.: My Dos program no longer run. On November 14, 2023 Microsoft changed "windows.system.launcher.dll". I need windows\system32\.\launcher.ini or its equivalent. How do I fix the problem?...
  3. My DOS program no longer will run.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My DOS program no longer will run.: My Dos program no longer run. On November 14, 2023 Microsoft changed "windows.system.launcher.dll". I need windows\system32\.\launcher.ini or its equivalent. How do I fix the problem?...
  4. My DOS program no longer will run.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. "This Program Cannot be Run in DOS Mode" NOT a Windows exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This Program Cannot be Run in DOS Mode" NOT a Windows exe: I'm trying to run Rise of the Robots and many other DOS games using DOSBox for the first time in a long time, but it keeps telling me "This Program Cannot be Run in DOS Mode" why?! What's pissing me off is that I was able to run them before but now for some reason I...
  6. Need assistance running DOS program on Win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need assistance running DOS program on Win10: Good morning, I have an old DOS test scoring program that I need to run on my Win10 (64bit) computer. Obviously, it doesn't work. I will also need it to print the test results. Is there an easy way to run DOS on Win10? Obviously, when I try and run it, I am unable to. I...
  7. Cannot run any exe files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot run any exe files: Today I found that I cannot run any exe files, including cmd, regedit, task manager, chrome, whatever (but I can open chrome by html document, or similarly adobe reader by pdf). I installed a 7zip yesterday, don't know if that caused the problem but anyway I cannot uninstall...
  8. running DOS as ADMIN

in Windows 10 Support
    running DOS as ADMIN: I would like to run a command (schtasks) that requires ADMIN privileges. I added schtasks to a bat file (along with my other DOS commands that do not require ADMIN priviliges), right-clicked its shortcut and chose the RUN AS ADMIN option. A DOS screen appeared for a...
  9. dos mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    dos mode: what is dos mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dos-mode/497e0d4c-af80-41ad-b61a-6e923e8e9f80
  10. Cannot Run An .Exe file

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Run An .Exe file: I've got maybe two problems: . I put the .exe file folder in the system path but still get a 'file not found' error when it is called from another prog. and that should have been foolproof because I used the 'browse' thing. So that's maybe a problem with the path thing. ....