Windows 10: "This program is blocked by group policy" 0x800704ec

Discus and support "This program is blocked by group policy" 0x800704ec in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I can open the microsoft store just fine, but if I try to sign in this happens. This also happened when I was already signed in but signed out because... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by NoahM_, Aug 30, 2019.

1. NoahM_ Win User

"This program is blocked by group policy" 0x800704ec

I can open the microsoft store just fine, but if I try to sign in this happens. This also happened when I was already signed in but signed out because I was trying to fix the problem.

"This program is blocked by group policy" 0x800704ec [​IMG]

So far I have tried:

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\

Change RemoveWindowsStore 1 to 0

These have not worked. Recently I visited the IRL MS Store to get them to reset my system as it bugged out when I reset it and possibly this occurred from this being an offline account that was switched to online.

:)

NoahM_, Aug 30, 2019

2. windows defender-- this program is blocked by group policy (errer code: 0x800704ec)

when windows defender are open it sayes this program is turned off ,blocked by group policy (errer code: 0x800704ec)

VinitMeshram, Aug 30, 2019
  3. group policy blocking programs

Hi,

I'm currently trying to reinstall internet protocol (TCP/IP) Tunnels, but an error message indicates that group policy is blocking the program. I have already tried to manually find the policy in question but was unsuccessful. I have also tried to disable
    the group policy program overall thru both the command prompt and registry editor (regedit). The problem still persists and I have no clue what to try next. Anyone have ideas?

GeronimoAwesomeness, Aug 30, 2019
  4. sasha777 Win User

Which apps got blocked by group policy?

Hi. On Windows 10 Pro, I'm using group policy for non-admins to allow only specified programs ("Run only specified Windows applications"). But how to get a list of programs that got blocked by the group policy? I tried to see that in Event Viewer, Process Explorer and Process Monitor (from SysInternals), but they don't seem to help, or I don't know what to look for. Please help, thanks a lot.

sasha777, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

1. "This program is blocked by group policy" 0x800704ec - Similar Threads - program blocked group

2. Setup blocked by group policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setup blocked by group policy: My keyboard cannot install. It work before but after i update to 1903 version this glitch happen.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setup-blocked-by-group-policy/2e7d04db-dff6-4e15-96f6-cb9cd28bee8f
  3. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Group Policy: Is Notify For Download And Notify For Install still available? If not, should I change to Notify for Download and Auto Install or the other way around? 139897
  4. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group Policy: Hi, I have Windows 10 Home 1803. I need to install a software (Xprotect Essentials+) which fails with the message on enabling "specify settings for optional component installation and component repair" and WSUS in Group Policy. I figured that gpedit was missing, so I...
  5. Which apps got blocked by group policy?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which apps got blocked by group policy?: Hi. On Windows 10 Pro, I'm using group policy for non-admins to allow only specified programs ("Run only specified Windows applications"). But how to get a list of programs that got blocked by the group policy? I tried to see that in Event Viewer, Process Explorer and Process...
  6. Which apps got blocked by group policy?

in Windows 10 Support
    Which apps got blocked by group policy?: Hi. On Windows 10 Pro, I'm using group policy for non-admins to allow only specified programs ("Run only specified Windows applications"). But how to get a list of programs that got blocked by the group policy? I tried to see that in Event Viewer, Process Explorer and Process...
  7. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Group Policy: A user accidentally moved a group of domain computers out of the tree. In the mean time users started logging in. During this time the Group Policy was being pushed, but no users received it. Once the computers group was placed back in the tree and gpupdate enforced, all...
  8. blocked by group policy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    blocked by group policy: hello! Im trying to get hyper-v working but when im trying to enable hyper v network switch on the network adapter im getting: ''blocked by group policy''. I upgradeded windows 7 to window 10 yesterday and its my private computer, anyone who had the same error? 29576
  9. Group policy :/

in Windows 10 Support
    Group policy :/: Thanks to @topgundcp Update W-10 manually Which got me piddling around with the whole group/ user policy crap I have found to get rid of the silly lock screen at startup *Party Did think I got rid of some of the annoying web search from the search but seems the new...
  10. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy: Hello. I have just had a virus that disabled My Firewall through Group edit. Problem is, I don't have group edit. With the store being broken, its bad. Any suggestions. 43965

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant sign in to microsoft store 0x800704ec

2. cant sign in microsoft account 0x800704ec

3. 0x800704ec group policy

4. cant sign in with a microsoft account 0x800704ec