Windows 10: "This program is blocked by group policy" 0x800704ec

Discus and support "This program is blocked by group policy" 0x800704ec in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I can open the microsoft store just fine, but if I try to sign in this happens. This also happened when I was already signed in but signed out because... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by NoahM_, Aug 30, 2019.

1. NoahM_ Win User

"This program is blocked by group policy" 0x800704ec

I can open the microsoft store just fine, but if I try to sign in this happens. This also happened when I was already signed in but signed out because I was trying to fix the problem.

"This program is blocked by group policy" 0x800704ec [​IMG]

So far I have tried:

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\

Change RemoveWindowsStore 1 to 0

These have not worked. Recently I visited the IRL MS Store to get them to reset my system as it bugged out when I reset it and possibly this occurred from this being an offline account that was switched to online.

:)

NoahM_, Aug 30, 2019

2. windows defender-- this program is blocked by group policy (errer code: 0x800704ec)

when windows defender are open it sayes this program is turned off ,blocked by group policy (errer code: 0x800704ec)

VinitMeshram, Aug 30, 2019
  3. group policy blocking programs

Hi,

I'm currently trying to reinstall internet protocol (TCP/IP) Tunnels, but an error message indicates that group policy is blocking the program. I have already tried to manually find the policy in question but was unsuccessful. I have also tried to disable
    the group policy program overall thru both the command prompt and registry editor (regedit). The problem still persists and I have no clue what to try next. Anyone have ideas?

GeronimoAwesomeness, Aug 30, 2019
  4. sasha777 Win User

Which apps got blocked by group policy?

Hi. On Windows 10 Pro, I'm using group policy for non-admins to allow only specified programs ("Run only specified Windows applications"). But how to get a list of programs that got blocked by the group policy? I tried to see that in Event Viewer, Process Explorer and Process Monitor (from SysInternals), but they don't seem to help, or I don't know what to look for. Please help, thanks a lot.

sasha777, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

1. "This program is blocked by group policy" 0x800704ec - Similar Threads - program blocked group

2. Setup blocked by group policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setup blocked by group policy: I tried to connect my phone and my drawing tablet to my laptop running Windows 11 but it just says "setup blocked by group policy".It might have something to do with gpedit.msc but in my defense, that was the only way I knew how to disable my laptop keyboard. How to fix this?...
  3. Setup blocked by group policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setup blocked by group policy: I tried to connect my phone and my drawing tablet to my laptop running Windows 11 but it just says "setup blocked by group policy".It might have something to do with gpedit.msc but in my defense, that was the only way I knew how to disable my laptop keyboard. How to fix this?...
  4. This program is blocked by group policy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This program is blocked by group policy: Whenever I try to sign in to the Microsoft store I get the message above I don’t know what caused it but I think it had something to do with my work account being on my pc but I can’t remove it settings is apparently blocked until I activate windows but I can’t do that...
  5. Installation is blocked by group policy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installation is blocked by group policy: Hello everyone! I've plugged in a Keyboard to my computer and found out that it wasn't working properly, none of the keys were reacting when I pressed them. When I went to Settings - Devices, I've found out that under the keyboard there was a message saying "Installation is...
  6. Installation is blocked by Group Policy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Installation is blocked by Group Policy: Recently I buyed new keyboard, but when I connect it to my PC, it doesn´t respond. I looked to settings>devices, where it writes: Installation is blocked by Group Policy....
  7. Setup blocked by group policy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Setup blocked by group policy: My pc is giving me a message that it needs troubleshooting. I get the following: "Status: Setup blocked by group policy." When I try to print a document I get the message: "Could noet start printer. Check printer configuration." How can I fix this?...
  8. this program is blocked by group policy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    this program is blocked by group policy: code error 0x800704ec this program is blocked by group policy, for more information contact your system administrator First of all, I want to know which is the damn one the group policy ? Is it a virus ? Is it one of the pages which track computer of people ?...
  9. Setup blocked by group policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setup blocked by group policy: My keyboard cannot install. It work before but after i update to 1903 version this glitch happen.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setup-blocked-by-group-policy/2e7d04db-dff6-4e15-96f6-cb9cd28bee8f
  10. blocked by group policy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    blocked by group policy: hello! Im trying to get hyper-v working but when im trying to enable hyper v network switch on the network adapter im getting: ''blocked by group policy''. I upgradeded windows 7 to window 10 yesterday and its my private computer, anyone who had the same error? 29576

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant sign in with a microsoft account 0x800704ec

2. this program is blocked by group policy 0x800704ec

3. Cant sign in with microsoft account 0x800704ec

4. cant sign in with a microsoft account group policy 0x800704ec,
  5. 0x800704ec group policy,
  6. gpo blocked microsoft account 800704ec,
  7. Blocked by Group Policy 0X800704EC - cant sign in to ms account - Blocked by Group Policy,
  8. cant sign in with a microsoft account. this program is blocked by group policy,
  9. microsoft store is blocked 0x800704EC,
  10. 0x800704ec store blocked,
  11. windows store 0x800704EC,
  12. 0x800704ec windows store,
  13. win 10 clickonce HRESULT: 0x800704EC this program is blocked by a group policy logging,
  14. win 10 this program is blocked by group policy,
  15. microsoft store blocked 0x800704ec regedit