Windows 10: this question has been asked on microsoft, reddit, and the list goes on----how do i remove...

Discus and support this question has been asked on microsoft, reddit, and the list goes on----how do i remove... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; this question has been asked on microsoft, reddit, and the list goes on----how do i remove all notifications, snap assist, taskview, charms, focus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jc0732, Apr 15, 2020.

1. jc0732 Win User

this question has been asked on microsoft, reddit, and the list goes on----how do i remove...

this question has been asked on microsoft, reddit, and the list goes on----how do i remove all notifications, snap assist, taskview, charms, focus assist, or any features that annoy me? this is windows 10 home 64 bit! i've removed many of them and/or disabled and shut them off, yet at least two keep annoying me! i keep getting snap assist even when i've used regedit, gpedit.msc, microsoft's system feature, and third party software to remove or control it! i, also, keep getting notifications even when doing the same things to disable all other features! i miss windows 7 because i had more control over it! i wonder if my perixx peripad mouse could be partly to blame since the annoyances only occur when using the touchpad mouse? could mouse gestures be turned off if this mouse uses only microsoft's drivers to run it? there is no control panel option for the mouse gestures, only basic controls! i think microsoft should create a control panel option that would let me turn off all features that i want to completely and permanently turn off without erratic behavior!

:)

jc0732, Apr 15, 2020

2. how to ask questions in microsoft forum

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

Please share these details.

• What is the exact issue you are facing with windows?

I would request you to provide us the proper description of the issue so that we can help you in best possible way.

As your question does not contain all the required information needed for us to help you.

I suggest you to Refer the link on how to ask questions or help on Forums.

Suggestions for asking a question on help forums:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

Kindly post back with the updated information of the issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Apr 15, 2020
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Apr 15, 2020
  4. this question has been asked on microsoft, reddit, and the list goes on----how do i remove...

Unable to remove my microsoft account from a linked pc

Hi Dave,

To help you with your concern in deleting your Microsoft account from a device, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Have you tried deleting your Microsoft account directly from the old laptop?
    • How did you go about removing the account from the old laptop?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you create a new local account with admin rights first, then remove the current Microsoft account by following the steps on this

article

We look forward to your response.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

this question has been asked on microsoft, reddit, and the list goes on----how do i remove...

1. this question has been asked on microsoft, reddit, and the list goes on----how do i remove... - Similar Threads - question has been

2. I don't even know how to ask the question.... my computer has been hijacked by a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't even know how to ask the question.... my computer has been hijacked by a...: I can get into recovery environment, reformat the entire hard drive, but the directory labeled X:\Windows\SYSTEM32\> is write protected and I have been unable to fix the changes that were made there. It is obviously where the kit has taken root. I'm not even sure I have...
  3. I don't even know how to ask the question.... my computer has been hijacked by a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't even know how to ask the question.... my computer has been hijacked by a...: I can get into recovery environment, reformat the entire hard drive, but the directory labeled X:\Windows\SYSTEM32\> is write protected and I have been unable to fix the changes that were made there. It is obviously where the kit has taken root. I'm not even sure I have...
  4. How do I answer a question that has been locked that shouldn't have been locked, so that I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I answer a question that has been locked that shouldn't have been locked, so that I...: How do I answer a question that has been locked that shouldn't have been locked, so that I can ensure the answer is in the threat to help people?This question asks how to mute microsoft to do...
  5. How do I answer a question that has been locked that shouldn't have been locked, so that I...

How do I answer a question that has been locked that shouldn't have been locked, so that I...: How do I answer a question that has been locked that shouldn't have been locked, so that I can ensure the answer is in the threat to help people?This question asks how to mute microsoft to do...
  6. my frds Microsoft account for asking question has been blocked. why?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    my frds Microsoft account for asking question has been blocked. why?: why and how can he recover it.....all other things are working like mail and calendar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-frds-microsoft-account-for-asking-question-has/2b55b404-4a32-4f62-95e9-e54f878c80f4
  7. How Do I Remove All Apps List?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How Do I Remove All Apps List?: So, As you can see in the video... I want to clean up the start menu but this \"thing\" is quite annoying me... I am so close to giving up on getting rid of it... I have tried to look on YouTube for something that works but nadda. So now I am asking Reddit... Open to...
  8. HOW TO STOP COMMENTS ON A QUESTION I ASKED ON MICROSOFT?

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW TO STOP COMMENTS ON A QUESTION I ASKED ON MICROSOFT?: Hello, In the past when I asked a question for a resolution on Microsoft, I was able to stop the comments because either the question had been resolved or I couldn't resolve the issue. So now I cannot find the stop comments section under my account. Can...
  9. How to remove a service that has been uninstalled

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove a service that has been uninstalled: There is a service that is still visible even thought the program is uninstalled. Not only is it visible in services but it can be found using this command. sc queryex type= service state= all | find /i "wonder" However, when I try to delete, it says it's not installed....
  10. How do I remove items in the "Open With" list?

How do I remove items in the "Open With" list?: I just received my new Laptop/Tablet with Windows 10. I'm not really liking Windows 10 at this point. Anyway I've been installing my programs for a couple of days and downloaded one that auto defaulted to opening in Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer is the wrong program...