Windows 10: This question is about, "All Files" or "All supported files"

Discus and support This question is about, "All Files" or "All supported files" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ok, let me set this up the best I can.. I'm getting ready to send an email, I hit the picture Icon, I go to upload it takes me to a page. At the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JosephJacques2, Dec 3, 2019.

1. This question is about, "All Files" or "All supported files"

Ok, let me set this up the best I can..

I'm getting ready to send an email, I hit the picture Icon, I go to upload it takes me to a page.

At the bottom right it has some options: It gives me seven options to choose from.

From the top down

1. All Files

2. All supported Files

3. image jpeg

4. image gif

5. image bmp

6. image png

7. WebP image

How do I set it to, "All files" as my default?

:)

JosephJacques2, Dec 3, 2019
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Identical File Finder

@Ford
    I don't think that step #3 is even needed. The probabiliy of two MD5 hashes from differing files colliding is what, 2^-128 ?
    Even if your were hashing a million files the odds of a hash collision on differing files is astronomically small.

Kreij, Dec 3, 2019
  4. AM*
    Am* Win User

This question is about, "All Files" or "All supported files"

Uber file server build -- suggestions

Uber file server build -- suggestions?

I'm currently in the process of buying stuff for my file server build. Going to try and keep this build all in one thread this time.

Stuff already bought:

• Motherboard (socket 1155 H61)
      RAM (1600MHz)
      PCI SATA cards
      Operating System (Windows 8 + FreeNAS)
      SSD
      CPU (35w Pentium Ivybridge 2.6GHz)
    Looking for suggestions on:

• GPU -- use the on-die GPU or buy a PCI-E graphics card (was thinking of a 7750)? My only requirement is that it is able to run 1080p mkv files and play Blurays without a problem.
      Case -- needs to hold as many 3.5" drives as humanly possible (more than 10 at least), while not being too expensive
      PSU -- needs to be able to run over 40 SATA HDDs as well as 6xPCI RAID cards and 1xPCI-E 2.0 RAID card. Silver, Gold or Platinum?
      CPU Cooler -- fanless or not?
      Case fans
    That's all I can think of for now...unless I'm forgetting something...oh and one more thing -- I will be buying the hard drives two at a time as I run out of space. Also the PCI-E RAID card will be bought a lot later down the line, as I've only just got enough hard drives for 1 out of 6 of my PCI SATA cards.

Any suggestions, feel free to post. Thanks

Thema:

This question is about, "All Files" or "All supported files"

1. This question is about, "All Files" or "All supported files" - Similar Threads - question Files supported

2. Question about sorting files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question about sorting files: So over the years I have took a ton of photos but I have been lazy and never sorted them so they are all on my PC mixed up anyway I am sorting them now but as I click each file while Ctrl to pick multiple at times the PC starts copying the selected files which is making this...
  3. a question about a PhotosApp file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    a question about a PhotosApp file: i found a file after searching “photos” in my file explorer and found a file called PhotosApp. it’s an .etl file and was created on the 5th of april this year. what is it? do i need to be concerned? i’m concerned it’s my personal photos from my iphone because i plugged my...
  4. Question About a File in Windows

Question About a File in Windows: I Found A file in C/users/<username>/appdata/local named recently-used.xbel Whats This Can u please tell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-a-file-in-windows/e9500079-af96-4dda-88a4-0483da26e62c
  5. Question about File History

Question about File History: I have recently started using File History. It works well, in the background, with no problems. I have recovered files, also with no problems. I have a very large folder 138 GB which it skips, even though it's on the list of files to back up. Is there any limitation to...
  6. Setting program as default for all supported file types?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting program as default for all supported file types?: [ATTACH] I'd like to use MPC-HC as the default handler for all of the file types that it supports. Is there a way to do this without going through every extension under it's "Set defaults by app" entry? If I set it as the default for video and audio under "Default apps"...
  7. File Permissions for all files

File Permissions for all files: I'm running windows 10. I am tired of a) files that I know are on my computer not showing up in searches and b) being denied permission to access or change the contents of files. What is the quickest way to give me (and the search function in Windows 10) access to every...
  8. A question about the prefetch files

in Windows 10 Support
    A question about the prefetch files: What happens when you remove the prefetch files? Does this cause the system to stop? 94945
  9. Question about dump files

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about dump files: Hi , is there does anyone knows how can i translate my sistem information and dump files to english ? I'm trying to fix these BSOD problems im having but i cant get the help i need because my information is in spanish sadly. If anyone could lend me a hand i would...
  10. Question about file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about file explorer: Have recently opgraded from Windows 7 to windows 10. Most works fine, except the new file explorer. When I open a map, in the navigation panel on the left side, I have a list of maps, files, quick access, libraries, network links, recent maps and files etc etc. What I...