Windows 10: This random icon appeared on my work computer, any clue what it is? Hovering over says "no...

Discus and support This random icon appeared on my work computer, any clue what it is? Hovering over says "no... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/kgreentree [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kgreentree, Dec 4, 2019.

1. This random icon appeared on my work computer, any clue what it is? Hovering over says "no...

/u/kgreentree, Dec 4, 2019

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Dec 4, 2019
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Dec 4, 2019
  4. donwb Win User

This random icon appeared on my work computer, any clue what it is? Hovering over says "no...

Color Changes to mouse hover

Hi Dick

Tried the icon cache reset, it did reset, but so far I didn't detect any change.

I looked at your step recording. What's interesting is that your taskbar does show a loudspeaker icon, apparently even when you're not hovering over it. Then when you click on it you get the vertical slider picture. I get that but by clicking on an empty box. For me, the same is true for the other missing icon - "new notifications"

In your other picture of the mouse over the power icon, I get that just the same, but when I move the mouse down to the first option - Sleep - it is replaced by a black rectangle.

I'll live with these for the time being.

I will try MCBUILDER.exe and report the results later.

.....then I'd have to consider the Spitfires.......

Many thanks
    Don

donwb, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

This random icon appeared on my work computer, any clue what it is? Hovering over says "no...

1. This random icon appeared on my work computer, any clue what it is? Hovering over says "no... - Similar Threads - random icon appeared

2. Help. These Icons keep appearing and if I hover over them with my mouse they dissappear....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help. These Icons keep appearing and if I hover over them with my mouse they dissappear....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CollectionHelpful205 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1bnkh0t/help_these_icons_keep_appearing_and_if_i_hover/
  3. lag time hovering over desktop icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lag time hovering over desktop icon: when my windows 11 laptop wakes up, sometimes there is a lag time until desktop icon highlights when hovering with mouse. this occurs with either chrome or edge icon. i already ran the dism.exc three command procedue plus scanow. any ideas. i'm using a wireless mouse....
  4. There is an Icon that appeared in my hidden icons tab and it disappears when I hover over...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is an Icon that appeared in my hidden icons tab and it disappears when I hover over...: What is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-an-icon-that-appeared-in-my-hidden-icons/01375cd1-e38f-4371-b396-0a976ce43fcd
  5. There is an Icon that appeared in my hidden icons tab and it disappears when I hover over...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is an Icon that appeared in my hidden icons tab and it disappears when I hover over...: What is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-an-icon-that-appeared-in-my-hidden-icons/01375cd1-e38f-4371-b396-0a976ce43fcd
  6. There is an Icon that appeared in my hidden icons tab and it disappears when I hover over...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. When I hover over the battery icon it says, "No Battery is detected".

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When I hover over the battery icon it says, "No Battery is detected".: So, recently I was doing my work and my little nephew was mad at me and he saw my laptop in front of me and smacked his hand over the keyboard. All of a sudden, the video which I was watching just hanged and made *beep beep* sounds. In short, the LAPTOP was hanged, neither I...
  8. Hover over icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hover over icon: [ATTACH] How do i stop this from happening everytime i drag the mouse over an icon? It even stays like that even if im not hovering over it, i need to click for it to disipear....
  9. This icon next to my drive, any clues how to fix it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This icon next to my drive, any clues how to fix it?: This appeared today, clicking on it does nothing, i have started a sfc /scannow scan, it's still running, any ideas on what does the icon mean and how do i fix it? It fully dissapeared from this page too. Please help. https://gyazo.com/f91978dac5752f78e4c20ddd981ab2e8...
  10. Hovering over icons in any program wont enlarge the text but creates random colors instead....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hovering over icons in any program wont enlarge the text but creates random colors instead....: Two days ago I noticed I was on youtube and one of the titles was too long for me to read, so instinctively I put my cursor on the link and held it there and normally it would show the full name of the video. Instead i was greeted with a box of pink. This same thing happens...