Windows 10: This scam is STILL doing the rounds

Discus and support This scam is STILL doing the rounds in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there I can't believe this but people are still getting scammed by this old perennial scam. Unsolicited phone call says something like this "Due to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jimbo45, Oct 31, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

This scam is STILL doing the rounds

Hi there
    I can't believe this but people are still getting scammed by this old perennial scam.

Unsolicited phone call says something like this "Due to illegal activity your ISP will disconnect your Internet in the next 48 hours --please press XX ...... etc etc"

Once you've pressed XX or whatever -- you've given away "The keys to the kingdom".

If you WERE doing illegal detectable activities the ISP would contact you directly -- either by email or by "Snail Mail" or both and at least have details of your account -- or if they did phone it would be a direct verifiable call from the ISP and not an unsolicited unidentified caller one.

I'm still amazed how so many people get scammed by these really obvious ones-- remember "The price of Education might be expensive -- but the price of ignorance is Astronomical"

Please guys here don't get scammed -- whatever the scam is and if you hear of other ones doing the rounds do post details.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Oct 31, 2019
  2. Jsssssssss, Oct 31, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 31, 2019
  4. Smeed Win User

Smeed, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

1. This scam is STILL doing the rounds - Similar Threads - scam STILL doing

2. How do I get Freecell to play the game without going round and round with the starting of a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get Freecell to play the game without going round and round with the starting of a...: When it is loading, it shows the ad for a new game. The clock ticks down and the "x" shows, but when I click it, it starts the loading all over again. What is wrong? So far it does not ever get to a new Freecell game. I deleted the app, and the went to Microsoft and had it...
  3. How do I get Freecell to play the game without going round and round with the starting of a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get Freecell to play the game without going round and round with the starting of a...: When it is loading, it shows the ad for a new game. The clock ticks down and the "x" shows, but when I click it, it starts the loading all over again. What is wrong? So far it does not ever get to a new Freecell game. I deleted the app, and the went to Microsoft and had it...
  4. Rounded Corners

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rounded Corners: Is there a setting I am missing somewhere to bring back the beautiful square corners that fit so well on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rounded-corners/70f7f75d-b361-4b00-b5db-68f85cfabdaf
  5. Rounded Corners

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rounded Corners: Is there a setting I am missing somewhere to bring back the beautiful square corners that fit so well on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rounded-corners/70f7f75d-b361-4b00-b5db-68f85cfabdaf
  6. Round Corners

in Windows 10 Customization
    Round Corners: Please help me, I wanna know how should I add round corners to every windowi.e. app I open. Kinda like the windows XP style, I guess Regards Dhruv https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/round-corners/33c9a4cf-ea6c-4c21-b011-a482cfb73307
  7. Round corners

in Windows 10 Customization
    Round corners: I tried to make my window corners look rounded by enabling immersive search in registry editor but the changes didn't appear, and my windows version is 1909. Any help please?...
  8. Round Corner?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Round Corner?: I know it sounds weird, but is there any tools that make rounded screen corner on windows? I'm using a windows pad, the pad itself is rounded but the screen is sharp square, so I'm wondering if I could make this rounded. submitted by /u/ProgUn1corn [link] [comments]...
  9. Round Edges

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Round Edges: Hello, I want to have round edges, and a smoother UI than what windows has now, can I download anything to make this possible? submitted by /u/etewete115 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f5ykkw/round_edges/
  10. Microsoft support scam still in danger?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft support scam still in danger?: Hello. I accidentally entered in a website that took me to an alert page, wherein a false number was given to microsoft. I called the number. The voice on the other end directed me to hold down the 'r' key while pressing control. He then told me to enter something like...