Windows 10: This search bar won’t go away I need help with that

Discus and support This search bar won’t go away I need help with that in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sunshine-the-wolf [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sunshine-the-wolf, Jul 10, 2020.

1. This search bar won’t go away I need help with that

/u/Sunshine-the-wolf, Jul 10, 2020

2. Please i need help my start button and the search bar is not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to find the best possible resolution to your problem.

Method 1:

Start button not working

This issue can be fixed by Windows Updates.Please refer to the suggestions by Sharath Srinivasa replied on January 23, 2015 in the link given below.

Start menu doesn’t appear

Method 2:

For search bar not working.

This could be due to some issues with the “Windows Search” service on the computer and due to which Windows is not able to start this service. Let me know, which troubleshooter you ran to find the root cause of the issue. Is it the “Search and Indexing”
    Troubleshooter? If yes, did you try the suggestions given by the troubleshooter and check if that helps?

If you haven’t tried the “Search and Indexing” Troubleshooter, then I would suggest you to try that first and let’s know the details. You may also try its suggestions and check the status.

Run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 8.1 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Windows Search and Indexing settings. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Search and Indexing”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If that doesn’t help, then check the status of the “Windows Search” service from the Service Console. Please follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Logo” + “R” keys on the keyboard to open the “Run” command box.
    • Type “Services.msc” in the “Run” command box and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Services” window, search for the Windows Search service, right click on it and the click on “Properties” from its context menu.
    • In the properties window, check if the service is started, if not click on “Start”.
    • Also, make sure that the “Startup Type” is set as “Automatic”.
    • Click on “Apply” and then “OK”.
    • Now, check if the issue still persists.
    You can also refer to the suggestion by Paulsey from the following link and check if it helps.

Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need help.

Regards,

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Removing a search Bar

Hi Dave,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did it appear after performing any particular function?

You may try to uninstall the search bar and check if it helps. To uninstall the
    search bar follow these steps:

• Right-click on
      Start Button and click on Programs and Features.

• Right-click on the
      search bar and click on Uninstall.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jul 10, 2020
  4. This search bar won’t go away I need help with that

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

This search bar won’t go away I need help with that

1. This search bar won’t go away I need help with that - Similar Threads - search bar won’t

2. Random window on my desktop screen that won’t go away. Please help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random window on my desktop screen that won’t go away. Please help!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MrNightmare_999 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/17it1at/random_window_on_my_desktop_screen_that_wont_go/
  3. Search tab on desktop won’t go away.

Search tab on desktop won’t go away.: Hi everyone I’m having trouble trying to make this search tab on my home screen go away. I heard that this is the cause of an application called Chromium and I deleted it and it still won’t go away. I tried to get it back from the recycle bin and when I went to go to task...
  4. Media bar will not go away

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media bar will not go away: Hello, I've been trying to watch movies on my laptop but the gigantic media bar which shows volume and what you're playing next to it will not go away. Literally as its starting to fade away, it will immediately come back.It tends to happen during loud scenes which seems to...
  5. Machine check exception won’t go away

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Machine check exception won’t go away: I have been dealing woth thus error for quite some timr now and I have finally reached my breaking point with this. Everytine i start up my computer everything is fine and then wait a couple mintues and blue screen with this error code MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION I cannot stand...
  6. Sound bar that won't go away.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound bar that won't go away.: Several months ago I ran an update and ended up with a sound bar on the top left and middle of my screen. For months, I have been unplugging my mouse and keyboard as I restart my machine and magically this has worked, however, now it doesn't. I am not computer savvy,...
  7. The task bar and exit options won’t go away

The task bar and exit options won’t go away: So yesterday I deleted and re downloaded modern warfare because or something I won’t go into now. But ever since I started playing again the taskbar and the exit button won’t go away. This never happened the first time and I have not even opened setting since deleting it...
  8. task bar will not go away when i go to a different program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    task bar will not go away when i go to a different program: task bar will not go away when I go to a different program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-will-not-go-away-when-i-go-to-a-different/b35aceb4-4b15-45ce-b44e-4a79ac0a007f
  9. I Need help with my search bar

in Cortana
    I Need help with my search bar: The search bar was working fine for a long time but i don't know why it doesn't anymore . When i try to search anything nothing happens just some purple dots on the top moving really fast and nothing else shows up pls help me this is driving me crazy !! Thanks!...
  10. the volume bar does not go away

in Windows 10 Customization
    the volume bar does not go away: so this has benn like this sice the beggining i think but i just noticed it now [ATTACH] and i it does not go away https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-volume-bar-does-not-go-away/070c5aa1-152c-4c83-acf1-6905f845c923