Windows 10: "This security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object", when trying to create...

Discus and support "This security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object", when trying to create... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I, and a couple of other members in our IT Team who are in the "Domain Administrators" group in active directory have been trying unsuccessfully... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Harvey Rodgers, Sep 17, 2019.

1. "This security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object", when trying to create...

Hi,

I, and a couple of other members in our IT Team who are in the "Domain Administrators" group in active directory have been trying unsuccessfully to create a new GPO in the GPMC.

Delegation is set to allow Domain Admins to create a new GPO, but whenever we try, we're met with the message above; "This security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object".

I've also tried to create a GPO using the default "Administrator" account on the Domain - unfortunately to no avail.

I've searched through multiple forums already, and have yet to find a solution.

Any help with this issue is thoroughly appreciated.

Thanks,

Harvey

:)

Harvey Rodgers, Sep 17, 2019
  2. ingrani Win User

Another "failed to enumerate objects in the container" problem.

I am trying to do the same thing as Dev1anc3 and had a go at Isha Soni's instructions.

At step 3 I typed

C:\WINDOWS\system32> takeown /f \\WDCLOUD\Public /r /d y

and get the response

ERROR: This security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object.

Please can you tell me why that is and what I can do about it?

ingrani, Sep 17, 2019
  3. ddelo Win User
    Robocopy syntax doesn't work in my batch file anymore

It seems that the destination file permissions cannot be set by your account.

I would suggest two options:
    1. Check this: This security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object. or
    2. Add the /B switch (to run in Backup mode)

ddelo, Sep 17, 2019
  4. "This security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object", when trying to create...

Unusual Behaviour while running Windows 10 update

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response.

This could have been a permission issue. I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the file.

• Click on “Properties” on the right click menu.

• Click on “Security” tab.

• Click on “Advanced” button at the bottom.

• In Advanced Security Dialog window, click on “Owner” tab.

• Here you will be able to see current owner (i.e. Trusted Installer).

• To take ownership of the object, click on the Edit button. Give permission to UAC. Then highlight the user name in the “Change owner to” box that you want to assign as the owner for the object. Click “OK” to finish the process.

• Back in Advanced Security Settings window, you will see the current owner has changed to the user you just selected.

• Click “OK” button to exit this window.

• Click “OK” again to exit completely from the Properties window.

• Repeat step 1 to 4 to open the object’s Properties window again.

• Back in object’s Properties window, click on Edit button, and confirm the UAC elevation request.

• Highlight the Administrators in the “Group or user names” box. If the user ID or group that you want to manage the permissions for the object doesn’t exist, click on “Add” button, and type in the user name or group name desired into
      the “Enter object names to select (Can use Everyone as user Name)” box, and finish off by clicking on “OK”.

• In the Permissions for Administrators box below (or any other user name or group name you chose), click on “Full Control” under the “Allow” column to assign full access rights control permissions to Administrators group.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

"This security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object", when trying to create...

1. "This security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object", when trying to create... - Similar Threads - security may assigned

2. Unable to create GPO security objects per Microsoft TechNet article

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to create GPO security objects per Microsoft TechNet article: Hi I am running Win 10 20h2 and Server 2016 in a AD forest with a couple of child domains.It has bee requested of me to lock down the App Sys and Sec Logs from some Admin accounts. I have been trying to add these entries below into Sceregvl.inf and run the regsvr32 scecli.dll...
  3. Unable to create GPO security objects per Microsoft TechNet article

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create GPO security objects per Microsoft TechNet article: Hi I am running Win 10 20h2 and Server 2016 in a AD forest with a couple of child domains.It has bee requested of me to lock down the App Sys and Sec Logs from some Admin accounts. I have been trying to add these entries below into Sceregvl.inf and run the regsvr32 scecli.dll...
  4. Unable to create GPO security objects per Microsoft TechNet article

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Replacing owner on sub containers and objects

Replacing owner on sub containers and objects: Hello!I was changing some permissions for my WindowsApps folder and need some help with certain steps. I have 3 questions.1 I found a previous thread that helped but I did not perform step 6 where I have to “make sure that the Replace owner on sub containers and objects...
  6. Replacing owner on sub containers and objects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replacing owner on sub containers and objects: Hello!I was changing some permissions for my WindowsApps folder and need some help with certain steps. I have 3 questions.1 I found a previous thread that helped but I did not perform step 6 where I have to “make sure that the Replace owner on sub containers and objects...
  7. Replacing owner on sub containers and objects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. security key not associated by owner

security key not associated by owner: i have a physical yubi associated either to the laptop or an account. Anyhow in list of credentials of sign in one account says security key. No email nothing else as information is. All i know if selected your asked to insert key to sign into microsoft. not a specific email...
  9. Error when trying to change owner to my admin user in securities tab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error when trying to change owner to my admin user in securities tab: hi, i am having issue where i am not allowed to change the owner of the drive to my admin account. it is currently set to trusted installer. regards, tony [ATTACH]...
  10. changing the owners id

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    changing the owners id: I recently bought a business from my former boss. My computers still have his name on them. where do I go to change that. Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-the-owners-id/33ca4c7f-0612-4c99-8a73-cf25e4bd80a6

Users found this page by searching for:

1. this security id may not be assigned as the owner of this object.

2. this security id may not be assigned as owner

3. security id may not be assigned as the owner of this object

4. this security id may not hdd,
  5. the security id may not be assigned as the owner of this object,
  6. THIS SECURITY ID MAY NOT BE ASSIGNED THE OWNER OF THIS OBJECT,
  7. robocopy error security id may not be assigned as the owner of this object,
  8. this security id may not be assigned as the owner of this object,
  9. this security id may not be assigned as owner of,
  10. security id may not be assigned as owner of object,
  11. group owner this security id may not be assigned as owner of this object,
  12. This security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object windows 10,
  13. windows encountered problem installing driver. Security id may not be assigned,
  14. security id may not be assigned as the owner,
  15. the security id may not be assigned mysql