Windows 10: THIS SETTING IS ADMINISTERED BY YOUR ADMINISTRATOR IN SECURITY WINDOWS 10

Discus and support THIS SETTING IS ADMINISTERED BY YOUR ADMINISTRATOR IN SECURITY WINDOWS 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am unable to toggle any settings in windows defender , it shows THIS SETTING IS ADMINISTERED BY YOUR ADMINISTRATOR .I am the administrator.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SumitShaw1, Nov 27, 2020.

1. THIS SETTING IS ADMINISTERED BY YOUR ADMINISTRATOR IN SECURITY WINDOWS 10

I am unable to toggle any settings in windows defender , it shows THIS SETTING IS ADMINISTERED BY YOUR ADMINISTRATOR .I am the administrator.

please help.

:)

SumitShaw1, Nov 27, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Nov 27, 2020
  3. How to access administrative settings to authorize the download

Hi James,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please provide us the following information:

• Are you logged in using Local account\ Administrator account?

I suggest you to refer to the suggestion by Ravi.Shankar from the following link.

Windows 8 says i need administrator permission to install a driver but i am the adminsistrator

(Note: Steps applies to Windows 10 as well)

Do update us with the above information, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

THIS SETTING IS ADMINISTERED BY YOUR ADMINISTRATOR IN SECURITY WINDOWS 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

THIS SETTING IS ADMINISTERED BY YOUR ADMINISTRATOR IN SECURITY WINDOWS 10

1. THIS SETTING IS ADMINISTERED BY YOUR ADMINISTRATOR IN SECURITY WINDOWS 10 - Similar Threads - SETTING ADMINISTERED ADMINISTRATOR

2. "For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator." message...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator." message...: I am getting this message after enabling BitLocker. I checked the group policy settings for BitLocker but none of them were enabled or disabled. It only says that it is not configured. Is this normal? How to get rid of this message?...
  3. "For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator." message...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator." message...: I am getting this message after enabling BitLocker. I checked the group policy settings for BitLocker but none of them were enabled or disabled. It only says that it is not configured. Is this normal? How to get rid of this message?...
  4. "For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator." message...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. This setting is managed by your administrator

This setting is managed by your administrator: 1. Tried to download an app in Bluestacks via google play2. clicked the notification pic 13. Clicked controlled folder settings in pic 24. Arrived at pic 3 with the error messageI am on a local account as administrator. There are no other accounts on my device. I have tried...
  6. Getting "For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting "For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator": Hi. Hoping someone can help me. I have a fairly new HP Envy that came with Windows 11. A while ago, I kept seeing the following message"For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator"It was odd my wasn't an actual issue for me.I have just upgraded...
  7. Getting "For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator"

Getting "For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator": Hi. Hoping someone can help me. I have a fairly new HP Envy that came with Windows 11. A while ago, I kept seeing the following message"For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator"It was odd my wasn't an actual issue for me.I have just upgraded...
  8. This setting is managed by your administrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This setting is managed by your administrator: In my windows settings it says this setting is managed by your administrator submitted by /u/MagnusG07 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lfa5if/this_setting_is_managed_by_your_administrator/
  9. Windows Security Virus & Threat Protection Settings "managed by your administrator"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Virus & Threat Protection Settings "managed by your administrator": Hello, I installed the free trial of Malwarebytes to ensure I did not have any malware issues. I noticed it had switched Windows Security off, and the virus and threat protection said "this setting is managed by your administrator" for the top three settings. I uninstalled...
  10. "This setting is managed by your administrator" on Windows Security settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    "This setting is managed by your administrator" on Windows Security settings: Hi! Can anyone help me with this? Ever since my Windows 10 updated, this happened. I cannot control the settings of my Windows Security and it seems like I am not the Administrator of my laptop even though my account states that I am set as the Administrator. Any assistance...