Windows 10: "This setting is managed by your administration" Windows Defender

Discus and support "This setting is managed by your administration" Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, so I have this problem that ALT + Enter doesn't work in any games for me so I thought I'll look around Windows settings, maybe something is messed... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by righN, Nov 2, 2018.

1. righN Win User

"This setting is managed by your administration" Windows Defender

Hi, so I have this problem that ALT + Enter doesn't work in any games for me so I thought I'll look around Windows settings, maybe something is messed up and I get this "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation" and I remembered about Windows Defender, because I had something like that with it too. I fixed it before but that doesn't seem to work this time, I get "This setting is managed by your administrator" in WIndows Defender settings. This is my OWN computer.

Windows 10 Home x64, so I can't change anything is Group Policy.

:)

righN, Nov 2, 2018

2. Windows Defender isn't initializing.

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I suggest you to Set Windows Defender to Automatic - You can set the Windows Defender service to Automatic, Disabled or Manual. Setting it to automatic might solve the problem. Follow these
    steps:

• Click Start > type services in the Search box > click Services in the Programs list.
    • Search for Windows defender.
    • Double-click Windows Defender, and click Automatic in the start-up box > click OK.
    Also, follow the below mentioned steps and check:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 2 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

• Close the CMD window
    Keep us posted on the status of the issue and we’ll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Nov 2, 2018
  3. Windows Defender Not Working in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I suggest you to Set Windows Defender to Automatic - You can set the Windows Defender service to Automatic, Disabled or Manual. Setting it to automatic might solve the problem. Follow these
    steps:

• Click Start > type services in the Search box > click Services in the Programs list.
    • Search for Windows defender.
    • Double-click Windows Defender, and click Automatic in the start-up box > click OK.
    Also, follow the below mentioned steps and check:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 2 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

• Close the CMD window
    Keep us posted on the status of the issue and we’ll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Nov 2, 2018
  4. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Nov 2, 2018
Thema:

1. "This setting is managed by your administration" Windows Defender - Similar Threads - setting managed administration

2. the setting is managed by your administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the setting is managed by your administrator: I am running Windows 11 Enterprise 23H2 on my laptop. My user account has admin privileges. I am trying to turn off my firewall. I believe it is preventing MiKTeX from installing packages on the fly. However, I am unable to do so. I get the message that "some settings are...
  3. This setting is managed by your administrator

This setting is managed by your administrator: 1. Tried to download an app in Bluestacks via google play2. clicked the notification pic 13. Clicked controlled folder settings in pic 24. Arrived at pic 3 with the error messageI am on a local account as administrator. There are no other accounts on my device. I have tried...
  4. This Setting Is Managed by Your Administrator

This Setting Is Managed by Your Administrator: Hello there!I'm trying to install Software that I know is safe. But the Button for installing it anyway is missingfirst picture. I found out that I need to change the settings, but I am not able to change it although I got Administration rights second picture. I tried a lot...
  5. window defender : This setting is managed by your administrator.

in Windows 10 Customization
    window defender : This setting is managed by your administrator.: I am not able to turn on it bcz it showing This setting is managed by your administrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-defender-this-setting-is-managed-by-your/be50aedf-9fdf-4cd7-b80e-5fe17bd26592
  6. window defender : This setting is managed by your administrator.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window defender : This setting is managed by your administrator.: I am not able to turn on it bcz it showing This setting is managed by your administrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-defender-this-setting-is-managed-by-your/be50aedf-9fdf-4cd7-b80e-5fe17bd26592
  7. window defender : This setting is managed by your administrator.

8. This setting is managed by your administrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This setting is managed by your administrator: In my windows settings it says this setting is managed by your administrator submitted by /u/MagnusG07 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lfa5if/this_setting_is_managed_by_your_administrator/
  9. "This setting is managed by your administrator"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "This setting is managed by your administrator": I got a Virus a while back and used malwarebytes and other programs to get rid of it. I also got malwarebytes premium so i had better real time protection. But ever since i got the virus my Windows Defender said "This setting is managed by your administrator" above...
  10. Defender - "This setting is managed by your administrator"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender - "This setting is managed by your administrator": I got fed up with AVG finally and fully uninstalled it with their removal tools. Now I'm trying out Windows Defender to see how I manage. But under "Virus & threat protection settings", I can't enable Real-Time protection.It's greyed out and says, "This setting is managed by...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. this setting is managed by your administrator windows defender

2. windows defender settings administrator

3. windows defender this setting is managed by your administrator

4. this setting is managed by your administrator defender,
  5. windows defender administration,
  6. this setting is managed by your administrator,
  7. windows defender this setting is managed by administrator,
  8. app & Browser Control windows security managed by administrator,
  9. defender settings managed by administrator,
  10. mengatasi masalah pada defender this setting is managed by your administrator,
  11. windows defender this setting is managed by your admin,
  12. defender this setting is managed by your administrator,
  13. admin for defender settings,
  14. defender this setting is managed,
  15. this setting is managed by your administrator in windows defender