Windows 10: "This setting is managed by your administrator." doesn't let me change 'Check apps and...

Discus and support "This setting is managed by your administrator." doesn't let me change 'Check apps and... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit edition, and not using any third-party antivirus. My default antivirus and protection is Windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by virk_ps, Apr 6, 2020.

1. virk_ps Win User

"This setting is managed by your administrator." doesn't let me change 'Check apps and...

I am using Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit edition, and not using any third-party antivirus. My default antivirus and protection is Windows defender.
    Under windows security settings ---> App & browser control --> check apps and files, is permanently off and I am unable to change that to 'block' or 'warn'. A message is shown just above it stating "This setting is managed by your administrator." how can get hold of this control and change it to the warn and remove that message.
    I hereby attach the screenshot...
    "This setting is managed by your administrator." doesn't let me change 'Check apps and... c0696305-fc12-48c2-93fc-de2f41399dbe?upload=true.jpg

:)

virk_ps, Apr 6, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

"This setting is managed by your administrator." doesn't let me change 'Check apps and... [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Mayon Win User
    Check apps and files is greyed out - this setting is managed by your administrator

Hi Lizette

I created a new users profile as per your advise but the issue persist.

Still cannot configure and the systems says ;\"this setting is managed by your admin" Does not make sense.

Any other suggestion is welcome

Thanks

Mayon, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Steevo Win User

"This setting is managed by your administrator." doesn't let me change 'Check apps and...

Windows doesn't see my DVD ROM

Is it listed in Computer Management, under Administrative tools? Look at disk management too see if it is listed.

Steevo, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

1. "This setting is managed by your administrator." doesn't let me change 'Check apps and... - Similar Threads - setting managed administrator

2. the setting is managed by your administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the setting is managed by your administrator: I am running Windows 11 Enterprise 23H2 on my laptop. My user account has admin privileges. I am trying to turn off my firewall. I believe it is preventing MiKTeX from installing packages on the fly. However, I am unable to do so. I get the message that "some settings are...
  3. This setting is managed by your administrator

This setting is managed by your administrator: 1. Tried to download an app in Bluestacks via google play2. clicked the notification pic 13. Clicked controlled folder settings in pic 24. Arrived at pic 3 with the error messageI am on a local account as administrator. There are no other accounts on my device. I have tried...
  4. This Setting Is Managed by Your Administrator

This Setting Is Managed by Your Administrator: Hello there!I'm trying to install Software that I know is safe. But the Button for installing it anyway is missingfirst picture. I found out that I need to change the settings, but I am not able to change it although I got Administration rights second picture. I tried a lot...
  5. this setting managed by your administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this setting managed by your administrator: hello, im using windows 11 home. i get this thing when i try to turn on this setting, it show this setting managed by your administrator. even though im the administrator, is there any way to fix this? pls help me...
  6. this setting managed by your administrator

this setting managed by your administrator: hello, im using windows 11 home. i get this thing when i try to turn on this setting, it show this setting managed by your administrator. even though im the administrator, is there any way to fix this? pls help me...
  7. This setting is managed by your administrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This setting is managed by your administrator: In my windows settings it says this setting is managed by your administrator submitted by /u/MagnusG07 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lfa5if/this_setting_is_managed_by_your_administrator/
  8. "This setting is managed by your administrator"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "This setting is managed by your administrator": I got a Virus a while back and used malwarebytes and other programs to get rid of it. I also got malwarebytes premium so i had better real time protection. But ever since i got the virus my Windows Defender said "This setting is managed by your administrator" above...
  9. this setting is managed by your administrator on apps and browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    this setting is managed by your administrator on apps and browser: so after resetting my windows it preinstalled Norton with 30 day antivirus i uninstalled the antivirus but also i can not enable smart screen ....please help [ATTACH]...
  10. Check Apps & Files settings managed by administrator HELP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Check Apps & Files settings managed by administrator HELP: [ATTACH] Idk why this keeps happening but can anyone help me with this? (new to reddit) submitted by /u/ThRdBrn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g9sohw/check_apps_files_settings_managed_by/