Windows 10: "This setting is managed by your administrator"... even though I am the admin and I built...

Discus and support "This setting is managed by your administrator"... even though I am the admin and I built... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Basically I am trying to launch Company of Heroes 2 and it will not launch unless I turn off protection. However, I am prevented to do so because of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AdmiralMcClout, Feb 11, 2020.

1. "This setting is managed by your administrator"... even though I am the admin and I built...

Basically I am trying to launch Company of Heroes 2 and it will not launch unless I turn off protection. However, I am prevented to do so because of this message and the option being grayed out. I have done some stuff in gpedit but it is not enough. I don't wish to do another installation since that is going to take a long time.

submitted by /u/AdmiralMcClout
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AdmiralMcClout, Feb 11, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows10 think my local user admin as Built-in Administrator. App can't be openen using the built-in administrator account

Hi Abdullah,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the operating system. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating. We are here to help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system settings/ system files. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if Built-in Administrator account is enabled. If so, try to disable.

Step 1: Follow the steps toDisable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)
    Restart the computer and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to refer to the below thread replied by
    Marilyn O on November 22, 2012 as this suggestion has helped many others and check if it helps you as well.

App can't open with built in administrator account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, Feb 11, 2020
  4. "This setting is managed by your administrator"... even though I am the admin and I built...

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hi guys

I have same issue in safe boot mode with networking!

First of all it blocks the networking

Then states:

Settings cant be opened using the built in administrator account sign in with different account and try again.

Yet clicking on windows i opens settings fine

It also states broadband blocked, yet I can happily get on the net but at first I couldn't.

When I asked about it the guy from Microsoft tech answers couldn't understand why I wanted to use safe boot mode with networking????????

After he did nothing to help but emailed some scripts which didn't refer to safe mode. I rebooted and suddenly safe mode with networking worked with the net but windows 10 still claims broadband is blocked!

Im also still getting the message on trying to unblock broadband:

cant be opened using the built in administrator account sign in with different account and try again.

What is going on there?

Lokiroarsamba, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

"This setting is managed by your administrator"... even though I am the admin and I built...

1. "This setting is managed by your administrator"... even though I am the admin and I built... - Similar Threads - setting managed administrator

2. "This setting is managed by your administrator" I am the administrator tho?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This setting is managed by your administrator" I am the administrator tho?: So, with microsoft defender for 3 months its been not working too well in terms of settings, it doesnt allow me to change a few settings and tamper protection says "This setting is managed by your administrator" Even tho i am the administrator?SpecsGeforce Nvidia RTX 3050...
  3. "This setting is managed by your administrator" I am the administrator tho?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "This setting is managed by your administrator" I am the administrator tho?: So, with microsoft defender for 3 months its been not working too well in terms of settings, it doesnt allow me to change a few settings and tamper protection says "This setting is managed by your administrator" Even tho i am the administrator?SpecsGeforce Nvidia RTX 3050...
  4. Settings managed by administrator I am administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Settings managed by administrator I am administrator: I have a problem where most of my settings can not be changed due to an old connection to AAD which I believe I have already removed. I do not want to reinstall my system, how can I fix the issue?...
  5. "This setting is managed by your administrator" when I am.

"This setting is managed by your administrator" when I am.: So I've tried ever solution online about how to stop it from destroying my computer . NONE of it worked. I want to simply turn off windows defender, but I can't. Apparently I'm not admin when the only account on this PC is me and under my name it says I'm admin. Please help....
  6. Unable to change certain settings even though I am an administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change certain settings even though I am an administrator: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Hi all, as can be seen above, I am an administrator. However, I am unable to change certain settings. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-certain-settings-even-though-i-am/787252ae-7991-46bb-8e6e-d4c213742c35
  7. Some settings are managed by your system administrator even though I am administrator

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Some settings are managed by your system administrator even though I am administrator: Hello, I am using Windows 10 2021.01.22 build and I have recently noticed but I don't know when this issue appeared that all my power options are grayed out. Everything from changing current power plan to advanced power settings. And a message shows up in the top of power...
  8. Restricted Admin Privileges even though I AM THE ADMIN

Restricted Admin Privileges even though I AM THE ADMIN: Okay, I have encountered this issue before and I am quite literally annoyed with Windows now. I own the computer so yes it's a personal computer and I am the sole admin/user of said computer. So this is nothing new but Windows has this weird lock on the Admin position...
  9. Blocked apps even though I am administrator

Blocked apps even though I am administrator: When I try to open different things such as a Samsung USB driver a window pops up saying "This app has been blocked for your protection" I have given myself administrator as well as making a new user and giving that one administrator too but the same thing happens....
  10. Tamper Protection "This setting is managed by your administrator" but I am and admin and...

Tamper Protection "This setting is managed by your administrator" but I am and admin and...: I am using Windows 10 and Just as the title says I have tried fixes online an none of them have worked. I even tried restoring my pc to try and fix it but still a problem. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but i cant turn on real time or do any type of scans...