Windows 10: "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns"....

Discus and support "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns".... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So randomly last night about 12 hours ago my laptop with Windows 11 shows the above error message when I input my pin."This sign-in option is disabled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by R00_, Jan 28, 2022.

1. R00_ Win User

"This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns"....

So randomly last night about 12 hours ago my laptop with Windows 11 shows the above error message when I input my pin."This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option, or keep your device powered on for at least 2 hours and then try again".Prior to this, I used my laptop normally and everything was fine. I did not put in the pin several times and certainly not repeatedly shut down my laptop, so I'm not sure where this even comes from.From what I understand, my only chances to log back in my laptop are to:Wait 2 hours WH

:)

2. Daxid1943 Win User

Surface won't accept Pin - "This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns."

I have the same problem, in that my Microsoft Surface will not accept my PIN login since the last update (? about 2 weeks ago). I get the error message " this sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different
    sign in option or keep your device powered on for at least two hours and then try again". I have done this without success.

I have now tried the solution above you gave, but this has not worked either. Please advise.

[Post split by the moderator.]

Daxid1943, Jan 28, 2022
  3. Windows 10 desktop keeps locking. Says "this sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns."

I would like to disable the feature that locks the computer due to "failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns." Twice it's happened, and it's a major pain. I realize that it's a security feature, but I feel that given my home situation - very secure
    - I am willing to take the risk.

Thanks in advance.

GillianGilman, Jan 28, 2022
  4. "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns"....

Sign-In option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns

Morning,

I have a Desktop machine that was working fine last week.

A colleauge of mine changed the pin but forgot to tell us what it was when she left.

We tried what we thought was the default pin a couple of times, then contacted her for the correct pin.

When we ented the pin, we for the "Sign-In option is disabled" error code. We have left the machine over night but the message is still present. In regards to troubleshooting:

• Rebooted the device,
    • Left the device running for over 12 hours,
    • Attempted to use the Password option, but same error (This is the correct password),
    • We then try to Reset Password but do not have access to a Reset disk,
    • We have an Admin account but do not have access to the password as the employee has now left.

Thank you

Jacksonr78, Jan 28, 2022
Thema:

"This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns"....

1. "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns".... - Similar Threads - sign option disabled

2. "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns....: "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option, or keep your device powered on for at least 2 hours and then try again." I got this message when I tried to enter my PIN not knowing why. I have no...
  3. "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns....: "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option, or keep your device powered on for at least 2 hours and then try again." I got this message when I tried to enter my PIN not knowing why. I have no...
  4. "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns....: Hi, please help! So last night my pc got a command like this:"This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option, or keep your device powered on for at least 2 hours and then try again".But this morning I...
  5. "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns"....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns"....: I have an older Lenovo laptop from a few years ago that I gave to my family, they forgot the PIN to it and locked themselves out, I have the correct PIN and the password associated with the Microsoft account however I'm unable to login, when booting up I'm met with a...
  6. "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns"....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns"....: I have an older Lenovo laptop from a few years ago that I gave to my family, they forgot the PIN to it and locked themselves out, I have the correct PIN and the password associated with the Microsoft account however I'm unable to login, when booting up I'm met with a...
  7. "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns"...: My PC's sound was working since July 25 so I had to contact costomer support. I did everthing they told me to do and also washed my PC. Ever since I did a driver update, my PC started randomly rebooting on its own and showing bluescreen sometimes. When the screen shows it...
  8. This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns"....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns"....: I have issues with Windows 11 that I unable to log in with the error "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a....."I already try wait 2 hours but it still the same. Please help me on this...
  9. This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns”...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns”...: This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns” How do I fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-sign-in-option-is-disabled-because-of-failed/4bd907ca-f4e5-4d52-84e6-dad6fe6d2d77
  10. "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns"....

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns"....: Hello Sir/Madam.I just used it 5 hours ago at school and then I came home and opened it up it showed like this : "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option, or keep your device powered on for at...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option or keep your device powered on for at least 2 hours and then try again.

2. How to login windows when sign in option disabled