Windows 10: "This site can't be reached" when I click on a link in an email

Discus and support "This site can't be reached" when I click on a link in an email in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Whenever I click on a link in my email I get one of these errors seen below. I posted in a different forum about this a month ago and was told to do... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by polarisgold, Dec 17, 2019.

1. "This site can't be reached" when I click on a link in an email

Whenever I click on a link in my email I get one of these errors seen below. I posted in a different forum about this a month ago and was told to do something in the browser security area to fix this issue. It did fix the issue....for a while and now its back.

Thanks in advance....also whenever I try to preview a shopify store I get the errors. The weird thing is if I click on a link and get one of these errors I can x it out and click on the link again and the link opens normally but not the shopify preview.

Baffling right?

I am using Chrome browser and this happens in my gmail, two different encrypted email accounts and on my shopify preview. "This site can't be reached" when I click on a link in an email 13e87da2-8a75-4e49-8000-8e3ea9a17cd0?upload=true.png "This site can't be reached" when I click on a link in an email a3aea12b-c73f-40e5-a8c6-c20b15dea8d3?upload=true.png * Original title: Why Am I Getting These.....

:)

polarisgold, Dec 17, 2019
  2. weybrew Win User

All Gmail links fail

Thanks to Caledon Ken...your suggestion had no effect.

Thanks to bro67...Interestingly enough the Gmail link to this forum reply actually worked, as did your link to "How to Fix....." I tried steps 1 and 2 without success. Step 3 gave me the following screen, which didn't look like the article described. At any rate, the probem is unchanged...screenshot follows.

"This site can't be reached" when I click on a link in an email [​IMG]

"This site can't be reached" when I click on a link in an email [​IMG]

weybrew, Jan 9, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to open links in emails

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to open links from emails. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

However, it would be great if you can help us with the details requested below:

• What is the complete error message that you receive?
    • Which email client are you using to access your emails i.e. Microsoft Outlook or Windows Mail?
    • Were you able to open links from emails earlier?
    • Which version of Windows are you using? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Windows Mail app, I would suggest you to try changing the Default web browser and check if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned in the article

Change default programs in Windows 10

If you are facing this issue in Microsoft Outlook, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Hyperlinks are not working in Outlook

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take
    backup of registry

We await your response.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 9, 2020
  4. Pete1burn Win User

"This site can't be reached" when I click on a link in an email

Build for a friend

Can't link directly to a wish list. You need to email it to yourself and then post the link it gives you there. Then I'll look at it. *Smile "This site can't be reached" when I click on a link in an email :) It's obvious you're suggesting an i7 build though. hehe

Pete1burn, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

"This site can't be reached" when I click on a link in an email

1. "This site can't be reached" when I click on a link in an email - Similar Threads - site can't reached

2. "This site can't be reached" problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This site can't be reached" problem: I am at witts end. I am using chrome but I am having the same problem in MS Edge. When I try to go to a site via bookmark, seach engine result or links, 95% of the time I get "This site can't be reached". Edge gives me "Hmmm I can't reach that page". Sometimes I get this...
  3. Can't reach to this site

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't reach to this site: Hİ, I could not get an answer from the Google community. Would you help me to understand that why I can't reach the UK version anymore? I tried resetting my browser and also tried on another browser....
  4. MS Site Can't Be Reached

in Browsers and Email
    MS Site Can't Be Reached: Hello, Started this morning (like everyday) first to download Defender updated Definitions, after several seconds got an answer "site could not be reached". Tried to download "MS Malware removal tool" (just for a test) got the same answer. Tried to download some update (any)...
  5. MS Site Can't Be Reached

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Site Can't Be Reached: Hello, Started this morning (like everyday) first to download Defender updated Definitions, after several seconds got an answer "site could not be reached". Tried to download "MS Malware removal tool" (just for a test) got the same answer. Tried to download some update (any)...
  6. This site can't be reached.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This site can't be reached.: Please help me with This site can't be reached. Will open YouTube and Google but not Wells Fargo. for example. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-site-cant-be-reached/3fd712af-fcee-4ea9-8dce-e13e9c2d5f26
  7. Some sites can't be reached

Some sites can't be reached: There are many sites which can't be reached since i've installed win10, I have tried to change the browsers but it still can't be reached [ATTACH]...
  8. This site can't be reached

This site can't be reached: Why is Win 10 Eating My Internet Traffic?? Multiple browsers Edge, Firefox, Chrome have tried and all fail to connect to a specific site I'm on a Home network behind a Verizon FIOS Quantum router. The router has an ICMP echo ping applet that shows that the site is alive and...
  9. "This site can't be reached"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "This site can't be reached": Hi, I am having issues launching other websites and it keeps displaying "this site can't be reached". Do you have any idea what is happening? And how to fix it? Thank you in advance for your response....
  10. Can't reach a site

in Browsers and Email
    Can't reach a site: Whole week can't reach site Vip mobile | Privatni from any browser from "normal" latest 1903 with any browser. What could it be ? From Fast insider no problem. Any ideas ? 139846

Users found this page by searching for:

1. yahoo site cant be reached error language:en

2. when i click on a web link it says site cant be reached