Windows 10: This site can't be reached

Discus and support This site can't be reached in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why is Win 10 Eating My Internet Traffic?? Multiple browsers Edge, Firefox, Chrome have tried and all fail to connect to a specific site I'm on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JasMars, Jan 15, 2020.

1. JasMars Win User

This site can't be reached

Why is Win 10 Eating My Internet Traffic??

Multiple browsers Edge, Firefox, Chrome have tried and all fail to connect
    to a specific site

I'm on a Home network behind a Verizon FIOS Quantum router. The router has an ICMP echo ping applet that shows that the site is alive and reachable. And yet when a tracert is done from a command prompt within Win 10 it reports it as unreachable

Using a Raspberry Pi on the network and performing a traceroute shows the site as reachable. Indeed, using the Chromium browser on the RaspPi the target web site renders just fine. Traceroute on the RaspPi always shows the complete multiple hops to the destination.

On Win 10, using tracert, the system does resolve site name nj-s1.dedicatedpanel.net to it's IP address 208.123.116.2, but dies on the second hop. Interestingly, if the IP address is used with tracert, it will sometimes do a complete trace of 2 hops ...I've read elsewhere that it might be a Verizon FIOS thing in only showing the beginning and ending hops in tracert, but could it be Win 10's doing? and yet othertimes fails.

I've flushed DNS, changed DNS servers from Verizon's to OpenDNS and back again, tried troubleshooting in Adminstrative, Local User and Safe Mode. I've opened up the Windows Security Firewall to all traffic no security software is being utilized and still it fails. Rebooted, restarted PC and Router -- All to no avail.

Checked the H****ng anywhere near the web site that fails to connect.

HTTPS: The RaspPi Chromium and Google Chrome on Win 10, both indicate that the site has a valid SSL Server Certificate.

Any ideas??

:)

JasMars, Jan 15, 2020
  2. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool This site can't be reached :cool:

jmcslob, Jan 15, 2020
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Jan 15, 2020
  4. This site can't be reached

imperialreign, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

This site can't be reached

1. This site can't be reached - Similar Threads - site can't reached

2. "This site can't be reached" problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This site can't be reached" problem: I am at witts end. I am using chrome but I am having the same problem in MS Edge. When I try to go to a site via bookmark, seach engine result or links, 95% of the time I get "This site can't be reached". Edge gives me "Hmmm I can't reach that page". Sometimes I get this...
  3. "This site can't be reached" problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "This site can't be reached" problem: I am at witts end. I am using chrome but I am having the same problem in MS Edge. When I try to go to a site via bookmark, seach engine result or links, 95% of the time I get "This site can't be reached". Edge gives me "Hmmm I can't reach that page". Sometimes I get this...
  4. Can't reach to this site

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't reach to this site: Hİ, I could not get an answer from the Google community. Would you help me to understand that why I can't reach the UK version anymore? I tried resetting my browser and also tried on another browser....
  5. MS Site Can't Be Reached

in Browsers and Email
    MS Site Can't Be Reached: Hello, Started this morning (like everyday) first to download Defender updated Definitions, after several seconds got an answer "site could not be reached". Tried to download "MS Malware removal tool" (just for a test) got the same answer. Tried to download some update (any)...
  6. MS Site Can't Be Reached

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Site Can't Be Reached: Hello, Started this morning (like everyday) first to download Defender updated Definitions, after several seconds got an answer "site could not be reached". Tried to download "MS Malware removal tool" (just for a test) got the same answer. Tried to download some update (any)...
  7. This site can't be reached.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This site can't be reached.: Please help me with This site can't be reached. Will open YouTube and Google but not Wells Fargo. for example. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-site-cant-be-reached/3fd712af-fcee-4ea9-8dce-e13e9c2d5f26
  8. Some sites can't be reached

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some sites can't be reached: There are many sites which can't be reached since i've installed win10, I have tried to change the browsers but it still can't be reached [ATTACH]...
  9. "This site can't be reached"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "This site can't be reached": Hi, I am having issues launching other websites and it keeps displaying "this site can't be reached". Do you have any idea what is happening? And how to fix it? Thank you in advance for your response....
  10. Can't reach a site

in Browsers and Email
    Can't reach a site: Whole week can't reach site Vip mobile | Privatni from any browser from "normal" latest 1903 with any browser. What could it be ? From Fast insider no problem. Any ideas ? 139846