Windows 10: This sounds strange, but Microsoft doesn't have a website informing you of a virus right?

Discus and support This sounds strange, but Microsoft doesn't have a website informing you of a virus right? in Cortana to solve the problem; So I clicked on an ad for Ebay I always forget the ads are above the website and it took me to a website looking like Microsoft's with about 5 pop-ups... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Vfamily, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Vfamily Win User

This sounds strange, but Microsoft doesn't have a website informing you of a virus right?

So I clicked on an ad for Ebay I always forget the ads are above the website and it took me to a website looking like Microsoft's with about 5 pop-ups saying there was a trojan virus and a number below to call. But I'm thinking, why would they inform you through a website and not an email or the desktop. Also on the site was "These have been comprimised" or something lsiting email banking statements etc not actual ones just the word

So do they have a website or is that just a fake scam

:)

Vfamily, Dec 22, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

This sounds strange, but Microsoft doesn't have a website informing you of a virus right? [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Dec 22, 2020
  3. Bushka Win User
    Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Dec 22, 2020
  4. This sounds strange, but Microsoft doesn't have a website informing you of a virus right?

Right clicking on a save website

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to rename the saved websites in Microsoft Edge. We will help you.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the "Hub" - 3 lines in the right top corner of the Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the Favorites and check if the Websites are saved.
    • Right click and check if the rename option is available. Click on that and
      check if it possible to rename.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

This sounds strange, but Microsoft doesn't have a website informing you of a virus right?

1. This sounds strange, but Microsoft doesn't have a website informing you of a virus right? - Similar Threads - sounds strange Microsoft

2. You can not login right now. Your Microsoft account doesn't contain information about First...

in Windows 10 Customization
    You can not login right now. Your Microsoft account doesn't contain information about First...: I'd like to log in and check out in Design Lab as my name is listed as [First Name, Last Name] with no spaces in either my first or last name, but I'm getting the error message: "You can not login right now. Your Microsoft account doesn't contain information about First...
  3. You can not login right now. Your Microsoft account doesn't contain information about First...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You can not login right now. Your Microsoft account doesn't contain information about First...: I'd like to log in and check out in Design Lab as my name is listed as [First Name, Last Name] with no spaces in either my first or last name, but I'm getting the error message: "You can not login right now. Your Microsoft account doesn't contain information about First...
  4. You can not login right now. Your Microsoft account doesn't contain information about First...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. viruses from websites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    viruses from websites: I want to watch Asian movies and dramas for free without having viruses on my pc.So is it okay to open websites like viki, crunchyroll and so on.Which is the best website to watch without having viruses?Does the window defender protects our pc if the websites contain viruses?...
  6. "Microsoft Sound Mapper" doesn't have a name anymore?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Microsoft Sound Mapper" doesn't have a name anymore?: After updating to Windows 10 update 2004, I've noticed that in audio applications, the "Microsoft Sound Mapper" name does not get displayed. Basically, there's just no text. This happens on both Audacity and VSTHost. Here's a screenshot from Audacity: [ATTACH] " - Input"...
  7. fake websites that give you a virus

fake websites that give you a virus: ya know that virus's are bad for ya computer right??? [ATTACH]so make sure realtime security is on hackers may take away ya antiVirus but windows 10.1 coming soon microsoft will make Better security : not like dead security like this *_*...
  8. A strange virus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A strange virus: Like many people, I installed apps, but one of them had the app "6b264507-ba91-4d85-86c9-1e827315cbe0" . Every hour, I hear strange vocal messages and sounds avertissement. When I try to delete it, the computer say the application doesn't exist. I also saw that my computer...
  9. You have no right to force update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    You have no right to force update: The forcefulness of Windows Update is unacceptable. A real cancer to my experience. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-have-no-right-to-force-update/e7b96b70-4c33-4117-92f7-46a677db52f5
  10. Strange virus

Strange virus: So I accidentally installed something on my computer, and with it came something that I'm not sure if it's a virus or just an annoying problem. What I know is that I can't find a way to remove it. It looks like a program that's all in Chinese, therefore I can't understand...